Topic: Strachan

I've watched him a fair bit as a summariser on TV, and like the cut of his jib. Other than that cuntish goal celebration against us. If, when or ever leeds get a sensible owner & the mighty atom runs his race with Scotland, strachan as manager and Mcallister as assistant, surely a match made in heaven?

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Re: Strachan

Sounds good to me.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

And he's best mates with Tim Booth so we could have a really good tune for the team to run on the pitch to instead of that bloody awful Eye Of The Tiger back in Strachans day.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Misura wrote:

I've watched him a fair bit as a summariser on TV, and like the cut of his jib. Other than that cuntish goal celebration against us. If, when or ever leeds get a sensible owner & the mighty atom runs his race with Scotland, strachan as manager and Mcallister as assistant, surely a match made in heaven?

No it would be the usual 'they know what its like to be Leeds' sentimental crap and you know it.

We had one of them anyway, he used to turn round and laugh when the players made a mistake and I've not forgotten that shambles against Histon.

Top man. A great celebration. Well done Vinny

I'd be happy if this never happened.

Just stood down from Scotland job "by mutual consent".

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

fulmine wrote:

What. A. Fucking. Opportunity. What's gary mac up to?

I read a bit of his post match comments, I didn't realise that there was a eugenics component to a uefa A licence. big_smile

'The Chosen One' is favourite apparently

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Dave Hockaday?

Site stalwart.

Obviously, because they choose them   natch.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Harvest wrote:

Dave Hockaday?

big_smile

suck'ahs to the side I know you hate my 98'

Harvest wrote:

Dave Hockaday?

Worse

Whisper it quietly

It's another ginner

MOYES!!!

2+1

Why not, he's a winner:

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article3786565.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/The-David-Moyes-mural-at-Taffs-Tavern-in-Old-Swan.jpg

Which other industry rewards failure like the football gravy train?

Misura wrote:
fulmine wrote:

I read a bit of his post match comments, I didn't realise that there was a eugenics component to a uefa A licence. big_smile

Not sure if you are being facetious, but that is not such a bad team? Better than some in previous years. That home draw with Lithuania or such wasn't great though.

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Mitaman wrote:
Misura wrote:
fulmine wrote:

Not sure if you are being facetious, but that is not such a bad team? Better than some in previous years. That home draw with Lithuania or such wasn't great though.

I meant for your lot! Get strachan & gary mac in as the dream ticket. That's what we've done, get in a blade, back to basics, well drilled, team spirit, hard work, no foreign fancy dans, plenty of booze, sex in the missionary position roll , got the crowd back on the player's side & we've blasted up the leagues. A spanish newspaper did an article on us pre-international break slagging us off as a team that typified post brexit britain. big_smile Fuck 'em.

Scotland? Their national identity is the summation of a collection of defeats of varying degrees of comprehensiveness; in battle, in votes, in matches. Anyone who prides themselves as 'plucky/valiant losers' are best left welll alone. That is a very hard mindset to shift.

Out of their last 25 man squad, 10 were 30 or over. 9 were 25 to 29. Other than burke, there's a couple in the u21's that look promising. The depth of quality is not there. Going forward, the problem with scotland is it is not producing young players of sufficant quality to play at the highest level. The majority of players are either in a poor quality scottish prem or the championship. Their only hope is to produce a gareth bale type of player, and surround him with reasonably competent players, which is what i suspect they are hoping with burke.

Malky "fucking Chinkies" Mackay has got the gig.

2+1

Misura wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
Misura wrote:

I meant for your lot! Get strachan & gary mac in as the dream ticket. That's what we've done, get in a blade, back to basics, well drilled, team spirit, hard work, no foreign fancy dans, plenty of booze, sex in the missionary position roll , got the crowd back on the player's side & we've blasted up the leagues. A spanish newspaper did an article on us pre-international break slagging us off as a team that typified post brexit britain. big_smile Fuck 'em.

Scotland? Their national identity is the summation of a collection of defeats of varying degrees of comprehensiveness; in battle, in votes, in matches. Anyone who prides themselves as 'plucky/valiant losers' are best left welll alone. That is a very hard mindset to shift.

Out of their last 25 man squad, 10 were 30 or over. 9 were 25 to 29. Other than burke, there's a couple in the u21's that look promising. The depth of quality is not there. Going forward, the problem with scotland is it is not producing young players of sufficant quality to play at the highest level. The majority of players are either in a poor quality scottish prem or the championship. Their only hope is to produce a gareth bale type of player, and surround him with reasonably competent players, which is what i suspect they are hoping with burke.

After that Slovenia debacle I wouldn't let Strachan manage the under 5's my grandson plays for!
Fuck knows what he told them at half time and leaving their most creative player on the bench (Snodgrass) until too late was bonkers.
As for McAllister,I keep thinking Histon in the FA cup and Donny in the play off final!

Both great players,as good as I've seen at ER but wouldn't either anywhere near the dugout at ours.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Ah, on an interim basis. "Gay snake", that was another one of his.

2+1

Former West Ham United and Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says he would be interested in succeeding Gordon Strachan as Scotland manager.

Strachan stepped down earlier this month after failing to guide his country to the World Cup.

The Englishman, 70, was sacked by Birmingham City in September after a run of six straight defeats.

"Of course," the veteran manager replied when asked if the Scotland vacancy would interest him.

"It must be a fantastic job to have. I think Gordon did what he could."

2+1

Chancer extraordinaire

Would be bloody hilarious though, wouldn't it? They'd boot the crap out of him up there.

2+1