Topic: All Things Guiseley AFC - Home of the Lions

Kids, what shall we do tomorrow? "Can we go to Chorley Dad?" Whatever the fuck for, my inital thought was. Seems Guiseley are in a play off final against them tomorrow. So desperate are my kids for some sort of footballing glory the Placid men are off to Chorley.

I'm looking forward to this place:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserRe … gland.html

Bollocks! Its shut on Saturday.

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 08 May 2015 10:56 pm)

Re: All Things Guiseley AFC - Home of the Lions

placidcasual wrote:

Kids, what shall we do tomorrow? "Can we go to Chorley Dad?" Whatever the fuck for, my inital thought was. Seems Guiseley are in a play off final against them tomorrow. So desperate are my kids for some sort of footballing glory the Placid men are off to Chorley.

I'm looking forward to this place:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserRe … gland.html

Bollocks! Its shut on Saturday.

Good luck . I went to see Chorley away to my local non league team in the FA cup. There was an amnesty bin outside for people to leave their flares and knives or was it slippers.

It's a strange place to say the least.

Great game, came back to win 3-2 from 2-0. Pitch invasions, bouncing kids offering the whole end out. +40 year old blokes talking about where the cctv is, best pie Ive ever had at football. Watched the game with the Yeadon Bhoy. Good day even the sun came out.

Guiseley took +900 according to tannoy. Hope they keep the momentum up next season.

Ace

Think there was a bit of carrying on at the last Chorley game. Brad lad, care to comment?

15 mins walk from mine.

Never went today, went pre-season v Preston and first leg of the play-off v Boston.

There is a 'youth' element about the place, but don't think it amounts to much more than handbags.

Main grudge game seems to be with Chester (including a police horse getting head-butted [go figure]), though Cordshoes' FCUM bring plenty to most games - which, following today's result, will mean a renewed league rivalry last season. In fact a photo exists of Cordshoes arms aloft following an FCUM goal, with me stood next to him, like a scolded child.

PS - I sent out an all points bulletin on Twitter for you, mate.

PPS - you lot announced any pre-season games yet?

There was a lot of carrying on when I saw them in the cup. I think it's a Chorley thing!

I once went to see Chorley Ladies v Manu Ladies, it was a long time ago but there were three sent off , two carried off and an Ambulance called to cart one of the broken legged ladies away.

It was like a Prisoner Cell Block H  meets Enter the Dragon.

We all went down to have a laugh with the Ref. He just shook his head and mumbled something alog the lines of 'worst ever' as he scuttled aaway.

Anyway congrats to Guiseley.

Last edited by Mega Armageddon Chickens (Sat 09 May 2015 8:54 pm)

There was no carrying on today, about 20 youths among loads of gloits ran on the pitch. They had no intention of causing trouble. 2 of them ran to the Guisley fans celebrating but just fucked off when the Guiseley players came to celebrate with the fans. Me and my mate were expecting them to come and have a go at the open gates of the Guiseley end, seems they didn't fancy it without a barrier and a thin line of stewards.

Well done Guiseley.
The Station pub should get some serious hammer next season then given the size of some of the clubs in the Conference.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Tony only interested in rugby, pizzas and shit music

Can see the crowds increasing the more the mess increases at Leeds.

scootay wrote:

He's also partial to liking his takings go up!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Placid....check your inbox.

old yeadonian wrote:
scootay wrote:

yeah he's done well up there but its a good pub in a good position. The pizza thing has been brilliant for him. He was telling me a while back the huge difference in takings since they started that. The angel in baildon was still alright when he had it, its absolute shite now like most of baildon but he did well. I went in there all the time when he hadnit as did most of the lads.

Old Man wrote:

Can see the crowds increasing the more the mess increases at Leeds.

That's the catalyst for me. Also a short bus ride away and easy to have a few and get the bus home.

scootay wrote:
old yeadonian wrote:
scootay wrote:

yeah he's done well up there but its a good pub in a good position. The pizza thing has been brilliant for him. He was telling me a while back the huge difference in takings since they started that. The angel in baildon was still alright when he had it, its absolute shite now like most of baildon but he did well. I went in there all the time when he hadnit as did most of the lads.

He's an alright sort.
Saw him put a few Halifax fans in their place a while back when they were getting a bit rowdy in there.

Kidderminster at Nethermoor 3 pm kick off, decent weather. Might get the 33 up and have few. Drag the kids along, bitching and moaning....

Last edited by placidcasual (Sat 15 Aug 2015 8:48 am)

Mansfield Away 2nd December 3 pm KO. Fa Cup 2nd Round!! Come on the Lions.

placidcasual wrote:

Mansfield is pwoper nawty. You'll be on your toes from the station to the ground.

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

We've added Chester away on the 23rd of December to the itinerary.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Guiseley v Halifax should be MENTAL on here.

Placid plotted up in The Station.  Sending out spotters looking for the Travis mob.

"We are The Fall"

placidcasual wrote:

The Lions v The Stags

Watch out for David Attenborough hiding away behind an oversized corner flag

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Guiseley are putting on free coach travel to Mansfield.

http://guiseleyafc.co.uk/thank-you-for-your-support/

As my mate Phil replied when I asked if he fancied going - "Always wanted to go to Mansfield. One off my “bucket list”."

I went to Leeds v Mansfield a few years back ..pre season unfriendly.  My pal from Doncaster was hell bent on scalping some scabs.. it was quite intense

The shady express will be right up for this one.  It's between them and the chesterfield bastard squad, as to who is currently 4th best firm in the east midlands region. lol

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.