Topic: Mr Crisp, Crisp Sandwhich shop - Keighley

Go on lad. If some herbert in Hoxton can do a cereal shop, why not a crisp butty shop in Keighley. Lemon Curd sarnies as well, get in.

LATEST: QUIRKY COMBINATIONS A RECIPE FOR SUCCESS AS KEIGHLEY MAN OFFICIALLY OPENS ENGLAND'S FIRST CRISP SANDWICH SHOP

The enduringly popular "crisp sandwich" snack is now being sold to discerning customers in Keighley.

Local man Mark Pearson has opened Mr Crisp in Victoria Road. He says this is the first crisp sandwich shop in England and has been inspired by a similar venture in Belfast.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/resources/images/4050266/

He said he was expecting his new business to be a big hit with fans of this simple, crunchy treat, and has stocked up on many different flavoured bags of crisps, ready to meet the demand.

"I've done the research and I decided to go for it," he said. "The feedback I've had from people has been fantastic – they love the idea.

"I've already got in 60 boxes of crisps and we' will also be doing sandwiches with spreads including lemon curd, chocolate, jam, peanut butter, Marmite and marshmallow."

Mr Crisp is at 64 Victoria Road, in what used to be a money transfer business.

It will be formally opened today by Keighley town mayor Councillor Javaid Akhtar.

Mr Pearson, who is a Keighley resident, already owns Real Image Photography and Printing, in nearby Oakworth Road, and said this business would continue to trade.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/resources/images/4050260/

Re: Mr Crisp, Crisp Sandwhich shop - Keighley

Is that butter on the top lid?

If it's a crisp, then the bread is dry, and that's not on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KF6N39LAK8

What's he charging for one?  That robbing fuck down south was charging over £3 for a bowl of corn flakes.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

If some beardo with half mast jeans is prepared to pay £3 for a bowl of Kelloggs, clever fuck I say.

Site stalwart.

The bells of Shoreditch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KF6N39LAK8

Harvest wrote:

If some beardo with half mast jeans is prepared to pay £3 for a bowl of Kelloggs, clever fuck I say.

I hope they have a mirror so their clientele can check their beards for bits of cornflake on the way out.

Cheap as chuff.  Quid a pop. 

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/10986565_10205639704605847_6593706333218382461_n.jpg?oh=5cd60ff79089f9143036299d990b8d3d&oe=56592F48

Marmite and salt n vinegar wheelz sounds fucking ace.

Wonder if he'll do Growler butties?

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Djpekingman wrote:

M&S do though.....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6f/52/6b/6f526b6af3717b5c28b3a677e51239a4.jpg

Reminds me of being at school the growler sarnie. I used to love a donkey choker, corniche pasty in a tea cake

scootay wrote:

Reminds me of being at school the growler sarnie. I used to love a donkey choker, corniche pasty in a tea cake

I bet a Fray Bentos steak 'n' kidley and brown sauce would be fucking beauty in a good fresh tea cake or scuffler.  Easily over 1100 calories that.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Djpekingman wrote:

M&S do though.....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6f/52/6b/6f526b6af3717b5c28b3a677e51239a4.jpg

I see that M&S have taken a leaf out of the Labour Party book here and tried to appeal to everyone whilst appealing to virtually no-one.  The meat in that pie is a shade between pink and grey.  Now as a proud Yorkshireman I would always go with good pink cured pork with plenty of jelly in my pie and them fucking oddballs in Leicestershire can keep all that grey meat and crumbly pastry.

Working class yuppies. Take one buttered breadcake. Take one warm growler or flat cornish. Insert between two halves of breadcake. Squash until fits in your mouth. Scran. Used to beat school dinners hands down.

Pork pies? I'd rather starve.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

Pork pies? I'd rather starve.

You don't know what you're missing. Uncle Bernard and Auntie Vera in West Bretton used to make cracking pies. Miles better than Melton Mowbray, Scotch pies, macaroni pies, whatever kind of pies cockernees 'ave wiv licor, fray bentos pies (which are disgustingly moreish), elland road pies (frozen in the middle, scalding on the outside), Cottage pies and Shepherd's pies (which aren't really pies, not having a pastry top and bottom).

Found a restaurant here that makes Ox Tail Pies in puff flaky pastry. They are indeed a thing of beauty, but I wouldn't put 'em in a breadcake. Although on second thoughts, if they were available.......

It's the jelly.

Site stalwart.

Corned beef and Heinz tomato sauce, Hovis

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Corned Beef and Beetroot. White bread. Goes all purple. Very unhealthy.

Polony and ketchup in thin sliced white bread.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Egg mayo walkers salt and vinegar or if impressing a lady, Stilton and salt and vinegar.

Mr Crisp shut down after only a few months.  Owner had heart problems.

Mr Crisp shut down after only a few months.  Owner had heart problems.

Repeating on him.

Expanding Man wrote:

Repeating on him.

Bacon fries..  Taste them cunts months after eating them.