Topic: Cradle to Grave - Danny Baker show

On last night. Peter Kay's cockney accent is well suspect but once you get over it the program is pretty funny. Still chuckling over the theatre show he went to see.

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 04 Sep 2015 6:26 am)

Re: Cradle to Grave - Danny Baker show

"Then it happened.....slap".

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Fair play to PK for giving it a go but there must have been loads more cockneys that could have done it.  Micky Flanagan or Sean Lock would have been ace.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Mon 07 Sep 2015 6:33 pm)

Taped it.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

You heard this from Danny?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012wcl4

I imagine him taking twenty people to an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Nope. Watched 30 seconds on iPlayer and Peter Kaye's attempt at an accent was like listening to Dick Van Dyke's fingernails being dragged down a blackboard. Shame, the books were good.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

Nope. Watched 30 seconds on iPlayer and Peter Kaye's attempt at an accent was like listening to Dick Van Dyke's fingernails being dragged down a blackboard. Shame, the books were good.

Couldn't agree more about the accent (thought he was supposed to be an Aussie first time I heard him), thought it was OK-ish, but never been a massive fan of Danny Baker, the world's most working-class man ever.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

(Sorry, in a bit of a ratty mood. Monday, innit.)

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

I'm liking it.  PK is funny as fuck.

I really want to like Danny Baker, but there's something about him that gets on my tits. Not sure what. Over confidence, maybe. I'm never very comfortable with ultra confident types.

Rudi wrote:

I really want to like Danny Baker, but there's something about him that gets on my tits. Not sure what. Over confidence, maybe. I'm never very comfortable with ultra confident types.

I know what you mean.  Gets a bit flowery in his language and loves the sound of his own noise a bit too much.

When he gets chatting on music though like those album shows he did, he really lights up the conversation I think.

Rudi wrote:

I know what you mean. I think sometimes he over-steps a fine line from self-depracating humour, into smugness/ arrogance/ over-confidence.

However, I think overall he is a great presenter. Him and Martin Kelner are amongst the very few radio presenters I will go out of my way to listen to. Obviously our very own Rudi is amongst that select bunch too...