Re: Boxing

Fury is too good for them all.  My worry now is of he can handle the injustice and climb the mountain again.  I can see why it was a draw but I don't agree with it.  Fury by 3.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Fury's clowning antics probably cost him more than a few points. Easy to see how someone ringside might score that a draw with the two 10-8s.

Human kindness is overflowing

Do you think he was out for that knockdown or just contemplating life?

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

Do you think he was out for that knockdown or just contemplating life?

Don't think he was out.  He rolled with the punches a bit as well by the look of it.

Wilder hits like a train. Got to respect Fury for getting back up.

I think you can make a case for a super heavy division. 44lbs difference. There's no true like for like comparison lower down the weights but that's phenomenal.

Last edited by Cutsyke (Mon 03 Dec 2018 1:24 pm)

Rematch or does one of them fight Joshua?

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Looks set up for a rematch.

Fury is kind of in a fuck the belts type of a situation, he has the moral victory. If he fights Joshua next it's a massive fight, Wembley big. If he goes back and beats Wilder does it really get any bigger? If he gets beat by Wilder  some of the sheen is gone. Was there a rematch clause?

Not saying he'd win but fighting Joshua would certainly be more of a conventional bout for Wilder. Should Joshua take the fight and lose the Fury payday diminishes. It would still be there in some form due to the Sweet Caroline mob.

The big money is in a Joshua Fury bout. Wilder can sit on the side lines and challenge the winner. If that were Fury then, arguably, a rematch, with all the belts, would be even bigger.

Last edited by Cutsyke (Mon 03 Dec 2018 2:13 pm)

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Maybe I over think things sometimes?

Makes two of us. I thought they'd have gone for a Fury v Joshua fight with Wilder fighting the winner too.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Cutsyke wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Maybe I over think things sometimes?

Ha ha ha.  I could have gone on to be honest there are a number of possibilities.  Fury can be happy that he really beat Wilder and does he need the rematch?

Not sure I could stomach Eddie Hearn in the run up to a Fury v Joshua fight.  It's a good job Fury isn't money obsessed cos Hearn will be in full wanker mode belittling Fury's claim.

You have to give AJ some credit for collecting the belts but a reckoning is coming and it should be a 50/50 purse.

Great victory, pleasantly surprised.

________________________________________________________________________________

What a fight and I mean what a fight. I think knacking Selby and Frampton in the same year is above anything any other fighters done this year. I think it's one that needs to sink in.. that was a massive result.. lovely to see no shit before or after.. class

Fair assessment that. Two results very few believed he was capable of. Interesting that Frampton says he hits hard.

Funny that promoters encourage a lot of preflight BS yet most boxing fans I know can’t stand it.