Re: Boxing

Well shows how much I know.

Share

Re: Boxing

Jesus, he's milking this

Share

Re: Boxing

I did say he is a lot better than most people think.  This wasn't a fluke, he neutralised him and threw much more punches.  More jabs and more left hooks. 

Fuck, he's singing now.  Jesus.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Boxing

It's the end of the world as we know it. Crap fight, correct decision. Better man on the night won it but that doesn't elevate Fury to the level of anything like a competent boxer. He's a giant of a man  and he beat a smaller man who's in the twilight of his career. Very poor performance by both fighters just that Fury wasn't as poor. Watch it again. 

Where does this leave Anthony Joshua then gentlemen?

Last edited by Cuts (Sun 29 Nov 2015 12:49 am)

Share

Re: Boxing

I knew he had the tools to do it. It's all about on the night though isn't it. I said earlier I think he's a good boxer. Yes it was a nothing kind of fight but he did far more than klitschko did. He negated and he frustrated. Klitschko hardly threw owt. And the referee as I thought was on klitschkos side. All the holding was done by klitschko and he didn't get warned once. Right that fury was warned a few times by the ref, but wrong that klitschko wasn't.  I said to my mate after round three that fury would be deducted a point in the fight and he was.

And he can milk it for all he wants for me. He's just won the heavyweight championship of the fucking world for Christ's sake. I like how he's mad, I like how he sings in the ring, he doesn't give a fuck. I like his team and they've worked hard. I thought he was very decent when he spoke after and he said everything I hoped he would say and didn't say anything I hoped he wouldn't say.

Not the best fight but I found it really intriguing and really absorbing. 

And I don't get the fact that he's just beaten a smaller man cuts. There was hardly owt in it really. Supposedly 3 inches taller but everytime I've seen them stood together klitschko looks taller.

I think he made klitschko look shit, I think he got under his skin a long time ago and he was confident throughout. I think klitschko wanted to win this fight more than any other. He took him serious but he thought he'd get him. And he didn't. 

I'm made up he's won, really made up

Share

Re: Boxing

Oh and I think Anthony Joshua will be world champ definitely.

Share

Re: Boxing

85 inch reach v 81 inch and 3 inch taller. I think that's significant irrespective of effort, heart or desire.

Will miss the DeGale fight, got to head into work but I'm surprised he's fighting in Bute's back yard.

Share

Re: Boxing

Cuts wrote:

85 inch reach v 81 inch and 3 inch taller. I think that's significant irrespective of effort, heart or desire.

Will miss the DeGale fight, got to head into work but I'm surprised he's fighting in Bute's back yard.

Odd for a champion yeah.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Boxing

Fair play to Fury,fully deserved and he won it the only way he could really.

Poor fight as a spectacle though.

Sorry Scootay,not wanting to be too much of a downer but if you think Fury's a good boxer then I must be missing something.

Think it's more a reflection on the division the fact that someone so limited is waking up this morning with the 3 belts.

Let him enjoy his moment in then sun though,things won't be dull with him around,that's for sure.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Share

Re: Boxing

I think fury has some good skills and is a decent enough boxer for his size. Other than the cruiserweight division, the heavyweight division has been my least favourite in probably 25 years. I've never rated the klitschkos at all and I'm glad his reign is over. I think David haye is a good fighter but I thought he bottled it against klitschko. He wouldn't bottle it against fury because fury s not got the punch. I'm not sure how long tysons reign will last but I always like watching him. He's different, he's a bit mad and he gives it his all.

I know about the height and reach difference, I just don't think when you looked at them both together it wasn't that apparent. When fury put his chin on his chest the height difference had gone. Klitschko has very basic skills.  A great jab, a good one two and a good left hook. But that's it. Fuck all else. The amount of times he turned his back or held on showed his lack of skills completely to me. That's a reflection on the division for sure.

Last edited by scootay (Sun 29 Nov 2015 11:14 am)

Share

Re: Boxing

scootay wrote:

I think fury has some good skills and is a decent enough boxer for his size. Other than the cruiserweight division, the heavyweight division has been my least favourite in probably 25 years. I've never rated the klitschkos at all and I'm glad his reign is over. I think David haye is a good fighter but I thought he bottled it against klitschko. He wouldn't bottle it against fury because fury s not got the punch. I'm not sure how long tysons reign will last but I always like watching him. He's different, he's a bit mad and he gives it his all.

I know about the height and reach difference, I just don't think when you looked at them both together it wasn't that apparent. When fury put his chin on his chest the height difference had gone. Klitschko has very basic skills.  A great jab, a good one two and a good left hook. But that's it. Fuck all else. The amount of times he turned his back or held on showed his lack of skills completely to me. That's a reflection on the division for sure.

Height and reach never bothered the original Tyson. He just steamrollered bigger opponents than him self. Definitely had 'the bigger they are.....' type attitude. Something Klitschko never seemed to have...

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Share

Re: Boxing

scootay wrote:

I knew he had the tools to do it. It's all about on the night though isn't it. I said earlier I think he's a good boxer. Yes it was a nothing kind of fight but he did far more than klitschko did. He negated and he frustrated. Klitschko hardly threw owt. And the referee as I thought was on klitschkos side. All the holding was done by klitschko and he didn't get warned once. Right that fury was warned a few times by the ref, but wrong that klitschko wasn't.  I said to my mate after round three that fury would be deducted a point in the fight and he was.

And he can milk it for all he wants for me. He's just won the heavyweight championship of the fucking world for Christ's sake. I like how he's mad, I like how he sings in the ring, he doesn't give a fuck. I like his team and they've worked hard. I thought he was very decent when he spoke after and he said everything I hoped he would say and didn't say anything I hoped he wouldn't say.

Not the best fight but I found it really intriguing and really absorbing. 

And I don't get the fact that he's just beaten a smaller man cuts. There was hardly owt in it really. Supposedly 3 inches taller but everytime I've seen them stood together klitschko looks taller.

I think he made klitschko look shit, I think he got under his skin a long time ago and he was confident throughout. I think klitschko wanted to win this fight more than any other. He took him serious but he thought he'd get him. And he didn't. 

I'm made up he's won, really made up

I agree will all of that.  When I listen to Peter Fury I hear a smart man who has guided him well and they've done it on their own terms.  Fury will make any top 10 fighter look shit at the moment.

I hear what everyone is saying about Joshua too but no one has hit him back yet, he's still a novice in my book.  I want to see how he handles a fighter who isn't there simply to get punched and fall over.  Tony Thompson would be a good fight for him.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Boxing

Reggie Perrin wrote:
scootay wrote:

I knew he had the tools to do it. It's all about on the night though isn't it. I said earlier I think he's a good boxer. Yes it was a nothing kind of fight but he did far more than klitschko did. He negated and he frustrated. Klitschko hardly threw owt. And the referee as I thought was on klitschkos side. All the holding was done by klitschko and he didn't get warned once. Right that fury was warned a few times by the ref, but wrong that klitschko wasn't.  I said to my mate after round three that fury would be deducted a point in the fight and he was.

And he can milk it for all he wants for me. He's just won the heavyweight championship of the fucking world for Christ's sake. I like how he's mad, I like how he sings in the ring, he doesn't give a fuck. I like his team and they've worked hard. I thought he was very decent when he spoke after and he said everything I hoped he would say and didn't say anything I hoped he wouldn't say.

Not the best fight but I found it really intriguing and really absorbing. 

And I don't get the fact that he's just beaten a smaller man cuts. There was hardly owt in it really. Supposedly 3 inches taller but everytime I've seen them stood together klitschko looks taller.

I think he made klitschko look shit, I think he got under his skin a long time ago and he was confident throughout. I think klitschko wanted to win this fight more than any other. He took him serious but he thought he'd get him. And he didn't. 

I'm made up he's won, really made up

I agree will all of that.  When I listen to Peter Fury I hear a smart man who has guided him well and they've done it on their own terms.  Fury will make any top 10 fighter look shit at the moment.

I hear what everyone is saying about Joshua too but no one has hit him back yet, he's still a novice in my book.  I want to see how he handles a fighter who isn't there simply to get punched and fall over.  Tony Thompson would be a good fight for him.

Chuffed that he won and beat the most boring charisma free heavyweight champion of all time. But did he have to start telling the world it was Jesus wot won it? Jesus was a fucking pacifist for fucks sake. And religion has no place in boxing.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Share

Re: Boxing

Djpekingman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
scootay wrote:

I knew he had the tools to do it. It's all about on the night though isn't it. I said earlier I think he's a good boxer. Yes it was a nothing kind of fight but he did far more than klitschko did. He negated and he frustrated. Klitschko hardly threw owt. And the referee as I thought was on klitschkos side. All the holding was done by klitschko and he didn't get warned once. Right that fury was warned a few times by the ref, but wrong that klitschko wasn't.  I said to my mate after round three that fury would be deducted a point in the fight and he was.

And he can milk it for all he wants for me. He's just won the heavyweight championship of the fucking world for Christ's sake. I like how he's mad, I like how he sings in the ring, he doesn't give a fuck. I like his team and they've worked hard. I thought he was very decent when he spoke after and he said everything I hoped he would say and didn't say anything I hoped he wouldn't say.

Not the best fight but I found it really intriguing and really absorbing. 

And I don't get the fact that he's just beaten a smaller man cuts. There was hardly owt in it really. Supposedly 3 inches taller but everytime I've seen them stood together klitschko looks taller.

I think he made klitschko look shit, I think he got under his skin a long time ago and he was confident throughout. I think klitschko wanted to win this fight more than any other. He took him serious but he thought he'd get him. And he didn't. 

I'm made up he's won, really made up

I agree will all of that.  When I listen to Peter Fury I hear a smart man who has guided him well and they've done it on their own terms.  Fury will make any top 10 fighter look shit at the moment.

I hear what everyone is saying about Joshua too but no one has hit him back yet, he's still a novice in my book.  I want to see how he handles a fighter who isn't there simply to get punched and fall over.  Tony Thompson would be a good fight for him.

Chuffed that he won and beat the most boring charisma free heavyweight champion of all time. But did he have to start telling the world it was Jesus wot won it? Jesus was a fucking pacifist for fucks sake. And religion has no place in boxing.

It's like massive hypocrites like Holyfield.  God this, Lord that whilst he was fucking anything that moved behind his wife's back.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Boxing

If God really is fixing the boxing, basketball, football (NFL) etc as some of those involved would have you believe that might go some way towards explaining all the wars, famine and suffering in the world. He's reading the papers from back to front maybe?

I hear what everyone is saying about Joshua

Not me. I'm still asking questions.

Anyone see the DeGale fight? Got a link?

Last edited by Cuts (Mon 30 Nov 2015 12:01 am)

Share

Re: Boxing

Fury stripped of IBF belt after only two weeks because Klitchko has invoked rematch clause.  alphabet game politics.  Now there will be another "champion" who no one will have heard of.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Boxing

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Fury stripped of IBF belt after only two weeks because Klitchko has invoked rematch clause.  alphabet game politics.  Now there will be another "champion" who no one will have heard of.

It's not like they didn't know he had a contract clause for a rematch.  This Ukranian guy they have as the #1 contender is an unknow as far as i can tell........I guess they'll make him fight the #2 contender with winner taking the IBF belt...?

As you say - a far cry from Tyson / Holmes / Ali which is a terrible shame for the sport and the division

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Boxing

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Fury stripped of IBF belt after only two weeks because Klitchko has invoked rematch clause.  alphabet game politics.  Now there will be another "champion" who no one will have heard of.

It's not like they didn't know he had a contract clause for a rematch.  This Ukranian guy they have as the #1 contender is an unknow as far as i can tell........I guess they'll make him fight the #2 contender with winner taking the IBF belt...?

As you say - a far cry from Tyson / Holmes / Ali which is a terrible shame for the sport and the division

Not much Fury can do about it really.  I guess he should offer the IBF new champ a crack at the others afterward but not sure Fury V Vyacheslav Glazkov doesn't sound very box office when there is Wilder, Klitchko II, Joshua and Haye out there. 

He deserves a pick after he beats Klitchko again, it's usually a given but I have a feeling that the alphabet boys and big promoters are planning some payback for Hennesey and Team Fury because they didn't play ball.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Boxing

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Fury stripped of IBF belt after only two weeks because Klitchko has invoked rematch clause.  alphabet game politics.  Now there will be another "champion" who no one will have heard of.

It's not like they didn't know he had a contract clause for a rematch.  This Ukranian guy they have as the #1 contender is an unknow as far as i can tell........I guess they'll make him fight the #2 contender with winner taking the IBF belt...?

As you say - a far cry from Tyson / Holmes / Ali which is a terrible shame for the sport and the division

Not much Fury can do about it really.  I guess he should offer the IBF new champ a crack at the others afterward but not sure Fury V Vyacheslav Glazkov doesn't sound very box office when there is Wilder, Klitchko II, Joshua and Haye out there. 

He deserves a pick after he beats Klitchko again, it's usually a given but I have a feeling that the alphabet boys and big promoters are planning some payback for Hennesey and Team Fury because they didn't play ball.

Payback? Don't fuck with the gypsies boys....

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Share

Re: Boxing

Everyone is after fury at the moment. I think it's an interesting situation, and touches upon freedom of religion & expression & thought, things which are protected/covered by human rights legislation. I've not seen the full transcript, so I don't know whether he was specifically asked of his views or whether he was just sounding off, but from the highlighted comments, they appear to be in line with conservative Christian values, and I suspect held in common with a lot of fellow Catholics. He's not calling on anyone to violent action against either persons or property. He's under investigation from GMP regarding an alleged hate crime because of it. I don't share his views, but I don't find them worthy of a criminal offence. If we are to promote free thought/speech/action, I personally expect that the contentious stuff is a hell of a lot further along the spectrum than this, like r v. brown ( wink trav). Also when sportsmen or women are interview, are we just wanting them to repeat back to us the accepted position on a topic? I'd much prefer my sporting stars to have their own opinions, however leftfield, as opposed to the highly pr polished machines of beckham or buffoonery of frank bruno etc. I've got more of an issue with the supposed impartial clive myrie calling him a 'dickhead' tbh.

Last edited by Misura (Wed 09 Dec 2015 12:17 pm)

What is the difference between pop and rock n' roll? You might get fucked.

Share

Re: Boxing

Misura wrote:

Everyone is after fury at the moment. I think it's an interesting situation, and touches upon freedom of religion & expression & thought, things which are protected/covered by human rights legislation. I've not seen the full transcript, so I don't know whether he was specifically asked of his views or whether he was just sounding off, but from the highlighted comments, they appear to be in line with conservative Christian values, and I suspect held in common with a lot of fellow Catholics. He's not calling on anyone to violent action against either persons or property. He's under investigation from GMP regarding an alleged hate crime because of it. I don't share his views, but I don't find them worthy of a criminal offence. If we are to promote free thought/speech/action, I personally expect that the contentious stuff is a hell of a lot further along the spectrum than this, like r v. brown ( wink trav). Also when sportsmen or women are interview, are we just wanting them to repeat back to us the accepted position on a topic? I'd much prefer my sporting stars to have their own opinions, however leftfield, as opposed to the highly pr polished machines of beckham or buffoonery of frank bruno etc. I've got more of an issue with the supposed impartial clive myrie calling him a 'dickhead' tbh.

tHE FACT THE POLICE ARE INVESTIGATING IS LAUGHABLE AND MORE a reflection on those that filed the offence in the first place.  Fury is a bit thick and obviously has strong held beliefs impacted by his upbringing and the culture of those within his social circle / society.  Has he said homosexuals should be shot?  Has he said men should force themselves on women?  If so,  maybe there's an issue but I haven't seen anything like this in what I've read

The man's not clever,  not a politician,  clearly had no PR training - the media are lining him up for sound bites and he and 'his people' are falling hook,  line,  and sinker for it

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Boxing

Misura wrote:

Everyone is after fury at the moment. I think it's an interesting situation, and touches upon freedom of religion & expression & thought, things which are protected/covered by human rights legislation. I've not seen the full transcript, so I don't know whether he was specifically asked of his views or whether he was just sounding off, but from the highlighted comments, they appear to be in line with conservative Christian values, and I suspect held in common with a lot of fellow Catholics. He's not calling on anyone to violent action against either persons or property. He's under investigation from GMP regarding an alleged hate crime because of it. I don't share his views, but I don't find them worthy of a criminal offence. If we are to promote free thought/speech/action, I personally expect that the contentious stuff is a hell of a lot further along the spectrum than this, like r v. brown ( wink trav). Also when sportsmen or women are interview, are we just wanting them to repeat back to us the accepted position on a topic? I'd much prefer my sporting stars to have their own opinions, however leftfield, as opposed to the highly pr polished machines of beckham or buffoonery of frank bruno etc. I've got more of an issue with the supposed impartial clive myrie calling him a 'dickhead' tbh.

Yep.  LaLa land media arsehole.  I hate it when the media decide they want to go for someone, it's ugly. 

Fury is a big silly bastard and Hennesey might do well to get him some smart PR if only to hit back with the right tools.   In the meantime he should store it up and take it out on Klitchko to prove everyone wrong.......again.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Boxing

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Fury stripped of IBF belt after only two weeks because Klitchko has invoked rematch clause.  alphabet game politics.  Now there will be another "champion" who no one will have heard of.

Hope Fury makes the cunts come round to his house to collect the belt.

"We are The Fall"

Share

Re: Boxing

Young Marxist at Tescos wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Fury stripped of IBF belt after only two weeks because Klitchko has invoked rematch clause.  alphabet game politics.  Now there will be another "champion" who no one will have heard of.

Hope Fury makes the cunts come round to his house to collect the belt.

Plus they'd have to know where he towed the fucker first.  smile

I'm not religious at all and have a healthy distain for any of it in all honesty.  It's pretty obvious what it was and why it existed, "the meek shall inherit the earth", "27 virgins" etc. it's basically shut up and do as you're told and you will be rewarded when you die and the rich man is going to hell. 

Saying that it isn't Fury's somewhat arcane views that have turned Morecombe into a shithole full of drug addicts and dole wallers either.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Boxing

Easy target. Catholics are fair game. Can't imagine he'll loose any sleep over any of it. I still think he's a clown and a sub par boxer.

Share