Topic: Zapp Thai Street Food

Best lunch in Leeds. Great Thai food. Quick, tastes great, not expensive. Friendly staff. Well worth a visit

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Zapp Thai Street Food

Been, kids love it.  I like the old 1940's front doors for the lavs.  Odd glasses, cheap cans of pop and loads of flavour in the noodle broths.  Big thumbs up.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Where is it?

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Past Mojos at bottom of street.

No, I mean Thailand.

Harvest wrote:

No, I mean Thailand.

It's the way you tell 'em. .....

Bottom of grand arcade is it? Sort of over the road from Templar pub for oldsters.

It's fun shaped, run by Sukhothai Thai bunch from ChApple. Street food version and better for it. Can get bit busy and slow of service in weekend evenings when I went first few weeks it opened.

But have you tried Thai Aroy Dee over the road on Vicar Lane?  About £6.50 for two courses at lunch. Proper Thai food

onandoff wrote:

Bottom of grand arcade is it? Sort of over the road from Templar pub for oldsters.

It's fun shaped, run by Sukhothai Thai bunch from ChApple. Street food version and better for it. Can get bit busy and slow of service in weekend evenings when I went first few weeks it opened.

But have you tried Thai Aroy Dee over the road on Vicar Lane?  About £6.50 for two courses at lunch. Proper Thai food

Sukhothai used to have a place off Grove Lane in Headingley in one of those big old victorian monstrosities. It was superb. Going back a while now though. Got one just up the road now in downtown Alicante, run and cheffed by real Thaiers - very good indeed - a welcome break from tapas.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Djpekingman wrote:

Sukhothai used to have a place off Grove Lane in Headingley in one of those big old victorian monstrosities. It was superb.

Still going strong, but now moved to St Ann Road, same parade as Salvo's now.

Harvest wrote:

No, I mean Thailand.

Head for Bangladesh,through Myanmar then take a right at the lights just before Laos.

Keep going and Thailand is on the left,just behind the MacDonalds as you approach Chiang Mai.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Meant Tie-Rack.

Easy mistake to make I guess

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Djpekingman wrote:

Sukhothai used to have a place off Grove Lane in Headingley in one of those big old victorian monstrosities. It was superb

Must be over 15 years ago that I went there. Got mortally pissed and had a blazing row with my then girlfriend. Thanks for the memories.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Thai Cafe round the corner from the court was great for lunch. Cheap as chips (or rice) and quick.