Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Nice one

Some beach advice here:

http://beachloverdiary.com/2015/03/01/4 … n-riviera/

http://beachloverdiary.com/category/croatia/

Last edited by placidcasual (Wed 23 Dec 2015 2:37 pm)

This was fucking good, that's all I know..

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Sicily

http://roadsandkingdoms.com/2012/15-thi … to-sicily/

^  Good that.  Cheers.

Aim Low and miss...

So after going round the house and toying with Sicily, Thailand and Finland I'm going to Fuerteventura.

Had to compromise with the little one who wanted Banana Boats and a water park and we wanted an old town, bars and markets.

Going to Correlejo.

I'm sure it is going to be Daves English Disco Pub tastic.

Aim Low and miss...

Booked Sicily for third straight year. Ortigia. Some might say boring and predictable, I'd say: beautiful food, wine, weather, scenery, friendly interesting people, and, I've said it before, well cheap compare to many much lesser Euro hotspots. Superb seafood, excellent crisp dry white watching the sunk sink in an impossibly beautiful spot from a restaurant terrace in the old town? 25 euros a head. Grazie.

Sounds great Flash.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Aye - sounds mint.  I WILL go next year...

Aim Low and miss...

Some might say boring and predictable

If you've found somewhere you love why waste time rolling the dice? Sounds ace Flash.

Danpies went to Corralejo about 11 years ago. Main drag was full of all in English breakfasts etc etc.

Round the corner near the harbour there was proper restaurants selling fish and stuff. Spent all the time there one little bar sold the biggest G&T's in the estern world.

Get down the coast a bit and there were some ace beaches.

Sure its changed a bit like.

Ive been to Corralejo loads. Its cheesey on the main drag and in the town itself but we werent there for Artisan food, crafts and the like. Winter sun was the main attraction for us.

There are some great places to eat and drink in the town. And the beaches are superb.

Las Lagos is great, the shack on the beach does top Paella washed down with a few beers in the sun can't be beaten. The sea can be a bit rough there but sometimes the sea leaves a lagoon for kids to play in. I had an "incident" there once on the rocks.

I particuarly like the look of Fuerteventura its arrid, rugged and devoid of trees or greenery but has a specific charm and beauty. Take the coast road out of Corralejo on a morning at sunrise and see the surfers chasing the right wave. Its stunning. Blue red sky combined with crashing waves, volcanic rock.

Lajres is pretty cool. Between Corra and Las Lagos its a surf village with some nice bars and cafes that arent trying too hard.

Los Lobos is worth a visit also.

Last edited by placidcasual (Tue 09 Feb 2016 6:56 pm)

Cheers OM and PC.

I'm under no illusion that this is a bit Full English but I can hunt something decent out.  Never really fancied kite surfing and the like but I like kayaking and snorkelling and found some of that.

Cheers chaps.

Aim Low and miss...

Where do you fly from to Scicily?

Depends where you start off from.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

placidcasual wrote:

Where do you fly from to Scicily?

We went from Manc.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Djpekingman wrote:

Depends where you start off from.

Tish Tish boom

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Not stalking NNC but doing same thing. £750 for flights from Leeds to Treviso.

Same question as Placid but where do you fly into ? Catania or Palermo ? As in which has better options once you land ?
Heading for a 5 day break mid June

Take off hosers ...

Same question as Placid but where do you fly into ? Catania or Palermo ? As in which has better options once you land ?
Heading for a 5 day break mid June

Take off hosers ...

placidcasual wrote:

Not stalking NNC but doing same thing. £750 for flights from Leeds to Treviso.

Nice one Placid, where you staying in Istria?  We're doing Camping Lanterna near Porec late July/early August. 

NNC Jr tells me at least once a week he's "buzzin' for Croatia".  I'm counting the days myself.....

Got a few nights in Slovenia middle of nowhere in between Bled and the coast. Then a week in Banjole in an apartment.

You lad will love this, Slovenian Irn Bru.

https://ekpadventures.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/cockta.jpg

I'll be on this:

https://framefanatic.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/img_6694_ps_wm.jpg?w=1200

For Ortigia (which is just the old part of Siracusa) we fly into Catania then a forty minute easy drive down. Car hire at the airport the only consistently draggy bit of the whole thing, proper pain, takes ages, multiple form filling etc. but once you are out it is plain sailing. Oh, you could in fact get a bus from Catania to Ortigia, they go from right outside the airport. Or taxi, natch. And if you want mint beaches just go a further 20 mins down the coast and choose from a load of excellent lido with all you need along a stretch of coast I think is called Fontana Biancha

Got back from Corellejo a few weeks ago.

In all honesty - I thought it was shit in the main.

The strip was just what I expected.

The old town was OK.

I did however enjoy flag beach and the beach at El Costilo where me and the lad did some snorkelling.

Food wise - found an ace bar in the harbour that was bang on and closer to my apartment I found a proper Spanish bar that had chilled mugs of Dorada and great legs of Ham hanging of the ceiling.  The tapas there was fucking brilliant.

In the main though there was just not enough to do for me.

Aim Low and miss...

Sorry to hear that Dan. Ive got an affection for the place had some good hols there in Feb. Its a lot quieter then. Used to love sticking my walkman on and go cycling up round the old vocannoes round the back of Corra.

I like the old beat characters handing out flyers on the main drag. Best tramp tans Ive ever seen. Always seem to be mancs.

The tat shops there are on a different planet those moody electrical ones. Loads of same at playa blanca.

Just flying back from Paros.

Beautiful place. One island down from Mykanos without the clubs are Russian prostitutes.

Great little harbour with enough goinng on without it being dull.

The water is crystal clear.

You've got to get a ferry or fly from Athens but it's worth it.