Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Just back from a week in Saundersfoot in Prembrokeshire - had a cracking week,  loved it

Definitely recommended if you want a UK holiday especially if you have young uns

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Just back from a week in Saundersfoot in Prembrokeshire - had a cracking week,  loved it

Definitely recommended if you want a UK holiday especially if you have young uns

Used to go there when I was a nipper. That and Tenby. Enjoyed it.

Just got back from a fantastic week in Keswick. Sunny for 5 days, yes, 5 whole days! Raining again now, of course.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

90Piesanhour wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Just back from a week in Saundersfoot in Prembrokeshire - had a cracking week,  loved it

Definitely recommended if you want a UK holiday especially if you have young uns

Used to go there when I was a nipper. That and Tenby. Enjoyed it.

Just got back from a fantastic week in Keswick. Sunny for 5 days, yes, 5 whole days! Raining again now, of course.

Dry, now.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

placidcasual wrote:

Sorry to hear that Dan. Ive got an affection for the place had some good hols there in Feb. Its a lot quieter then. Used to love sticking my walkman on and go cycling up round the old vocannoes round the back of Corra.

I like the old beat characters handing out flyers on the main drag. Best tramp tans Ive ever seen. Always seem to be mancs.

The tat shops there are on a different planet those moody electrical ones. Loads of same at playa blanca.

Maybe I'm being harsh.  I think I'm just over that sort of holiday.

I did enjoy El Cotillo.  I had a wander off when we were waiting for the bus.  It really is Spaghetti Western country isn't it.  Essentially a desert.  The surf beach there was also fucking awesome.

Aim Low and miss...

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Posting from Campeaux in Calvados.  Fucking roasting and I'm half cut on Pastis.   Vive la revolution.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

In Calvados and drinking Pastis?!

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

placidcasual wrote:

In Calvados and drinking Pastis?!

Cornish ones?

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

placidcasual wrote:

In Calvados and drinking Pastis?!


Yeah.  I'm off to a place to get the good stuff so holding off on the anyold.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Anyone booked already?

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Mrs talking about Gran Canaria,  me talking about Hauts.  Is Gran Canaria hot in June?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

placidcasual wrote:

Anyone booked already?

Santa Barbara de nexe for 3 weeks in the summer

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Carvoeiro, Algarve for a week in August

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Odd Job wrote:

Carvoeiro, Algarve for a week in August

Lovely spot that.
Heading for Alvor on the Algarve for 2 weeks in July.

Seems a light year away this morning.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Whitsun week in Kefelonia.  Taking my first and so far only grandson.

People are Twats

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Been looking last few weeks

Want somewhere for end of May (possibly Isle of Wight) and then somewhere for 10/11 days start of August.  Mrs wants a villa somewhere,  beach side,  private swimming pool,  air-con.......that sort of stuff........

My two keep on saying they've been to Spain and Portugal and want to go somewhere else.  Jesus,  I didn't go abroad til I was 18 and that was a paid for trip as part of my degree and i had to get on of those 1-year paper passports!?!

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Thinking of Black Forest. Anyone been?

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Odd Job wrote:

Carvoeiro, Algarve for a week in August

Love Carvoeiro OJ , stayed at monte carvoeiro and colina azul further up the road from monte c , sullys cave bar and our fav restaurant there is Maximes up the hill towards the fresh fish/fruit veg market .

Its the eastern algarve for me now not as built up and some of those villages/towns in land from the coast have lovely squares with bars tapas etc

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

hendersonjones wrote:
Odd Job wrote:

Carvoeiro, Algarve for a week in August

Love Carvoeiro OJ , stayed at monte carvoeiro and colina azul further up the road from monte c , sullys cave bar and our fav restaurant there is Maximes up the hill towards the fresh fish/fruit veg market .

Its the eastern algarve for me now not as built up and some of those villages/towns in land from the coast have lovely squares with bars tapas etc

Just booking 10/11 days here for August on the strength of previous recommendations!  Have a lovely villa booked for a week and then just see what else we can do for the next few days before heading back via faro

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:
Odd Job wrote:

Carvoeiro, Algarve for a week in August

Love Carvoeiro OJ , stayed at monte carvoeiro and colina azul further up the road from monte c , sullys cave bar and our fav restaurant there is Maximes up the hill towards the fresh fish/fruit veg market .

Its the eastern algarve for me now not as built up and some of those villages/towns in land from the coast have lovely squares with bars tapas etc

Just booking 10/11 days here for August on the strength of previous recommendations!  Have a lovely villa booked for a week and then just see what else we can do for the next few days before heading back via faro

Where abouts is the villa that you've booked ? i can recommend monte carvoeiro theres a lovely square with bars and restaurants , during the summer in town theres a square at the beach theres usually free entertainment each evening here I've seen bands singers magicians fire eaters and a circus lovely atmosphere with the bars and restaurants surrounding the square

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

hendersonjones wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

Love Carvoeiro OJ , stayed at monte carvoeiro and colina azul further up the road from monte c , sullys cave bar and our fav restaurant there is Maximes up the hill towards the fresh fish/fruit veg market .

Its the eastern algarve for me now not as built up and some of those villages/towns in land from the coast have lovely squares with bars tapas etc

Just booking 10/11 days here for August on the strength of previous recommendations!  Have a lovely villa booked for a week and then just see what else we can do for the next few days before heading back via faro

Where abouts is the villa that you've booked ? i can recommend monte carvoeiro theres a lovely square with bars and restaurants , during the summer in town theres a square at the beach theres usually free entertainment each evening here I've seen bands singers magicians fire eaters and a circus lovely atmosphere with the bars and restaurants surrounding the square

Sounds good.  I've booked a villa just to the east of the R. Joao Paulo II on R dos Pescadores.  It's really nice although a little bit further from the beach than I'd usually go for but it does have a private pool.  Here's a link to it on TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationR … garve.html

Booked it for the week it's available.  We will look for some where else for 3 nights before flying back on the Tuesday

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Just booking 10/11 days here for August on the strength of previous recommendations!  Have a lovely villa booked for a week and then just see what else we can do for the next few days before heading back via faro

Where abouts is the villa that you've booked ? i can recommend monte carvoeiro theres a lovely square with bars and restaurants , during the summer in town theres a square at the beach theres usually free entertainment each evening here I've seen bands singers magicians fire eaters and a circus lovely atmosphere with the bars and restaurants surrounding the square

Sounds good.  I've booked a villa just to the east of the R. Joao Paulo II on R dos Pescadores.  It's really nice although a little bit further from the beach than I'd usually go for but it does have a private pool.  Here's a link to it on TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationR … garve.html

Booked it for the week it's available.  We will look for some where else for 3 nights before flying back on the Tuesday

Clicked on the link for that villa thats some pad , looks to be on the main road into carvoeiro theres a big intercontinental supermarket close for all your essentials , should be a nice little stroll into town which will take you straight into the square with the beach behind theres a taxi rank in the square to get back , from the square left takes you up restaurant hill too much to mention but the best is maximes (book) the fish fruit veg market is further up the hill , to the right from the square is bar called sullys nice place with a ice-cream parlour and crepe shop next door take the road up here to monte carvoeiro (nice walk) where there is a nice square with good restaurants and bars .
May i suggest the eastern algarve for you're 3 days go to Tavira , theres a ferry here takes 10mins costs 1euro (ferry every 15mins) and takes you to ilha de tavira 14km of beach theres beach bars and restaurants on the island .
Silves north of carvoeiro is a great day trip moorish town castle cobbled streets and tapas

Forgot to mention if your looking for carhire try these https://www.algarvedriver.com/index.php I've used them for over 15 years with no problems and there based at faro airport carpark which at the moment is a good thing because the airport is having an expansion to make it three times larger at the moment , they accept cash euros when you pick the car up for a discount theres a 15euro charge for the transponder if you use the A22 toll road .

Last edited by hendersonjones (Fri 06 Jan 2017 10:29 am)

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

hendersonjones wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

Where abouts is the villa that you've booked ? i can recommend monte carvoeiro theres a lovely square with bars and restaurants , during the summer in town theres a square at the beach theres usually free entertainment each evening here I've seen bands singers magicians fire eaters and a circus lovely atmosphere with the bars and restaurants surrounding the square

Sounds good.  I've booked a villa just to the east of the R. Joao Paulo II on R dos Pescadores.  It's really nice although a little bit further from the beach than I'd usually go for but it does have a private pool.  Here's a link to it on TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationR … garve.html

Booked it for the week it's available.  We will look for some where else for 3 nights before flying back on the Tuesday

Clicked on the link for that villa thats some pad , looks to be on the main road into carvoeiro theres a big intercontinental supermarket close for all your essentials , should be a nice little stroll into town which will take you straight into the square with the beach behind theres a taxi rank in the square to get back , from the square left takes you up restaurant hill too much to mention but the best is maximes (book) the fish fruit veg market is further up the hill , to the right from the square is bar called sullys nice place with a ice-cream parlour and crepe shop next door take the road up here to monte carvoeiro (nice walk) where there is a nice square with good restaurants and bars .
May i suggest the eastern algarve for you're 3 days go to Tavira , theres a ferry here takes 10mins costs 1euro (ferry every 15mins) and takes you to ilha de tavira 14km of beach theres beach bars and restaurants on the island .
Silves north of carvoeiro is a great day trip moorish town castle cobbled streets and tapas

Cheers HJ - some good knowledge there

I've been to Tavira a few times - lovely spot as you say

Also thinking about somewhere along the Rio Formosa,  some great little Casas there although struggling to find something that suits me and the Mrs with the two boys (we are allergic to sharing a bedroom with them!)

Thanks again

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

I shall be up in the hills looking down to the coast here https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p532563#calendar

Try fuzeta theres ferrys here also to the opposite end of the ria formosa , more traditional fishermans cottages and apartments to rent here

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

hendersonjones wrote:

I shall be up in the hills looking down to the coast here https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p532563#calendar

Try fuzeta theres ferrys here also to the opposite end of the ria formosa , more traditional fishermans cottages and apartments to rent here

Lovely spot that - I see myself somewhere similar in a few years when the boys are a little older and don't need to be on the beach every second of the day.......

Will look at Fuzeta,  cheers

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

I shall be up in the hills looking down to the coast here https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p532563#calendar

Try fuzeta theres ferrys here also to the opposite end of the ria formosa , more traditional fishermans cottages and apartments to rent here

Lovely spot that - I see myself somewhere similar in a few years when the boys are a little older and don't need to be on the beach every second of the day.......

Will look at Fuzeta,  cheers

Just inland is moncarapacho great typical portugese town lovely square (again) with bars restaurants tapas , we stayed here in october https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/renta … ho/5256140

Likewise Fuzeta is a firm favourite with me and the wife

Last edited by hendersonjones (Fri 06 Jan 2017 10:50 am)

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Share