Re: Summer Holiday 2017

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Off to some place called Malgrat on Friday for a week.  Pool, kids, beach, San Miquel, sangria.  It''ll do, not my choice but hey ho.

I recently got back from similar, place called Sablinias.  I had a thoroughly good time.  Traveled about a bit.  went to Malaga.  Hugely impressed and want to have a long weekend there.  Ronda - amazing if a little touristy.  The bullring was a real eye opener, Estepona down the road and the real gem was this little Spanish bar down the road.  All tapas, no menus or English.  Brilliant.

I also went to the beach a lot - which I never do.  Loved it.  Had all the gear - parasols, those low chairs, chilly bins and big fuck off beach towels.  Ace.

Last edited by danpiesley (Tue 20 Jun 2017 9:28 am)

Aim Low and miss...

Booked to go here in August https://www.lagranduquesa.com  with  a load of  mates/wives/kids and yours truly as the loose cannon

CBIT wrote:

Booked to go here in August https://www.lagranduquesa.com  with  a load of  mates/wives/kids and yours truly as the loose cannon

Horsforth/Cookridge massive?

yep

Me and her indoors just back from an afternoon session in a beachside bar on the Algarve .17 beers (Sagres),1 gin and tonic and 1 cheese and ham toastie..  22 Euros!
Power snooze and then we have a table booked for 9 at a swanky fish restaurant by the harbour.
Fucking love this place.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Me and her indoors just back from an afternoon session in a beachside bar on the Algarve .17 beers (Sagres),1 gin and tonic and 1 cheese and ham toastie..  22 Euros!
Power snooze and then we have a table booked for 9 at a swanky fish restaurant by the harbour.
Fucking love this place.

22 euros you've been overcharged where are you

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

hendersonjones wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Fucking love this place.

22 euros you've been overcharged where are you

That included a tip!
Alvor by the way.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Just had 9 nights in Newport, Pembrokeshire . Nice coastal path walks , sandy beach you can drive onto. Near town there are stone coves with kayak hire . 4 pubs , one does take away currys. Few cafes one does good pizzas. First time we'd been there , little gem of a place . Will be back.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Wales is ace.

Friend of ours had a caravan between Llanbedrog and Pwllheli. Sold it a month ago, gutted.

I've had two years of ace weekends knocking around the Llŷn peninsula with the dog and wife.

Really gutted...

I'm off camping next week. Never been before, unless you count Glastonbury. I'm already looking forward to coming home.

Wife is wanting to buy a touring caravan.  Me and the kids have all told her that the fantastic caravan holidays we've had in the past are a figment of her imagination and they were in fact week long torture for us lot, sitting in a tin box being fuxking miserable while she deluded herself that we were having fun.  We want Ibiza, not Skegness.

As far as I'm concerned the only thing that could make a caravan holiday worse is having to drag your own caravan across the country and back to have one.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

^^^  Ha Ha Ha - I have a tourer permanently pitched in a place called Wentnor in shropshire.

Again wife wanted touring van and I refused so comprised was reached on pitching it.  It costs us 118 a month over 12 months so it is not bad considering storing a van over winter is approx. 600.  We leave it there 12 months a year and can go from March 31st to Nov 1st.

We have had it four years now and I am not afraid to say I thoroughly enjoy it.
Generaly lots going on down there - festivals, fetes, markets, flicks in the sticks, stone skimming championships, beer festivals and the like.  The pubs nearby are ace, Shrewsbury is 20 mins away for civilisation and the walking is brilliant.

Don't get me wrong - i'd not do a week there but long weekends and midweek breaks are great.

I still need the Costas and guaranteed sun though for me main holidays.

Last edited by danpiesley (Tue 08 Aug 2017 1:08 pm)

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

^^^  Ha Ha Ha - I have a tourer permanently pitched in a place called Wentnor in shropshire.

Again wife wanted touring van and I refused so comprised was reached on pitching it.  It costs us 118 a month over 12 months so it is not bad considering storing a van over winter is approx. 600.  We leave it there 12 months a year and can go from March 31st to Nov 1st.

We have had it four years now and I am not afraid to say I thoroughly enjoy it.
Generaly lots going on down there - festivals, fetes, markets, flicks in the sticks, stone skimming championships, beer festivals and the like.  The pubs nearby are ace, Shrewsbury is 20 mins away for civilisation and the walking is brilliant.

Don't get me wrong - i'd not do a week there but long weekends and midweek breaks are great.

I still need the Costas and guaranteed sun though for me main holidays.

Is it all wife swapping and drug sex, like they said in The Inbetweeners?  Or just pissing in a bucket and basic cuisine like I imagine?

I've had a tourer 14 years now . Dragged it all over Wales, England and Ireland, only been to Moffat in Scotland ( misses thinks Scotland is full of midges). Currently in devils bridge near Aberystwyth.
Never been offered a swap for the wife , but I keep taking her .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Looking for a cheapish package holiday somewhere Mediterranean, mid-September. Can't find much with the usual tour operators, any suggestions? A quiet-ish place,  like. Danke.

Last edited by CharlieG (Wed 30 Aug 2017 7:21 pm)

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

CharlieG wrote:

Looking for a cheapish package holiday somewhere Mediterranean, mid-September. Can't find much with the usual tour operators, any suggestions? A quiet-ish place,  like. Danke.

Have you tried holidaypirates.com or similar?

CBIT wrote:

First night there agreed to letting the kids dye me hair, currently rocking hooky a la monaco look, scary thing is everyone says it suits me yikes

Place was ace, just shabby enough to let the kids run riot and big enough to escape them when they started to become annoying. Hardly left the place all week other than to go food/booze shopping

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20799416_10154995974578042_2643743154314018268_n.jpg?oh=bf65100b3a75385f913150842cb8f30a&oe=5A16597C