Re: Toronto cont...

You hung out with Richie then

Take off hosers ...

Toronto type people/visitors. This is a request from a young lady friend of mine. She said she'd tried Google, I said you need OMJ. Apparently she's not heard of that. Weird. Help her out please.

I basically just want to know if I can get to all the tourist places by subway/metro or do I need to rent a car, looking at the Chelsea hotel and most important venue to reach is the air Canada centre.

Online some review sites say that the transport is a bit hit and miss so I don’t know if people tend to drive more.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

Toronto type people/visitors. This is a request from a young lady friend of mine. She said she'd tried Google, I said you need OMJ. Apparently she's not heard of that. Weird. Help her out please.

I basically just want to know if I can get to all the tourist places by subway/metro or do I need to rent a car, looking at the Chelsea hotel and most important venue to reach is the air Canada centre.

Online some review sites say that the transport is a bit hit and miss so I don’t know if people tend to drive more.

soon to be the Scotia Bank Arena ...
No need to rent a car. walk or subway you can see all of Toronto's 4 tourist attractions big_smile
Chelsea Hotel, dont know it but gets a poor Trip Advisor. The Hilton is good as is the Renaissance as you can book a room that overlooks the baseball field ...

any other questions ask Misura, he knows more than I do

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Thu 31 Aug 2017 1:10 am)

Take off hosers ...

Cheers Ted.

How old is she? When is she going? What is she going for? Is she alone/with someone? How long is she staying for? Is see relatively mobile?

Last edited by Misura (Thu 31 Aug 2017 11:23 am)

What is the difference between pop and rock n' roll? You might get fucked.

20s/30s?
Before Christmas
Holiday I assume
Couple
Don't know - 1 or 2 weeks.
Yes

Obviously this is all subject to ratification/agreement by TT.........

but If she's not already booked the Chelsea Hotel, i would suggest looking on booking.com and seeing what's available on the corner of Blue Jays Way & Front St West. There are a few good apartments for rent which are better value for money than hotels and you can self cater. A couple of 24/7's down there for food. This area is safe and good because it's walkable from the union trainstation (train from airport stops here). Union is also on the metro. It's also walkable to the rogers centre, air canada and cn tower. It's also walkable to the lakeside. The tram system basicall run north/south & east/west. From BJW you can walk to spadina avenue, which is the main north/south run, which gives easy access to queen st, king st and dundass, which offers easy walking to plenty of stuff. TT's empire is situate off queen st at it's west end, and it's pretty cool for cats up there. Has a strong camden/northern quarter/hockley vibe. At this end of Spadina is toronto's china town and Kensington markets, again cool.

The city airport is a short taxi/long walk and from there she can go on flight to niagra/sight seeing.

St. Lawrence market is pretty cool and is on the east end of Front street and walkable from BJW.

The Eaton Center is also walkable, and this is the large indoor shoppig centre.

December can be nippy, but not blistering cold and walking about shouldn't be a problem. The temp is usually just below/above frezzing.

Anywhere else, then catch a taxi.

Last edited by Misura (Thu 31 Aug 2017 11:52 am)

The xmas market is located in the distillary district and runs from mid november and is located 3km from my suggetsed location.

Cheers for all that - passed on.

Pleasure. I'm hopefully back there myself 1st week of december for a week of fun & revelry. TBC.

Told you,  he knows way more than me.

1st week of December, just in time for the sales wink

If they're a bit 'trendy' they may want to opt for the Drake on our manor... near all the bars, restaurants etc.
Expedia I've found always comes up trumps on pricing

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Thu 31 Aug 2017 8:16 pm)

Take off hosers ...

Going for a raptors, maple leafs, mogwai, LCD SS, quadruple header.

are mogwai any good ? never listened to anything by them.

Nowhere near as good as Canned Heat

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Go see the Marlies, cheaper and way more fun

Take off hosers ...

CBIT wrote:

are mogwai any good ? never listened to anything by them.

Well you're in luck CBIT, they are playing that there festival no. 6, that youse is going to. smile

TT, I bet the weather is fucking acemans at the moment!? Snow and minus 30 wind chill.  50 yr record broke pre xmas minus 21 without windchill.

Its fucking FREEZING ! Snow has subsided but due to come back this weekend.
Im in the city, xmas sales and all that but Mrs TT and the little lad are up north where its colder but enjoying it ... he's out doing his first ski lessons and loving it
Government warnings on the radio of frostbite and pneumonia ....

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

Its fucking FREEZING ! Snow has subsided but due to come back this weekend.
Im in the city, xmas sales and all that but Mrs TT and the little lad are up north where its colder but enjoying it ... he's out doing his first ski lessons and loving it
Government warnings on the radio of frostbite and pneumonia ....

Open a shop in key west or sommat.

Full of overweight, white, republican americans. One week in a year in Naples is plenty

Placid, we have a plan big_smile

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Fri 29 Dec 2017 12:31 am)

Take off hosers ...