Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Narrow Remain majority.
Dave gets ousted by the right.
General election called.
Minority Tory govt in coalition with UKIP.
Corbyn binned.
Then............

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

CharlieG wrote:

Narrow Remain majority.
General election called.
Corbyn binned.
Then............

Coalition with UKIP?  Think they will get more than 1 seat?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
CharlieG wrote:

Narrow Remain majority.
General election called.
Corbyn binned.
Then............

Afraid so. The great unwashed will see a narrow defeat as  a great victory for Nasty Nige and turn out en masse for him........the cunt.

Last edited by CharlieG (Thu 23 Jun 2016 11:36 am)

CharlieG wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
CharlieG wrote:

Narrow Remain majority.
General election called.
Corbyn binned.
Then............

Afraid so. The great unwashed will see a narrow defeat as  a great victory for Nasty Nige and turn out en masse for him........the cunt.

Don't engage with people on policy or debate, just insult anyone who doesn't vote the way you want.  That's precisely why Nasty Nige has got such a following.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:
CharlieG wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Don't engage with people on policy or debate, just insult anyone who doesn't vote the way you want.  That's precisely why Nasty Nige has got such a following.

So you're saying that folk that vote UKIP are, in any way, sane and rational? Fair enough but I'm not so sure. I would wager that the majority base their decisions on bigotry and sound bites but hey ho....

CharlieG wrote:

Narrow Remain majority.
General election called.
Corbyn binned.
Then............

can I amend this?

Narrow Remain majority
Dave ousted by the right
General Election called
Minority Lab gov in coalition with SNP
Corbyn national hero

Aim Low and miss...

CharlieG wrote:
space wrote:
CharlieG wrote:

So you're saying that folk that vote UKIP are, in any way, sane and rational? Fair enough but I'm not so sure. I would wager that the majority base their decisions on bigotry and sound bites but hey ho....

And there it is again.  You can't stop yourself.  If they don't agree with you then they're evil because only people who vote the same as you have any opinions that matter.

By refusing to accept that people with opposing views to yours have any logical arguements you leave them in the hands of the likees of Farage.  That is why this vote is happening.  Anyone showing any concerns is pointed at and called stupid or racist.

Do you remember where you were when you heard the voice that told you that you were the chosen one?

CharlieG wrote:
space wrote:
CharlieG wrote:

I'd have to agree with Spaced here CharlieG - dangerous territory indeed grouping them all together as nutters and racists,  Marginalising a whole section of the electorate isn't they way to "educate" them - far from it.

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
CharlieG wrote:
space wrote:

I'd have to agree with Spaced here CharlieG - dangerous territory indeed grouping them all together as nutters and racists,  Marginalising a whole section of the electorate isn't they way to "educate" them - far from it.

As I said, fair do's, point taken. They still worry me, though.

space wrote:
CharlieG wrote:
space wrote:

And there it is again.  You can't stop yourself.  If they don't agree with you then they're evil because only people who vote the same as you have any opinions that matter.

By refusing to accept that people with opposing views to yours have any logical arguements you leave them in the hands of the likees of Farage.  That is why this vote is happening.  Anyone showing any concerns is pointed at and called stupid or racist.

Do you remember where you were when you heard the voice that told you that you were the chosen one?

Like space said. Apart from anything else it's lazy.

There are undoubtably racists in UKIP, as there are in the Conservative party and shock horror the Labour party. It is bollocks of the first fucking order to pretend otherwise. UKIPs popularity currently is in my humble opinion  due to the patrician we know whats best for you attitude of both the Labour party and the Conservatives.Frankly if I were to describe Corbyn as a communist, a fellow traveler of the USSR and a terrorist sympathiser, he might protest but he could not successfully sue. Were he to call me a racist I could successfully sue him. Racism is a vile charge to lay at anybody's door and you should be sure of your ground before you make it. Most of these people who are keening to UKIP are doing so because they feel let down by the major parties. I am not a UKIP supporter / member and nor am I a racist, I should not have to state that merely for believing the EU to be a bloated Keynesian bureaucracy interested primarily in its own self perpetuation.

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

space wrote:
CharlieG wrote:
space wrote:

Hahaha.  *holds hands up* OK, I accept what you say. Maybe I'm being reactionary. The few folk that I've tried to engage, however, have fallen into the stereotype, worryingly.

This is just getting freaky.

The only Scottish person I know who actually voted in the Scottish referendum has voted for Brexit.  He's a true Scottish Nationalist.  So he voted to separate from Britain.  But now he's voted to leave the EU.  And it's not to force another independance vote either.

He says that if he can;t be independant and part of the EU then he'd rather be part of a Britain away from the EU.

I honestly don't get the logic.

(P.S.  Yes he is a racist as long you count hatred of the English as bigotry)

CharlieG wrote:
space wrote:
CharlieG wrote:

Hahaha.  *holds hands up* OK, I accept what you say. Maybe I'm being reactionary. The few folk that I've tried to engage, however, have fallen into the stereotype, worryingly.

I've unfriended half my facebook list over all this cobblers.

So at least some good has come out of it.

It's a relief it's nearly done one way or the other - a welcome end to the bickering and name calling (I'm talking about the politicians / media and not here!)

Voted.

This is looking very, very close.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Telegraph predicting a win for Brexit

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

All gone very quiet, has Gove had you all interned already?

Prediction now says out. Oh dear !!-

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

Well fuck me. Farage pulls it out the bag.

The people speak....

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Loose Lips wrote:

Well fuck me. Farage pulls it out the bag.

And so the Guardianista continue to misunderstand.

Farage was never in charge of this.  He was stood in front of it as no one else would risk being called a racist due to the playground name calling.

I understand plenty mate.

Good luck.

So we're  all going to  die? I'm  not as horrified  as I thought I'd  be, to be honest. Going to b e an interesting  few months. ....hang on,  sounds like  someone's  kicking the front door  i.............

CharlieG wrote:

So we're  all going to  die? I'm  not as horrified  as I thought I'd  be, to be honest. Going to b e an interesting  few months. ....hang on,  sounds like  someone's  kicking the front door  i.............

big_smile