Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Well said indeed Travis ^

Paul Mason summed it up on QT last week- the EU is corrupt, bloated, horrible.  But all we're seeing now is an internal war between interested Tory party big shots.

Should be some seismic political shifts, post-vote, whichever way it goes.

"We are The Fall"

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

If the UK leaves, the Eurozone project will surely fall apart and that could set off an economic chain of events that would make 2008 look like a market ripple. This is what Brussels, the IMF and the US are REALLY worried about, they don't give a fuck about the UK economy, only their own. Its the straw that may very well break the donkey's back.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

seems to me if leaving upsets the EU the IMF and the Septics all at the same time it's probably a good thing

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Or we could negotiate. for concessions like. Tell 'em we'll stay in if the boot France out, after all the cunts left Nato in the 60s.

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Ever the voice of reason. You  Boris Johnson and I claim my 5 english pounds. Although they won't be worth fuck all very soon.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Mitaman wrote:

If the UK leaves, the Eurozone project will surely fall apart and that could set off an economic chain of events that would make 2008 look like a market ripple. This is what Brussels, the IMF and the US are REALLY worried about, they don't give a fuck about the UK economy, only their own. Its the straw that may very well break the donkey's back.

If the EU fails (essentially an agreement to do certain things as a group) why would that "set off an economic chain of events that would make 2008 look like a market ripple"? 

I've wanted to be convinced by Remain but their arguments are piss poor......infantile even.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Fri 27 May 2016 4:11 pm)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

I'm getting a bit bored of the "If you vote to leave then Thatcher will bring back slavery" thing.

People are Twats

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

space wrote:

I'm getting a bit bored of the "If you vote to leave then Thatcher will bring back slavery" thing.



Same here.  They have a tiny majority and will be split down the middle after the vote.  New alliances are being forged.  Lines have blurred, loyalties have been broken.  Cameron is fucked either way as his campaign has been extremely poor.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

If the UK leaves, the Eurozone project will surely fall apart and that could set off an economic chain of events that would make 2008 look like a market ripple. This is what Brussels, the IMF and the US are REALLY worried about, they don't give a fuck about the UK economy, only their own. Its the straw that may very well break the donkey's back.

If the EU fails (essentially an agreement to do certain things as a group) why would that "set off an economic chain of events that would make 2008 look like a market ripple"? 

I've wanted to be convinced by Remain but their arguments are piss poor......infantile even.

They're not that poor when they're backed up by every economist, every major financial organisation , business and heads of government. Whereas Brexit have not come up with one credible number and dismiss every remain argument as 'scaremongering' in amongst their own ridiculous arguments like 13 million turks will come battering down the gates at eurotunnel  when they get to join the eu, which will never happen in our lifetime - the EU won't even talk to them re accession while ever Erdogan is in charge and taking turkey back to the dark ages. But good luck if you leave - you'll need it - and don't all becoming to europe looking for jobs a la Auf Wiedersein Pet. That'll be me finished with the UK for good. The cunts won't even let me vote despite my having a british passport and an NI number.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

On the one hand I don't want us to be separate from the EU, but on the other hand I think it's an out of control monster.

If we knew where the bus was heading at the beginning, would we have got on it?

People are Twats

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

space wrote:

On the one hand I don't want us to be separate from the EU, but on the other hand I think it's an out of control monster.

If we knew where the bus was heading at the beginning, would we have got on it?

Better to stay in and lobby for change than to be out and watch the world economy disintegrate. I think its a recognised fact amongst the senior nations that a level of reform is required. Working together is far better than divisive and sectarian policies and attitudes.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Djpekingman wrote:

[ The cunts won't even let me vote despite my having a british passport and an NI number.

Fuck me, too right - why should you get a vote when your domicile is Spain?

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

CBIT wrote:
Djpekingman wrote:

[ The cunts won't even let me vote despite my having a british passport and an NI number.

Fuck me, too right - why should you get a vote when your domicile is Spain?

Because I'm 'bloody british' old bean, bloody british.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

You might well be, but still you live over there. You should be able to vote in the spanish elections n stuff if you live there. Does everyone in british overseas territories get to vote in it then? (cba to google on friday afternoon)

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

CBIT wrote:

You might well be, but still you live over there. You should be able to vote in the spanish elections n stuff if you live there. Does everyone in british overseas territories get to vote in it then? (cba to google on friday afternoon)

Everybody with a british passport and an NHS number that has been registered to vote in the past 15 years. That could probably rule out a lot in the UK as well. Scandalous.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Djpekingman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

If the UK leaves, the Eurozone project will surely fall apart and that could set off an economic chain of events that would make 2008 look like a market ripple. This is what Brussels, the IMF and the US are REALLY worried about, they don't give a fuck about the UK economy, only their own. Its the straw that may very well break the donkey's back.

If the EU fails (essentially an agreement to do certain things as a group) why would that "set off an economic chain of events that would make 2008 look like a market ripple"? 

I've wanted to be convinced by Remain but their arguments are piss poor......infantile even.

They're not that poor when they're backed up by every economist, every major financial organisation , business and heads of government. Whereas Brexit have not come up with one credible number and dismiss every remain argument as 'scaremongering' in amongst their own ridiculous arguments like 13 million turks will come battering down the gates at eurotunnel  when they get to join the eu, which will never happen in our lifetime - the EU won't even talk to them re accession while ever Erdogan is in charge and taking turkey back to the dark ages. But good luck if you leave - you'll need it - and don't all becoming to europe looking for jobs a la Auf Wiedersein Pet. That'll be me finished with the UK for good. The cunts won't even let me vote despite my having a british passport and an NI number.

What??

How much tax and NI contributions did you pay this year then?

With the greatest respect,don't worry about the Turks,we''ll keep you posted should it not be scaremongering.
You open another bottle of San Miguel and take a chill pill.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Djpekingman wrote:
space wrote:

On the one hand I don't want us to be separate from the EU, but on the other hand I think it's an out of control monster.

If we knew where the bus was heading at the beginning, would we have got on it?

Better to stay in and lobby for change than to be out and watch the world economy disintegrate. I think its a recognised fact amongst the senior nations that a level of reform is required. Working together is far better than divisive and sectarian policies and attitudes.

How long should you stay in the cart when it's careering downhill and a wheels come off?  More and more states are joining and there none of them are going to bring any averages up.  It's all down hill from here.  And I reckon the French will be a few years behind us.  Look at the rioting going on there now.  Even the Gauls are rebelling against the European dream and it was their fucking idea.


Editted to say...  I'll change my mind by tomorrow next time I see a picture of Boris and decide I can't be on the same side as him.

Last edited by space (Fri 27 May 2016 10:27 pm)

People are Twats

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Here you go SCD...his cum face!

http://www.leftfutures.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Boris-Johnson-with-EU-UK-Flags.jpg

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Djpekingman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

If the UK leaves, the Eurozone project will surely fall apart and that could set off an economic chain of events that would make 2008 look like a market ripple. This is what Brussels, the IMF and the US are REALLY worried about, they don't give a fuck about the UK economy, only their own. Its the straw that may very well break the donkey's back.

If the EU fails (essentially an agreement to do certain things as a group) why would that "set off an economic chain of events that would make 2008 look like a market ripple"? 

I've wanted to be convinced by Remain but their arguments are piss poor......infantile even.

They're not that poor when they're backed up by every economist, every major financial organisation , business and heads of government. Whereas Brexit have not come up with one credible number and dismiss every remain argument as 'scaremongering' in amongst their own ridiculous arguments like 13 million turks will come battering down the gates at eurotunnel  when they get to join the eu, which will never happen in our lifetime - the EU won't even talk to them re accession while ever Erdogan is in charge and taking turkey back to the dark ages. But good luck if you leave - you'll need it - and don't all becoming to europe looking for jobs a la Auf Wiedersein Pet. That'll be me finished with the UK for good. The cunts won't even let me vote despite my having a british passport and an NI number.

I didn't say I agreed with any Brexit propaganda though did I?  All the stuff you mention from major financial institutions is propaganda based on a biased premise.  The status quo suits them. 

I think we have a fair chance of a decent government in 2020 and I don't like the idea that we can't vote Commissioners out, it's like a dictatorship.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Djpekingman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

If the EU fails (essentially an agreement to do certain things as a group) why would that "set off an economic chain of events that would make 2008 look like a market ripple"? 

I've wanted to be convinced by Remain but their arguments are piss poor......infantile even.

They're not that poor when they're backed up by every economist, every major financial organisation , business and heads of government. Whereas Brexit have not come up with one credible number and dismiss every remain argument as 'scaremongering' in amongst their own ridiculous arguments like 13 million turks will come battering down the gates at eurotunnel  when they get to join the eu, which will never happen in our lifetime - the EU won't even talk to them re accession while ever Erdogan is in charge and taking turkey back to the dark ages. But good luck if you leave - you'll need it - and don't all becoming to europe looking for jobs a la Auf Wiedersein Pet. That'll be me finished with the UK for good. The cunts won't even let me vote despite my having a british passport and an NI number.

I didn't say I agreed with any Brexit propaganda though did I?  All the stuff you mention from major financial institutions is propaganda based on a biased premise.  The status quo suits them. 

I think we have a fair chance of a decent government in 2020 and I don't like the idea that we can't vote Commissioners out, it's like a dictatorship.

Again, another brexit myth. Commissioners are nominated by their member governments and serve a term of 5 years - just like your national government. The whole commission can be forced to resign via a vote of no-confidence from the eu parliament - just like your national government.

The status quo suits them and it suits you. Given that many many major companies in britain are owned by non british companies it mystifies me where this great british powerhouse of investment is going to come from if britain goes it alone. If, as their major trading party the EU slaps punitive tariffs on exports (as it seems increasingly likely they will do), there will be an exodus industry to europe complete with attendent uk job losses. The british government won't be able to borrow on the international market to prop failing industries up (they won't even do it now) because interest rates will be too high because the pound has plumetted. The argument that exports will be cheaper doesn't hold water because the imports of raw materials to make the stuff in the first place will be more expensive.

As for riots in france - well thats hardly anything new is it? From the student riots of '68 to the sheep burning and dung dumping episodes (triggered by cuts to the eu subsidy to farmers if you will) to the paris banilieus and now the anti dibble movement the french have loved and will always love a riot.

Who are all these countries who are going to join the EU? Turkey despite the Mail's hysterical headlines have not got a cat in hells chance and are moving further away, as Erdogan sacks secularism and moves ever more islamist/fascist, Serbia with all of its 7 million people are a long way away. As are Bosnia. As for the remainder Solvenia and Croatia are already in, Montenegro, Macedonia and Albania are at various stages of application and have a combined population of just over 5 million. Kosovo is still not a real country. I can't any of these Balkan states getting in within the next 5 years. Ukraine, not a chance while their still rowing with Putin, Belarus is still a communist dictatorship, Moldova aspires but has not applied and the Trans-dneister republic is not a real country.

Last edited by Djpekingman (Sat 28 May 2016 9:53 am)

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

placidcasual wrote:

Here you go SCD...his cum face!

http://www.leftfutures.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Boris-Johnson-with-EU-UK-Flags.jpg



Bastard.   You see, now I on the Remain side until I see a picture of this lying federalist fabian cunt-piece.


http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01705/blair_1705623c.jpg


Then I'm exit again.

Talk about negative politics nowdays and we all made the bed were lying in by letting them get away with it for so long.

People are Twats

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

I say vote OMJ.  Hmmmm....  with a bit of punctuation that works as a slogan.

"I say!  Vote OMJ".

People are Twats

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Djpekingman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Djpekingman wrote:

They're not that poor when they're backed up by every economist, every major financial organisation , business and heads of government. Whereas Brexit have not come up with one credible number and dismiss every remain argument as 'scaremongering' in amongst their own ridiculous arguments like 13 million turks will come battering down the gates at eurotunnel  when they get to join the eu, which will never happen in our lifetime - the EU won't even talk to them re accession while ever Erdogan is in charge and taking turkey back to the dark ages. But good luck if you leave - you'll need it - and don't all becoming to europe looking for jobs a la Auf Wiedersein Pet. That'll be me finished with the UK for good. The cunts won't even let me vote despite my having a british passport and an NI number.

I didn't say I agreed with any Brexit propaganda though did I?  All the stuff you mention from major financial institutions is propaganda based on a biased premise.  The status quo suits them. 

I think we have a fair chance of a decent government in 2020 and I don't like the idea that we can't vote Commissioners out, it's like a dictatorship.

Again, another brexit myth. Commissioners are nominated by their member governments and serve a term of 5 years - just like your national government. The whole commission can be forced to resign via a vote of no-confidence from the eu parliament - just like your national government.

The status quo suits them and it suits you. Given that many many major companies in britain are owned by non british companies it mystifies me where this great british powerhouse of investment is going to come from if britain goes it alone. If, as their major trading party the EU slaps punitive tariffs on exports (as it seems increasingly likely they will do), there will be an exodus industry to europe complete with attendent uk job losses. The british government won't be able to borrow on the international market to prop failing industries up (they won't even do it now) because interest rates will be too high because the pound has plumetted. The argument that exports will be cheaper doesn't hold water because the imports of raw materials to make the stuff in the first place will be more expensive.

As for riots in france - well thats hardly anything new is it? From the student riots of '68 to the sheep burning and dung dumping episodes (triggered by cuts to the eu subsidy to farmers if you will) to the paris banilieus and now the anti dibble movement the french have loved and will always love a riot.

Who are all these countries who are going to join the EU? Turkey despite the Mail's hysterical headlines have not got a cat in hells chance and are moving further away, as Erdogan sacks secularism and moves ever more islamist/fascist, Serbia with all of its 7 million people are a long way away. As are Bosnia. As for the remainder Solvenia and Croatia are already in, Montenegro, Macedonia and Albania are at various stages of application and have a combined population of just over 5 million. Kosovo is still not a real country. I can't any of these Balkan states getting in within the next 5 years. Ukraine, not a chance while their still rowing with Putin, Belarus is still a communist dictatorship, Moldova aspires but has not applied and the Trans-dneister republic is not a real country.

Well you make a more plausible argument than Cameron and you haven't made ludicrous claims to scare voters.  Don't tell me what suits me though because you have no idea.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

IIRC Cameron /Osborne are committed to a minimum wage of £9.10 by 2020.  If we still have freedom of movement within the EU will this attract more economic migrants?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

Punitive export tarrifs.  Is that not just another exit myth?  Why would the Germans want to stop selling us cars?  Why would the French want to stop flooding us with cheap agricultural products?  If they tax us, we tax them.

People are Twats

Share