Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

In essence we've only really had two governments since the war
1945 Introduction of the NHS Beveridge report nationalisation
1979 Slash and burn national assets, pure market economics
Blair was Tory light but he was right in saying you do need to reward enterprise you do need some form of profit motive or you lose all incentive
Globalisation has exploited the flaws of capitalism and the balance needs redrawing

ambition beyond ability

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
space wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Debate what?
It was a simple question.

Even you should see the irony in someone who has cunted off Corbyn on here for the last 2 years saying he "nearly voted" Labour!!

It's a bit like Misura saying he seriously considered getting a season ticket for Pigsborough this year!

Utter bollocks but you stay in denial Tory boy!


I. Don't. Vote. Tory.

But thank you for demonstrating why I don't vote Labour.  You don't even attempt to defend Labour policy, just immediately jump to the same negative politics that your chosen party has been doing since Blair got the leadership.  It's the politics of innuendo and playground hair pulling.

Why would I defend Labour policy?

Chosen party??....where do you get that from?

So you're anti-Corbyn/Labour but nearly voted for them anyway!!

But you're not Tory!

That's one fucking mixed up kid!

I thought I'd gone on record before to say that the entire shitty system is fucked beyond repair.  If I'm anything I'm an anarchist.  But I've got a kid who will be going to University a year before this term has finished.  It was entirely self interest.  But I ended up listening to my inner self and voting for the local Green candidate (who happens to be the lead guitarist of the band I hired for my 21st Birthday bash 30 years ago - he's cool as fuck)   

Brown and Blair should have put the breaks on house prices and lending by controlling interest rates and letting inflation rise some.  But they didn't.  The more house prices rose, the more votes they got and the more they liked it.  Before anyone (who doesn't understand basic economic principles) realised what was going on we were in a situation where we couldn't either borrow or inflate out of a bubble.  So they made borrowing cheaper to drive prices up more - the economic equivalent of putting fire out with petrol.  And all to cement a bit more time in power.   That's the situation Brown left.

We are fucked for two generations.  Doesn't matter who is in charge.  It can't be fixed in our lifetime without half the country being forced into default (at worst) or negative equity (at best).

But if someone (anyone!) tells you it can be fixed by borrowing some money to give the NHS then you are swallowing more bullshit (OK - I paraphrased the Labour manifesto a bit to save time).  And on the other side of the coin,. we're not going to balance the books by starving the poor and ill.  Both sides of the house are selling snake oil because no one wants to tell the electorate the cold hard truth.

If you can't borrow or inflate your way out of debt the only other course is to pay it back - and no one wants to do that because we're all collectively either too selfish to do so or too poor to be able to.  Hence my humble prediction of 50 years of hard fiscal anal fuckage.

So.......

My outlook is this......

We are fucked.  I am fucked.  You are all fucked.  Our kids are fucked.  Likelihood is that their kids are also fucked.  But just for fucking once can the cunts who want my vote stop lying the fuck to me and start telling me the cunting bastard fucking gob-shitting truth.

And that, Sir, is what I think of politics, politicians, and the whole rancid situation.




< fuck me that felt good.  Please still talk to me.  I'm fine now I've got it all out.  I'll go take my pills now >

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

space wrote:
wogga wrote:

Ok just take the personality out of the debate
One side who have slashed benefits slashed capital investment created a low waged poorly skilled workforce
Or the other side who will rebalance the rich poor divide borrow to invest and start removing big corporations creaming off profits from essential services


That is precisely the truth - assuming you ignore anything that happened from 1997 to 2010.

I'd have thought the events of the last 2 or 3 years would persuade you that the Labour Party is a very different animal now. Why do you think the PLP have behaved the way they have? Why do you think Morgan Stanley drew the conclusions they did about a future Labour government? Why do you think the right-wing press have undertaken an unprecedented character assassination on JC? The Labour Party has been and continues to be transformed. It's truly socialist. And not before time.

BTW they never said they'd clear the debt.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

Travis Bickle wrote:
space wrote:
wogga wrote:

Ok just take the personality out of the debate
One side who have slashed benefits slashed capital investment created a low waged poorly skilled workforce
Or the other side who will rebalance the rich poor divide borrow to invest and start removing big corporations creaming off profits from essential services


That is precisely the truth - assuming you ignore anything that happened from 1997 to 2010.

I'd have thought the events of the last 2 or 3 years would persuade you that the Labour Party is a very different animal now. Why do you think the PLP have behaved the way they have? Why do you think Morgan Stanley drew the conclusions they did about a future Labour government? Why do you think the right-wing press have undertaken an unprecedented character assassination on JC? The Labour Party has been and continues to be transformed. It's truly socialist. And not before time.

BTW they never said they'd clear the debt.


Blair.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.


Corbyn.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.

Please forgive my scepticism over the new messiah.  The only difference so far is the dress sense and the smile.

(Edited to say...  I can think of a difference.  At least Blair had a job before politics.)

Last edited by space (Sat 09 Dec 2017 8:54 pm)

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

space wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
space wrote:

That is precisely the truth - assuming you ignore anything that happened from 1997 to 2010.

I'd have thought the events of the last 2 or 3 years would persuade you that the Labour Party is a very different animal now. Why do you think the PLP have behaved the way they have? Why do you think Morgan Stanley drew the conclusions they did about a future Labour government? Why do you think the right-wing press have undertaken an unprecedented character assassination on JC? The Labour Party has been and continues to be transformed. It's truly socialist. And not before time.

BTW they never said they'd clear the debt.


Blair.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.


Corbyn.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.

Please forgive my scepticism over the new messiah.  The only difference so far is the dress sense and the smile.

(Edited to say...  I can think of a difference.  At least Blair had a job before politics.)

You say spurious, others would say investment in growth and public assets.  Serious council house building and letting councils keep them on their balance sheet whilst reducing their housing benefit burden is a classic example.  FFS 40% of right to buy has ended up with private landlords charging the earth.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Sat 09 Dec 2017 11:07 pm)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

space wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
space wrote:

That is precisely the truth - assuming you ignore anything that happened from 1997 to 2010.

I'd have thought the events of the last 2 or 3 years would persuade you that the Labour Party is a very different animal now. Why do you think the PLP have behaved the way they have? Why do you think Morgan Stanley drew the conclusions they did about a future Labour government? Why do you think the right-wing press have undertaken an unprecedented character assassination on JC? The Labour Party has been and continues to be transformed. It's truly socialist. And not before time.

BTW they never said they'd clear the debt.


Blair.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.


Corbyn.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.

Please forgive my scepticism over the new messiah.  The only difference so far is the dress sense and the smile.

(Edited to say...  I can think of a difference.  At least Blair had a job before politics.)

Yes, the current state of the country is all Labour 's fault! Please clarify what your manifesto would have been? You mock Labour voters and the party for slagging of the tories, but you do the same with Labour and its voters. IMHO the policies the tories have brought in over the years have brought the UK to the position its in now, fucked.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

space wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
space wrote:

That is precisely the truth - assuming you ignore anything that happened from 1997 to 2010.

I'd have thought the events of the last 2 or 3 years would persuade you that the Labour Party is a very different animal now. Why do you think the PLP have behaved the way they have? Why do you think Morgan Stanley drew the conclusions they did about a future Labour government? Why do you think the right-wing press have undertaken an unprecedented character assassination on JC? The Labour Party has been and continues to be transformed. It's truly socialist. And not before time.

BTW they never said they'd clear the debt.


Blair.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.


Corbyn.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.

Please forgive my scepticism over the new messiah.  The only difference so far is the dress sense and the smile.

(Edited to say...  I can think of a difference.  At least Blair had a job before politics.)

Blair was never what you describe. Not even close.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

Travis Bickle wrote:
space wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:

I'd have thought the events of the last 2 or 3 years would persuade you that the Labour Party is a very different animal now. Why do you think the PLP have behaved the way they have? Why do you think Morgan Stanley drew the conclusions they did about a future Labour government? Why do you think the right-wing press have undertaken an unprecedented character assassination on JC? The Labour Party has been and continues to be transformed. It's truly socialist. And not before time.

BTW they never said they'd clear the debt.


Blair.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.


Corbyn.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.

Please forgive my scepticism over the new messiah.  The only difference so far is the dress sense and the smile.

(Edited to say...  I can think of a difference.  At least Blair had a job before politics.)

Blair was never what you describe. Not even close.


Which part is not factual?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

Chopper Read wrote:
space wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:

I'd have thought the events of the last 2 or 3 years would persuade you that the Labour Party is a very different animal now. Why do you think the PLP have behaved the way they have? Why do you think Morgan Stanley drew the conclusions they did about a future Labour government? Why do you think the right-wing press have undertaken an unprecedented character assassination on JC? The Labour Party has been and continues to be transformed. It's truly socialist. And not before time.

BTW they never said they'd clear the debt.


Blair.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.


Corbyn.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.

Please forgive my scepticism over the new messiah.  The only difference so far is the dress sense and the smile.

(Edited to say...  I can think of a difference.  At least Blair had a job before politics.)

Yes, the current state of the country is all Labour 's fault! Please clarify what your manifesto would have been? You mock Labour voters and the party for slagging of the tories, but you do the same with Labour and its voters. IMHO the policies the tories have brought in over the years have brought the UK to the position its in now, fucked.


I'm no a fan of either party.  I was just pointing out that the whole shit with house prices going beyond the reach of people happened on Blair and Browns watch.  I think I clarified my manifesto.  I wouldn't have promoted cheap borrowed money to inflate house prices in return for popularity and some more time in power.  I thought I'd made that point quite clearly.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

What was the point of all that?

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

And a bit more chaos.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

space wrote:
Chopper Read wrote:
space wrote:

Blair.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.


Corbyn.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.

Please forgive my scepticism over the new messiah.  The only difference so far is the dress sense and the smile.

(Edited to say...  I can think of a difference.  At least Blair had a job before politics.)

Yes, the current state of the country is all Labour 's fault! Please clarify what your manifesto would have been? You mock Labour voters and the party for slagging of the tories, but you do the same with Labour and its voters. IMHO the policies the tories have brought in over the years have brought the UK to the position its in now, fucked.


I'm no a fan of either party.  I was just pointing out that the whole shit with house prices going beyond the reach of people happened on Blair and Browns watch.  I think I clarified my manifesto.  I wouldn't have promoted cheap borrowed money to inflate house prices in return for popularity and some more time in power.  I thought I'd made that point quite clearly.

Can you let me know which period you are talking about? Interest rates pre-2008 were (as they generally are) linked with inflation and specifically the 2% notional inflation cap set by Blair/ Brown. If you you set a notional cap on inflation then interest rates will only go one way. Post 15th Sept 2008 interest rates have got feck all to do with either of those two.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

That fat comedy dolt Johnson has resigned.  Cue more Tory infighting rather than concentrating on the job in hand.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

It is ace.  The party that has built its success on stability and uniting behind a common cause (conservatism) is easily the worst gov. I have ever had recourse to be subjected to in my 48 years - A complete embarrassment of the highest order - however it will only pave the way for Gove or Bozza and then the fun will really start. 

All because of Brexit - Cameron you utter utter cunt.

Aim Low and miss...

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

danpiesley wrote:

It is ace.  The party that has built its success on stability and uniting behind a common cause (conservatism) is easily the worst gov. I have ever had recourse to be subjected to in my 48 years - A complete embarrassment of the highest order - however it will only pave the way for Gove or Bozza and then the fun will really start. 

All because of Brexit - Cameron you utter utter cunt.

Bang on. History will not be kind to him. I know it's a bit cliched to say it, but the worst part is that he'll be completely immune to the fallout. Still rich, still in a big house, still getting tickets to Wimbledon etc.
There's a febrile atmosphere in this country at the moment and it stems almost exclusively from the referendum result.
As daft as it sounds I haven't really enjoyed their cabinet woes as the wider consequences for us all are too fucking scary....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

May and her ilk's big mistake was not confronting the Brexiloons straight away. Every utterance on the subject and to the EU was in the language and tone of the loons, emboldened they won't back down, so either the Tory remainers back down and let the tory party lurch even further to the right or the party cannot be reconciledl

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

Travis Bickle wrote:
danpiesley wrote:

It is ace.  The party that has built its success on stability and uniting behind a common cause (conservatism) is easily the worst gov. I have ever had recourse to be subjected to in my 48 years - A complete embarrassment of the highest order - however it will only pave the way for Gove or Bozza and then the fun will really start. 

All because of Brexit - Cameron you utter utter cunt.

Bang on. History will not be kind to him. I know it's a bit cliched to say it, but the worst part is that he'll be completely immune to the fallout. Still rich, still in a big house, still getting tickets to Wimbledon etc.
There's a febrile atmosphere in this country at the moment and it stems almost exclusively from the referendum result.
As daft as it sounds I haven't really enjoyed their cabinet woes as the wider consequences for us all are too fucking scary....

Johnson should be bloody horsewhipped for what he has done to our country, I utterly despise the man. Cameron, as you say, is going to be looked upon in a very dim light when this period is finally written about. Biggest political fuck-up in modern European history. Whether we like it or not, the UK needs Europe and its markets. Without them, better batten down the hatches as there is some seriously bad economic hardship coming. Make no bones about it.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

So, is it shaping up for a massive Tory implosion, causing a general election where Labour win, Jezza becomes PM, Brexit  is the unmitigated disaster that we all knew it would be, Labour carry the can for it and Cameron and the rest of those cunts get away with  causing the whole mess in the first place?

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

CharlieG wrote:

So, is it shaping up for a massive Tory implosion, causing a general election where Labour win, Jezza becomes PM, Brexit  is the unmitigated disaster that we all knew it would be, Labour carry the can for it and Cameron and the rest of those cunts get away with  causing the whole mess in the first place?

The Fixed Term Parliament Act now means that only a vote of no confidence or a two thirds majority vote can force an election. However strong the splits are, Johnson and his ilk don't have the numbers.
If they did, his letter would have included a bit about standing for the leadership etc. She got through the 1922 committee last night which shouldn't be underestimated.
Johnson epitomises everything that has gone wrong with politics. The truth doesn't matter, reasoned debate and compromise are sneered at. Sad thing is, when you look around, I'm not convinced we deserve any better.
His photo opportunity with his resignation letter on the desk in front of him showed both his vanity and politics in general's demise.
This febrile mess, the increasingly nasty tone of political debate and the whole 'enemies of the people/elites' stuff being stirred up in the media are a direct result of an internal Tory spat. One that's festered for decades. That snivelling s*** Cameron literally gambled our kids' future to try and save power for his party....

Last edited by Travis Bickle (Tue 10 Jul 2018 10:55 am)

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

It's the joke that keeps on giving

Unfortunately:

But that joke isn't funny anymore
It's too close to home and it's too near the bone
It's too close to home and it's too near the bone, more than you'll ever know

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

Travis Bickle wrote:
CharlieG wrote:

So, is it shaping up for a massive Tory implosion, causing a general election where Labour win, Jezza becomes PM, Brexit  is the unmitigated disaster that we all knew it would be, Labour carry the can for it and Cameron and the rest of those cunts get away with  causing the whole mess in the first place?

The Fixed Term Parliament Act now means that only a vote of no confidence or a two thirds majority vote can force an election. However strong the splits are, Johnson and his ilk don't have the numbers.
If they did, his letter would have included a bit about standing for the leadership etc. She got through the 1922 committee last night which shouldn't be underestimated.
Johnson epitomises everything that has gone wrong with politics. The truth doesn't matter, reasoned debate and compromise are sneered at. Sad thing is, when you look around, I'm not convinced we deserve any better.
His photo opportunity with his resignation letter on the desk in front of him showed both his vanity and politics in general's demise.
This febrile mess, the increasingly nasty tone of political debate and the whole 'enemies of the people/elites' stuff being stirred up in the media are a direct result of an internal Tory spat. One that's festered for decades. That snivelling s*** Cameron literally gambled our kids' future to try and save power for his party....

And as you said with Cameron - they really do not care.  They have money and the house and all the trappings that are going nowhere and will not give one flying fuck if we end up in an economic dystopia because of this.

The whole thing is fixable though.  Easily. 

Sorry folks, Brexit is going away.  It is not viable at this present time.  Sorry.  move on. 

The cabinet and the four great offices of state are all remainders yet they cow tow to that clown Moog - who does he actually speak for? 

Failing that another referendum.

Do you want Hard brexit

Do you want soft basically being in EU brexit

Do you want no brexit

Aim Low and miss...

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

Mitaman wrote:
space wrote:
Chopper Read wrote:

Yes, the current state of the country is all Labour 's fault! Please clarify what your manifesto would have been? You mock Labour voters and the party for slagging of the tories, but you do the same with Labour and its voters. IMHO the policies the tories have brought in over the years have brought the UK to the position its in now, fucked.


I'm no a fan of either party.  I was just pointing out that the whole shit with house prices going beyond the reach of people happened on Blair and Browns watch.  I think I clarified my manifesto.  I wouldn't have promoted cheap borrowed money to inflate house prices in return for popularity and some more time in power.  I thought I'd made that point quite clearly.

Can you let me know which period you are talking about? Interest rates pre-2008 were (as they generally are) linked with inflation and specifically the 2% notional inflation cap set by Blair/ Brown. If you you set a notional cap on inflation then interest rates will only go one way. Post 15th Sept 2008 interest rates have got feck all to do with either of those two.

My use of the word "inflate" was in error.  I should have said "support".   Growth of house proces was 1997-2008.  The rates drop was 2008 onwards.  It had the effect of holding the prices up by making it cheaper to borrow money.  The US just let the fuckers crash and anyone caught with their pants down suffered.  The UK instead pushed the payment onto the next two generations.  Labour started it.  Tories carried it on.  As previously stated, we're fucked whichever set of cunts is in power.  Because cunts they are.

People say that they want things back to how they were, when a working class chap could buy a house, own a car and go to Spain on his holidays, but the reality is no one really does.  The man on street likes the way his ex-council house is now worth £200K.  Fuck the young.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

Travis Bickle wrote:
space wrote:

Blair.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.


Corbyn.  Hardcore Fabian style Marxist-Trotskyist Unilateralist.  Until he got voted into the leadership of the Labour party - then he turned populist.  Maker of fanciful election promises based on spurious costings.

Please forgive my scepticism over the new messiah.  The only difference so far is the dress sense and the smile.

(Edited to say...  I can think of a difference.  At least Blair had a job before politics.)

Blair was never what you describe. Not even close.

Early 90s, Blair was Corbyn's acolyte.  They were both part of the "CND 19" -  a group of what can only be described as radical Trotskyite Unilateralist.  Nailed on fact.

I enter the following items into evidence, your Worship.
1)  Blair's rewrite of Clause 4 (circa 1993?)
2)  Corbyn's essays for the Fabian Society on the Future of the Labour Party (approx 2004?)

Both basically outlining how marxism can be advanced by hiding within a centrist "populist" movement (the original "Fabian" doctrine). They could have been written by the same person.   The only difference between both lines is the way they were marketed.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

space wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
space wrote:

I'm no a fan of either party.  I was just pointing out that the whole shit with house prices going beyond the reach of people happened on Blair and Browns watch.  I think I clarified my manifesto.  I wouldn't have promoted cheap borrowed money to inflate house prices in return for popularity and some more time in power.  I thought I'd made that point quite clearly.

Can you let me know which period you are talking about? Interest rates pre-2008 were (as they generally are) linked with inflation and specifically the 2% notional inflation cap set by Blair/ Brown. If you you set a notional cap on inflation then interest rates will only go one way. Post 15th Sept 2008 interest rates have got feck all to do with either of those two.

My use of the word "inflate" was in error.  I should have said "support".   Growth of house proces was 1997-2008.  The rates drop was 2008 onwards. It had the effect of holding the prices up by making it cheaper to borrow money.  The US just let the fuckers crash and anyone caught with their pants down suffered.  The UK instead pushed the payment onto the next two generations.  Labour started it.  Tories carried it on.  As previously stated, we're fucked whichever set of cunts is in power.  Because cunts they are.

People say that they want things back to how they were, when a working class chap could buy a house, own a car and go to Spain on his holidays, but the reality is no one really does.  The man on street likes the way his ex-council house is now worth £200K.  Fuck the young.

Yes, but this is my point, the rates (post Sept-2008) had absolutely nothing to do with any political decisions/ will in this country ZERO (Your point above seems to infer that they were?). The by-product of the rate drop of course supported/ pushed prices, but it was not the initial reason for slashing rates. Had rates not been slashed at that time, the global economy would have almost certainly gone into a death spiral. It was undoubtedly the correct decision at that time, unless you were happy to see 70% - 80% wiped off the value of your property and your pension fund.

Labour started it = Perhaps, but not connected to your point on interest rates. They are two inter-linked but separate issues over different time periods.
Tories carried it on = partially true, but to do so with what has been a weak economy for a long time would take balls and risk sending the Uk back into recession

Last edited by Mitaman (Wed 11 Jul 2018 1:27 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

Can barely keep up with this now. What a fuck up from start to finish.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share