Topic: Heard This Today and Thought of You...

Sure I've seen it written on here that he wasn't a legend for you?

Nonetheless, a very interesting podcast from an absolute gentleman, astute professional and all round legend to me, macca, tin-ribs, little Davey the grafter and the rest of the Anny Road Crew.

Won the title with you, and remembers realising it was possibly on when WHU beat MUFC, one night, back in the day, whilst judging a karaoke competition in Seacroft or Gipton.

Chock full of Leeds; https://audioboom.com/boos/4195489-gary … lieves?t=0

There are others in the collection worth listening to too.

Last edited by luxury_scruff (Mon 21 Mar 2016 9:44 pm)

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Re: Heard This Today and Thought of You...

I've listened to all the podcasts . The big interview , Graham hunter. Macca was a legend in my eyes , among the best number 10's in my time . I was gutted when he got sacked . It's a great interview .
Enjoyed all the podcasts and highly recommend them .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Legend bar is set very high in Chez Cuts. Great, great player but a legend, not in my eyes. I recall he didn't want to come then left for a chunk of money. Part of a fantastic midfield. Strachan's a legend in my eyes. Vinnie's a legend. Strange thing this legend status.

Where do we put recent players who put a shift in?  I'm a huge fan of Andy Hughes and I reckon he's held in high regard with many.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Where do we put recent players who put a shift in

Norwich?

Cuts wrote:

Norwich?

True.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

If we're talking no.10's,Tony Currie gets my vote over McAllister all day long.
Just a shame Currie joined when we were on the wane.

Didn't McAllister leave for Coventry of all places?

Great player but seem to recall his departure leaving a sour taste.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

McAllister left for money , but why couldn't we match Coventry? The good midfield he played in had already been broken up.
Currie is one of the 10's l was thinking about ,along with Giles , who for me was the best. I seen more of Currie and McAllister live than I did Giles , only caught his last couple of seasons at ER but still my number 1. Never seen Collins and he was probably , by all accounts , the best of them all.
Currie also left for money (or the other rumour)to QPR.
McAllister was an integral part of a title winning side , that's legend status for me.
Currie was probably the better footballer , but didn't win a championship.

Last edited by white dragon (Wed 23 Mar 2016 12:50 am)

McAllister left for money when Coventry's ambition was unbridled and we all know what happens there. He was off again sharp enough to Liverpool when Cov started going tits up. Still a great footballer though - the beauty to Batty's beast, but not for me a legend on his own, unlike Batty. As part of that famous four, then the midfield a whole was a legend but MacAllister on his - no.  I'd have loved to have seen Currie with better players around him - some of the things he did for Leeds and England were fantastic. Legend because of his edge.

Giles was the one. Ability to spray 60 yard passes all round the pitch straight to feet. Evil on the sly. His understanding with Billy was almost telepathic. Actually he'd probably get Legend status just for playing keepy up with Bremner on the edge of the Southampton box in 'that' game.

Collins was a legend for the way he dropped a division and dragged Leeds up to the top. A beast of a (wee) man - without him Bremner would never have been the player he was.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

The midfield of Currie ,Flynn, Graham and Harris wasn't a bad one . We had the makings of a decent side back then. Until McQueen and Jordan upped sticks and ripped the guts out of it .

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Cuts wrote:

Norwich?

True.

Snodgrass and Johnson always put one in--but they're long gone. Howson remains and regularly gets stick for not doing so. Becchio never put one in because he never got the chance to do so.

pipoldchap wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Cuts wrote:

Norwich?

True.

Snodgrass and Johnson always put one in--but they're long gone. Howson remains and regularly gets stick for not doing so. Becchio never put one in because he never got the chance to do so.

Snodgrass is acemans. New City hero.

Another Leeds one; https://audioboom.com/boos/4415918-joe- … rt-one?t=0

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:

Another Leeds one; https://audioboom.com/boos/4415918-joe- … rt-one?t=0

Went to a fund raiser last weekend at which Tony Currie was one of the speakers.  Inevitably questions were raised about modern footballers behaviours in comparison to the 'good old days'.  Tony Currie told a tale of the season after Jordan had jumped ship to Manchester United in the game at Old Trafford, how Jordan spat in his face. 

Mel Sterland was the other speaker and said Steve Williams (ex Arsenal and Southampton) had done the same to him and he'd tried to catch him to chin him in the game it happened but being too slow Williams got away running back to the sanctuary of the dressing room.  Sterling went onto say that to this day he hasn't forgiven Williams and if he ever meets him, he's going to stick one on him!

Worth a listen, I enjoyed it . Talks about how Bobby Colins was such a massive influence on the whole club. How deflated they were after Paris. Mentions how well run the club was and how that has to be the way to consistently challenge, maybe a dig at the shambolic way it's been run for the last decade and a half.
There is going to be a part 2 .

Great player for us, but not a legend I don't think. Strachan would be higher on my list than Macca. Apart from Francesco Totti, one of the best player's I have seen play at Elland Road. Vinnie Jones' influence on the whole set-up, he was also a legend.

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'