Topic: Recent Yank comedy

Archer, animated Bond type spoof. Ridiculously stupid, and very clever.

Broad City, two lasses in NY smoke loads of shit and get up to ridiculously stupid stuff (caution, theme emerging)

Parks and Recreation, been booted around the schedules\channels Seinfeld & Sanders style. And for me is up there with them (seriously) Spoof doc, great looks to camera. Ron Swanson cracks me up. Bit of politics and does as good as Thick of It to highlight the hypocrisies.

Amy Schumer, only seen a bit of her, seems ridiculously stupid. Right up my strasse.

Nembutal numbs it all
But I prefer… alcohol!

Re: Recent Yank comedy

Gigrash wrote:

Archer, animated Bond type spoof. Ridiculously stupid, and very clever.

Broad City, two lasses in NY smoke loads of shit and get up to ridiculously stupid stuff (caution, theme emerging)

Parks and Recreation, been booted around the schedules\channels Seinfeld & Sanders style. And for me is up there with them (seriously) Spoof doc, great looks to camera. Ron Swanson cracks me up. Bit of politics and does as good as Thick of It to highlight the hypocrisies.

Amy Schumer, only seen a bit of her, seems ridiculously stupid. Right up my strasse.

Archer?  Yeah.  Funny as.

Broad City?  I'm downloading season 1.  I'll give it a try.

Parks and Recreation?  Brilliant stuff.

Amy Schumer?  Was funny for about 10 minutes.  Now she gets on my tits.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Haven't seen the other stuff, but Parks and Recreation is great.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

I've not watched Archer but it keeps popping up on Netflix.  Could be worth a look.

Trailer Park Boys has a new series by the look of it.  (I'm aware they are Canucks)

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Wed 30 Mar 2016 12:17 pm)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I've not watched Archer but it keeps popping up on Netflix.  Could be worth a look.

Trailer Park Boys has a new series by the look of it.  (I'm aware they are Canucks)

TPB is top drawer comedy.

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Did you know there was a new series on Netflix?  I only noticed it this morning.  Going to watch that and yesterdays Better Call Saul at some point in the next 10 hours,

Reggie Perrin wrote:
space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Did you know there was a new series on Netflix?  I only noticed it this morning.  Going to watch that and yesterdays Better Call Saul at some point in the next 10 hours,

Just seen it.  I think it reached it's peak around series 7.  I'm hoping the new one is better than the last 2 series.

Kids watch Parks and love it.

You're better off watching Trump speeches and rallies for real belly laughs.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Rewatching Fraiser on Netflix.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Mike_tyson_mysteries.jpg

Mike Tyson and the ghost of the Marquis of Queensbury solve Scooby Doo style mysteries.

It's reasonably entertaining...

Been watching Modern Family, excellent stuff, guaranteed min 2 belly laughs per ep. You know when the writing and pace is bang on?
Only up to almost season 4. Seen a few random later ones and the quality is still there.

Nembutal numbs it all
But I prefer… alcohol!

Just finished 3 series of Silicon Valley.  TJ Miller is legendary.  Just starting S1 of Madmen.