Re: Hillsborough Inquest

Sectio  116(2)(a) of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 means the evidence of dead witnesses is admissible.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:

Sectio  116(2)(a) of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 means the evidence of dead witnesses is admissible.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said because of changes in the evidence of two witnesses, and the death of a third, it would discontinue the case.

People are Twats

So much depends on what they had before any change. Two witnesses materially altering their evidence could very easily lead someone to conclude there's no longer a reasonable prospect of a conviction (prosecutors have a two-limb test, that's one limb, public interest is the other).
As much as countless people would like to see him in court (not just for this tbh, speak to many who worked with or under him and you'll struggle to find a kind word), it may be a proper decision to drop it.
Will leave a sour taste though....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...