Topic: Bradford punk doc

Hi You lot ! its been a long journey for me since i was last on here  life decided to teach me a lesson  pain is needed to change .it's probably my proudest moment , which i maybe grateful for . doing lots of positive things .working at food bank , on the streets of Bradford with the crime prevention team plus loads of other stuff  dads still got dementia  but had loats of issues though through lack of care . his care home rangthe police to see if they could arrest him because they wanted his room . then rang Lynfield mount to see if he could be sectioned Its been a ball . anyway not here about any of that . I  have been sorting my stories out to do something with finally . i know people offered to help  but that was 3 years ago & i was n't in a good place to do it then . I am doing a book though . i was approached to do a fictional book about Following Adam & the Ants  . for a book company that does pulp fiction for the 21st century . I would have prefered a factual account to be honest ,but i'm having a go & i'm on my 3rd chapter .

I 'm also trying to do a doc about the Bradford punks  for the 40th anniversary  but i cant get past the fundraising side being on benefits i cant have money coming into my account . but i need some funds to pay for the people who want to make the doc  .also a friend as 50.000 negatives of all the alternative people in Bradford from 1976 to 2000 .. just wondering if there's people who may be able to help with advise etc

I like dead musicians ,not live music.

Re: Bradford punk doc

Welcome back lad.

The only lad whoever on OMJ who posts without a any form of agenda, gives more than he takes.

Just Giving page?

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

I'd contribute.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Set up a 'Justgiving' page...
https://home.justgiving.com/?take=10
Either that or a kickstarter...
https://www.kickstarter.com
Said it before regarding the book, happy to help, editing, proof-reading etc and will help fund it.
Not for me ultimately to say but I don't think fiction will do it justice. I reckon you've a lot to tell and the world will want to hear it. PM if you need anything mate

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:

Set up a 'Justgiving' page...
https://home.justgiving.com/?take=10
Either that or a kickstarter...
https://www.kickstarter.com
Said it before regarding the book, happy to help, editing, proof-reading etc and will help fund it.
Not for me ultimately to say but I don't think fiction will do it justice. I reckon you've a lot to tell and the world will want to hear it. PM if you need anything mate

Thanks  travis much appreciated so there is actually a site called just giving lol i will inbox tomorrow .i have to be up early for a friends birthday & haworth 40s jobby .

Harvest wrote:

I'd contribute.

Thanks  i'll inbox tomorrow if possible .  just looking at the names which i remember but forgot who is behind the names

luxury_scruff wrote:

Welcome back lad.

The only lad whoever on OMJ who posts without a any form of agenda, gives more than he takes.

Just Giving page?

Thanks luxury  .there again i remember the name but for got the real person . i thought that was a made up name  just giving lol that  me you refer to or your self ?

Can't you get someone who's not on benefits to take care of the cash side of things J? There's a site over here, Kickstarter that raises funds for projects like that, is there an equivalent in the UK or indeed a Kicksrarter UK?

On the book side of things, if you want to do a factual book about following Adam And The Ants why not see if Mick McCann and John Lake would be interested with their Armley Press book company?

Last edited by Cuts (Sun 15 May 2016 3:32 am)

Welcome back SA. Id be more than happy to contribute.

The negatives sound really interesting, would love to try and do sometihng with those with you.

Last edited by placidcasual (Sun 15 May 2016 6:53 am)

Cuts wrote:

Can't you get someone who's not on benefits to take care of the cash side of things J? There's a site over here, Kickstarter that raises funds for projects like that, is there an equivalent in the UK or indeed a Kicksrarter UK?

On the book side of things, if you want to do a factual book about following Adam And The Ants why not see if Mick McCann and John Lake would be interested with their Armley Press book company?

Hi fella ! yes their is kickstarter ,crowdfunder etc but i cant have  find any one to form a cop op or something similar . lots of people have expressed an interest in being involved  , interviewed etc i ,Im just wondering if considering whats happened health wise these last 3 years if people are wondering if it will actually happen , understandably i would i think Its been a mental time .or maybe people  dont think its a good idea & dont want to say so ?  i'm out of the loop about what mick is doing  but sounds promising . the thing with the fiction  version this book company have links to a US film company who really like their books [old man books ] i think its called ? so there's possibilities with a film as well

placidcasual wrote:

Welcome back SA. Id be more than happy to contribute.

The negatives sound really interesting, would love to try and do sometihng with those with you.

Hi Placid  yes the negatives is a massive archive of great importance . the guy who as them was hoping this would be his nest egg when he was older it hasnt quite turned out that way . He's gone of radar right now in Hebden & as become disillusioned with the pics . He's a builder by trade so is concentrating on that  but he  said i can use them , in fact he sid he would swop them for records .but he as a tendency to change with the weather . I still think its a goer i dont have any technical ability to pull this off & he cant be bothered right now , but that might change if  i cn get things started

Ive sent you a pm
Send me your number and I time I can call you and we'll have a chat.

placidcasual wrote:

Ive sent you a pm
Send me your number and I time I can call you and we'll have a chat.

i saw the pm yesterday & replied .just sent my number now .  just wondering if this things still works I used to get notifications into my yahoo account last time .anyway

Got it SA. Will gove you a bell Tues if ok.

This might tickle your bumflap SA.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on … ar_twitter

Harvest wrote:

This might tickle your bumflap SA.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on … ar_twitter

Thanks for that harvest . i had strong links with Middlesboro i started going up there in 1978 after i put some Boro punks up at my flat in Bradford after they came down with a London band called bitch . the singer Charlie Green was in a lot of the early punk pics at the Roxy , vortex & down the Kings Rd 76 /77 one of the boro lads paul was dating her .he was only 15 at the time .i think ? im still friends with a lot of the boro punks

As ever, let me know if I can do anything, mate.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Have you ever heard of a band called The Undertakers from Birmingham SA?  Unfortunately I haven't but one of my clients at work is a former member.  I'm meeting him tomorrow.  Have you any stories I could pass on ?   Or anything you want me to try coax from him ??

On a a positive note the Bradford punk doc trailer is finished all comments welcome both negative and positive both are a learning process

Fantastic stuff. Soldierant looks so happy just talking about what he loves. Pleased for him, it's a lasting testament. Would love to see more.

I recognise Soldierant from somewhere.  I wish my fucking damaged brain would tell me from where.  But I reckon from about 91.  It'll come to me.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Enjoyed that. Recognised a couple of faces in there.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Harvest wrote:

Fantastic stuff. Soldierant looks so happy just talking about what he loves. Pleased for him, it's a lasting testament. Would love to see more.

hopefully it will happen  got lots of interviews lined up in london  to do a ants doc  manchester ,boro norwich might do a proper national punk doc   the authentic story  .also maybe a football punk doc i knew lots of punks involved on the terrace ,all boils down to bloody money as per usual  though i work with the homeless and people dealing with addictions etc they#ve go some right stories  any way see what happens

space wrote:

I recognise Soldierant from somewhere.  I wish my fucking damaged brain would tell me from where.  But I reckon from about 91.  It'll come to me.

91 possibly the housey housey music scene ? or leeds united ,doing the doors , playing football ?

Ace that SA, good luck with it..