Re: The Trump

Reggie Perrin wrote:
space wrote:

Corbyn and his Momentum chums should really be taking note that even the most left leaning media and comedians are taking the piss out of him for his line on Putin.  Or rather his complete lack of line.

Are they really?

I assume you don't listen to Radio 4.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Yes all the time.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Yes all the time.

Obviously we concentrate on different things.

Did you listen to the News Quiz?  That usually has a boner for Jez.  Even they took a pop.

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Yes all the time.

Obviously we concentrate on different things.

Did you listen to the News Quiz?  That usually has a boner for Jez.  Even they took a pop.

OK.  I didn't listen to it.

I’ve just spent a few days in Russia. Quite a few UK expats out there in my industry who speak the language and have been there a long time.

Very interesting view on what’s been happening.

The most extreme was the Novichok was a way to stop Brexit. ‘Look what we can achieve when we work together. We uncovered the plot and taught those Russians a lesson via Syria. Let’s go al agreement and stick together. ’

One of the more sensible said if the Russians had done it, they would be dead. Both of them.

And they’re not.

Loose Lips wrote:

I’ve just spent a few days in Russia. Quite a few UK expats out there in my industry who speak the language and have been there a long time.

The most extreme was the Novichok was a way to stop Brexit. ‘Look what we can achieve when we work together. We uncovered the plot and taught those Russians a lesson via Syria. Let’s go al agreement and stick together. ’

One of the more sensible said if the Russians had done it, they would be dead. Both of them.

And they’re not.

That covers 2 of the 27 different theories put forward by Putin's St Petersburg troll farm.  I guess when you've been eating nothing but shit for years you lose the taste for anything else.

My gut says it was a local hit (on British spook territory). I agree, they would be dead if it was Russia, and they would have still got their warning out. Not sure the British have the balls for cold-blood killings anymore, just enough toxin for a headline and that'll do.

Who the hell knows.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Loose Lips wrote:

And they’re not.

How's the sentiment? I'm flying into Moscow with Aeroflot at the start of June and flying back mid June smack bang during the WC big_smile

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

king of the slums wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

And they’re not.

How's the sentiment? I'm flying into Moscow with Aeroflot at the start of June and flying back mid June smack bang during the WC big_smile

The sentiment is like this..

Last edited by Mitaman (Tue 17 Apr 2018 7:05 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

king of the slums wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

And they’re not.

They couldnt give a shit.  All very nice to me in the bars, hotels and restaurants.

What a difference a few days make.  First Russia said there was no chemical attack in Syria, then it said the British definitely did it.  Now it was America using their puppet's the White Helmets.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/sy … 07726.html

Now BBC news reporting that the Salisbury nerve agent was "probably" made in Syria.

This has got the stench of a US led plot to use the UK to justify a war.  Another "45 minute" dossier in the making.

Surely they can't get away with this shit twice?

Last edited by space (Tue 17 Apr 2018 10:32 pm)

Sean Hannity named as a client of Cohen's but for a real estate deal, not as many are guessing another woman. Both views are unproven at this stage.

My gut has said all along, this is about NYC property deals with the Russians and money laundering and less to do with political collusion. I wonder if Hannity has gone in on a deal with Trump in the past that is a suspect transaction and Hannity was speaking with Cohen regarding this? We'll see...

Last edited by Mitaman (Wed 18 Apr 2018 2:14 am)

Trump's early morning tweet stream from this morning seems to be preparing his followers for Cohen flipping.   Is this the last step or are their others between Cohen and Trump to be flipped first?

DondaldJTrump wrote:

The New York Times and a third rate reporter named Maggie Habberman, known as a Crooked H flunkie who I don’t speak to and have nothing to do with, are going out of their way to destroy Michael Cohen and his relationship with me in the hope that he will “flip.” They use....

....non-existent “sources” and a drunk/drugged up loser who hates Michael, a fine person with a wonderful family. Michael is a businessman for his own account/lawyer who I have always liked & respected. Most people will flip if the Government lets them out of trouble, even if....

....it means lying or making up stories. Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that despite the horrible Witch Hunt and the dishonest media!

Last edited by space (Sat 21 Apr 2018 2:34 pm)

Friday 13th July.

Anyone up for bunking off for the day and having a London meet up?

He's gone up a little higher on mentalometer

Definitely Worth 20 minutes of you time>>>
Michelle Wolf...carpet bombs Trump/republicans/mainstream media and anyone else left standing at the Annual Correspondents Dinner which Trump bottle again...

Next industry to get the Trump treatment is the drug companies.  He'll start a'tweating and drive down their shares so <Redacted> can make more money fronting them, or picking them up cheaper in the dip.

This stuff got even more weird. The bloke knows less than shit, about pretty much anything. You then have Scaramuchi giving him messages/ instruction via a CNN interview (knowing that the eedjut is likely watching).

So there is a publicly available recording of him breaking 4 laws and he still isn't being impeached? 

What the fuck is going on?

space wrote:

So there is a publicly available recording of him breaking 4 laws and he still isn't being impeached? 

What the fuck is going on?

I think they are trying to get enough evidence to bury him. Breaking 4 laws may not be enough. Also, the DOJ is being impeded at every turn by the GOP. Rosenstein is being attacked at every angle currently and its utterly ridiculous, a smokescreen. Cohen has hired Larry Davis (VV good friend of the Clintons) to represent him which means he has turned. Once Mueller and the NYSD prosectors office have enough evidence from him, they will go for Trump, then the real fireworks will begin.

History will not be kind to these batshit crazy fruitcakes who are propping him up.

Edited: when I mention say fireworks, I predict the very pillars US democracy will be pushed to breaking point or dare I say even toppled. Trump cares not one jot for anything or anyone but himself and will wreck what needs to be wrecked to protect himself. This is going to be a very very dangerous phase in US history.

Last edited by Mitaman (Fri 27 Jul 2018 12:40 am)

Mike Jones wrote:
Misura wrote:
Mike Jones wrote:

So how do you explain a prominent NEC member advocating that a holocaust denier not be deselected? That's seems pretty egregious antisemitism to me. Haven't followed the story closely but seems to me there's still a healthy distinction between antisemitism and anti-Zionism in the UK, unlike over here.

My view, is that there is serious concern that JC may actually win the next election and chose not to stop Brexit, choose not to replace trident & take a more active role in the other players in the middle east, amongst other policies. There is also concern from within the Blairites that he has taken the party leftwards, back towards Michael Foot, whereas the desired direction of travel is centre.

I think we are seeing/will see a concerted effort to dispose JC by whatever means possible. Accusations of anti antisemitism have been seen by some quarters as a weakness of JC due to his support of pro-Palestinian groups and Hamas and Hezbollah. He is probably viewed as being at best critical, at worst anti-israel, at a time when most political parties are keen to strengthen relationships. I fully appreciate the separate & distinct nature of members of the UK jewish community and the state of israel, but it is a relative easy/lazy play for the media to make.

I'm not suggesting that there are no anti Semites in the labour party, i'm suggesting that the whole thing has been deliberately blown out of proportion and the same spotlight hasn't been shone on other parties. Labour has a current membership of nearly 600,000 people, within that number you are bound to get a few twattish opinions and emails/post/memes.

JC attended the pass over meal recently and that was criticised too.

As you are aware, the issue was raised x years ago & a report was carried out by Shami Chakrabarti and found little evidence. The latest issue of the mural related to 2012, and was supposedly offered to news outlets in 2015 as a story, to little interest. Independent studies have shown that occurrences of anti semitism in the labour party have decreased under JC.

I believe that the current UK definition of anti semitism is based upon the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) working definition:

https://www.holocaustremembrance.com/si … mitism.pdf

and it has raised concern in some quarters regarding what is viewed as legitimate criticism of Israel.

Thanks for the ref, wasn't ware of the working definition:

“Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred
toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed
toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish
community institutions and religious facilities.”

If people are suggesting that it's antisemitic to criticize Israel based on this definition then they're on dodgy ground, a nation state cannot be classified as a Jewish community institution or religious facility.

Very odd on the radio today.  Apparently calling someone a "Trump apologist" is a "disgusting rant" and is also "anti-Semitic".  We you live and learn. 

Our media do work on some pretty malevolent ways.