Re: The Trump

Mitaman wrote:

Some of the daily shit that Wikileaks is churning out is quite damning on the whole Clinton campaign. The communication behind DNC politics is laid bare for all to see, and its very very ugly indeed.

I haven't read any of it.  Can you just do a potted couple of lines?  Are they not just picking one side though?  Surely they are no worse than the next modern high profile politician. 

Her problem seems to be that she's the establishment option and when a light is shone on such things it looks dirty (it is) but it's always been dirty.  Trump gains because he's not from the political establishment but a full portion cunt he remains and that seems to be secondary for many.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

Some of the daily shit that Wikileaks is churning out is quite damning on the whole Clinton campaign. The communication behind DNC politics is laid bare for all to see, and its very very ugly indeed.

I haven't read any of it.  Can you just do a potted couple of lines?  Are they not just picking one side though?  Surely they are no worse than the next modern high profile politician. 

Her problem seems to be that she's the establishment option and when a light is shone on such things it looks dirty (it is) but it's always been dirty. Trump gains because he's not from the political establishment but a full portion cunt he remains and that seems to be secondary for many.

Yes, I totally agree, but when you actually see it in black and white and looks worse than an eposide of 'House of Cards'. Just go on Twitter and have a flick down through all the stuff they are releasing. The absolute chaos it must be causing behind the scenes is unimaginable. All that bitching, back-stabbing, front-stabbing etc about each other on the same campaign team. They will be hating each other right now. But maybe the ''that's politics'' attitude will hold it all together.

Last edited by Mitaman (Wed 02 Nov 2016 1:08 am)

'Welcome @49ers to our family ...together to make the history of our glorious Club'   Kim J. U.

Share

Re: The Trump

Mitaman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

Some of the daily shit that Wikileaks is churning out is quite damning on the whole Clinton campaign. The communication behind DNC politics is laid bare for all to see, and its very very ugly indeed.

I haven't read any of it.  Can you just do a potted couple of lines?  Are they not just picking one side though?  Surely they are no worse than the next modern high profile politician. 

Her problem seems to be that she's the establishment option and when a light is shone on such things it looks dirty (it is) but it's always been dirty. Trump gains because he's not from the political establishment but a full portion cunt he remains and that seems to be secondary for many.

Yes, I totally agree, but when you actually see it in black and white and looks worse than an eposide of 'House of Cards'. Just go on Twitter and have a flick down through all the stuff they are releasing. The absolute chaos it must be causing behind the scenes is unimaginable. All that bitching, back-stabbing, front-stabbing etc about each other on the same campaign team. They will be hating each other right now. But maybe the ''that's politics'' attitude will hold it all together.

Yep and aren't campaign team members promised jobs if their guy wins?  Doesn't bode well for administrative harmony does it?   It's like an episode of Scandal.  Makes West Wing look like the Disney version.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

I haven't read any of it.  Can you just do a potted couple of lines?  Are they not just picking one side though?  Surely they are no worse than the next modern high profile politician. 

Her problem seems to be that she's the establishment option and when a light is shone on such things it looks dirty (it is) but it's always been dirty. Trump gains because he's not from the political establishment but a full portion cunt he remains and that seems to be secondary for many.

Yes, I totally agree, but when you actually see it in black and white and looks worse than an eposide of 'House of Cards'. Just go on Twitter and have a flick down through all the stuff they are releasing. The absolute chaos it must be causing behind the scenes is unimaginable. All that bitching, back-stabbing, front-stabbing etc about each other on the same campaign team. They will be hating each other right now. But maybe the ''that's politics'' attitude will hold it all together.

Yep and aren't campaign team members promised jobs if their guy wins?  Doesn't bode well for administrative harmony does it?   It's like an episode of Scandal.  Makes West Wing look like the Disney version.

Supposedly, but Podesta is soiled goods I suspect, Huma Ubadin is likely in serious shit as its obvious she lied under oath. She could well get thrown under the bus for the cause in any case. Not looking good if Hillary does get elected.

Ontop of that, there is likely to be a record turnout, more people voting thisi time in the whole of US history. This means queues, scuffles, people not getting to vote. For sure mini-riots will be breaking out all over the god'damm place.

What a bloody mess!

'Welcome @49ers to our family ...together to make the history of our glorious Club'   Kim J. U.

Share

Re: The Trump

Mitaman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

Yes, I totally agree, but when you actually see it in black and white and looks worse than an eposide of 'House of Cards'. Just go on Twitter and have a flick down through all the stuff they are releasing. The absolute chaos it must be causing behind the scenes is unimaginable. All that bitching, back-stabbing, front-stabbing etc about each other on the same campaign team. They will be hating each other right now. But maybe the ''that's politics'' attitude will hold it all together.

Yep and aren't campaign team members promised jobs if their guy wins?  Doesn't bode well for administrative harmony does it?   It's like an episode of Scandal.  Makes West Wing look like the Disney version.

Supposedly, but Podesta is soiled goods I suspect, Huma Ubadin is likely in serious shit as its obvious she lied under oath. She could well get thrown under the bus for the cause in any case. Not looking good if Hillary does get elected.

Ontop of that, there is likely to be a record turnout, more people voting thisi time in the whole of US history. This means queues, scuffles, people not getting to vote. For sure mini-riots will be breaking out all over the god'damm place.

What a bloody mess!

What I take from all this is that it's actually damaging to the US brand.  They are lucky that they still have such economic clout to be able to dictate to other countries but this is making them look bad on a diplomatic level.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Yep and aren't campaign team members promised jobs if their guy wins?  Doesn't bode well for administrative harmony does it?   It's like an episode of Scandal.  Makes West Wing look like the Disney version.

Supposedly, but Podesta is soiled goods I suspect, Huma Ubadin is likely in serious shit as its obvious she lied under oath. She could well get thrown under the bus for the cause in any case. Not looking good if Hillary does get elected.

Ontop of that, there is likely to be a record turnout, more people voting thisi time in the whole of US history. This means queues, scuffles, people not getting to vote. For sure mini-riots will be breaking out all over the god'damm place.

What a bloody mess!

What I take from all this is that it's actually damaging to the US brand.  They are lucky that they still have such economic clout to be able to dictate to other countries but this is making them look bad on a diplomatic level.

My main an over-riding concern is that the only reason the world has not blown itself up over the last 70 years is that the US has acted as the defacto world policeman. If Trump gets in and pulls up the drawbridge, there will be no stopping China and Russia. The DPRK will continue on their nuclear path without any consequences. All of this will be very damaging to America and American business. He appears to be unable to balance geo-political thinking with his global business agenda, they are completely and utterly inter-twined. So he whacks huge import tarriffs on China because they won't revalue their currency quick enough, how does he think they will respond? A clue is in the amount of US debt they buy to prop up the USA. A trade war would without question send the global economy into a depressive state or worse (Read: far far worse). These are worrying times we live in. Maybe I am just getting old, but I have dark feelings right now.

Last edited by Mitaman (Fri 04 Nov 2016 2:52 am)

'Welcome @49ers to our family ...together to make the history of our glorious Club'   Kim J. U.

Share

Re: The Trump

Anyone see the alleged assassination attempt on Trump today? A dangerous man armed with a "Republicans Against Trump" placard created a security clampdown that is now being lauded to show how assured Trump was when threatened.  A set up. Surely not?

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"

Share

Re: The Trump

What odds would I get for Michelle Obama vs Paul Ryan in 2024 following Ryan beating Clinton in 2010.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Wall Street up today. Wall Street doesn't like political change.

Share

Re: The Trump

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald

Share

Re: The Trump

Cuts wrote:

Wall Street up today. Wall Street doesn't like political change.

Yes indeed, Trump said he would curb the practices of the bankers (Read:Jewish bankers) , this is indeed good news for them. Business as usual if it goes Clinton's way.

'Welcome @49ers to our family ...together to make the history of our glorious Club'   Kim J. U.

Share

Re: The Trump

I'd love to see Clinton run the country. George that is. One nation under a groove.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: The Trump

I sincerely hope all these people holding out hope of manufacturing jobs coming back to America understand that a) they're going to have to accept lower wages adjusted for inflation than manufacturing jobs in America used to pay or b) the vast majority of Americans aren't going to be able to afford these new Made in America products.

It's a conversation I've had a few times and the levels of comprehension are not encouraging.

Share

Re: The Trump

The very concept of him winning and carrying out his plans puts me in mind of his obvious role model from Back to the Future 3:


http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Share

Re: The Trump

Cuts wrote:

I sincerely hope all these people holding out hope of manufacturing jobs coming back to America understand that a) they're going to have to accept lower wages adjusted for inflation than manufacturing jobs in America used to pay or b) the vast majority of Americans aren't going to be able to afford these new Made in America products.

It's a conversation I've had a few times and the levels of comprehension are not encouraging.

Yep.  They'll expect pensions too the fools.  Remember when Ford (may still be like that for all I know) was lumbered with pension costs so high that 1/3 of the cost of their cars was paying for retired car-workers' pensions?

They would hate this idea but they should have national insurance and the benefits of compound interest should be taught in schools.  Compulsory federal savings account for retirement.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

We do have NI but they call it Social Security. Worked great but they stole from it for other projects, got off Scot free, and then told the public they'd have to work longer as a consequence.

Had it out with a Make America Great Again bloke at work the other week. Shops at Walmart, has zero credibility.

Share

Re: The Trump

Cuts wrote:

We do have NI but they call it Social Security. Worked great but they stole from it for other projects, got off Scot free, and then told the public they'd have to work longer as a consequence.

Had it out with a Make America Great Again bloke at work the other week. Shops at Walmart, has zero credibility.

Cunts.  It's just like here I guess.  If you add up my NI contribs I should have a fucking ginormouse pension.  Actually so should everyone.  Parents should also be forced to have an NI annexe for each kid.  Not a whopping amount but enough to start a pension at 21 and carry it on.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Most of these systems work if the politicians don't steal from them for other projects. It's usually in the form of just borrowing but it never gets put back.

Share

Re: The Trump

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: The Trump

Tweeted the other day, if he could do that twice a season I'd vote for him.

Share

Re: The Trump

Trump ahead by look of things as they stand.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Betfair exchange gives him a 95% chance of winning.

Share

Re: The Trump

Smutty Lips wrote:

Betfair exchange gives him a 95% chance of winning.

The remaining undeclared states have him ahead in the voting.  Mexicans better get their trowels out.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Cue sexual assault law suits and repeated assasination attempts.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Looks like my neighbours will be cutting their own lawns from now on then. Fuck me, this is a disaster. Hope all those coffin dodgers in Florida go into cardiac arrest when they see the the hit their pensions just took. I'm off to bed for four years.

Share