Re: The Trump

Smutty Lips wrote:

Betfair exchange gives him a 95% chance of winning.

There was a point last night that Clinton was 1/16 with Trump 9/1. Someone will be quids in.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: The Trump

Looks like he's done it.....

So time for a new bet.  What will happen first:
a) disolution of NATO
b) suspension of habeas corpus
c) economic collapse

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The Trump

Cuts wrote:

Looks like my neighbours will be cutting their own lawns from now on then. Fuck me, this is a disaster. Hope all those coffin dodgers in Florida go into cardiac arrest when they see the the hit their pensions just took. I'm off to bed for four years.

Opportunities for teenagers across the country to mow lawns,  clean pools, babysit, work kitchens, bus tables, deliver shit etc.  It will get them used to the wages on offer in.Trump's America. 

He's going to rebuild all the roads, bridges and airports apparently.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Wed 09 Nov 2016 10:02 am)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Fuck em they've been shovelling this type of work ethic everywhere else in the world , let them have a taste of there own business acumen , he's been democratically elected which is more than can be said for ours

Share

Re: The Trump

I predict that for the "average" american absoutely fuck all will change.  The machine protects itself.

If we could change anything by voting, they wouldn't let us do it.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The Trump

space wrote:

I predict that for the "average" american absoutely fuck all will change.  The machine protects itself.

If we could change anything by voting, they wouldn't let us do it.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/c26b20d3523d58572c00a59fabfc6650/tumblr_mtzmeqC16Z1qcga5ro1_500.gif

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Re: The Trump

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2016/11/09/IMG_20161109_131616.jpg

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: The Trump

The simpsons predicted it 16 yrs ago

Share

Re: The Trump

Opportunities for teenagers across the country to mow lawns,  clean pools, babysit, work kitchens, bus tables, deliver shit etc.  It will get them used to the wages on offer in.Trump's America.

Why do you think illegal immigrants are doing these jobs in the first place?

Share

Re: The Trump

Trump 59,088,024 votes. Clinton 59,238,524 votes. The bloke who didn't know where Aleppo was 4,012,795. Jill Stein 1,196,095.

Now there's a country at war with it's self. Hope the 9% of 18 to 29 year olds who voted for The bloke who didn't know where Aleppo was are happy with the consequences of their probable protest votes today. I'm sure they'll feel it the most.

Share

Re: The Trump

Cuts wrote:

Opportunities for teenagers across the country to mow lawns,  clean pools, babysit, work kitchens, bus tables, deliver shit etc.  It will get them used to the wages on offer in.Trump's America.

Why do you think illegal immigrants are doing these jobs in the first place?

Lazy spoilt cunt entitled brats?  Beavis and Butthead reincarnations making "memes" and becoming "YouTubers" in their bedrooms?

Trump wants them to take jobs off the Chinese.  Good luck with that.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

I might be blinded by hindsight but surely we all saw this coming? Clinton was disliked, yes experienced, but there were huge swathes of the electorate (including her own party members) she failed to connect with. She came across as unauthentic, in it for the ride and for the tick on her CV. She also pissed huge amounts of democrats off with the way Sanders was handled. The old adage, you fight fire with fire, couldn't be more apt with this one. It was always going to be both a polarised and populist election and she simply didn't cut it as a steady Eddie, she needed to inspire which I think she scores quite poorly on  Trump versus Sanders. Sanders would have fired up the people who didn't vote. Trump won by mobilising those that seldom voted. Bernie would have done the same. Shame on the DNC for not seeing this when many did see this as a street fight for votes from people who had given up and needed galvanising to make a stand and vote. Trump did that, he had a movement. Clinton rode on the fact she had the credentials and that she wasn't Donald Trump. Although she did throw millions at building a voter turn-out strategy. Trump spent nothing on encouraging people to vote. Didn't have to. Sanders would have had a similar energy and authenticity to Trump. The DNC only has itself to blame, it was their election to lose pitting 30+ years experience against a TV personality with none.

Good luck Cuts!

Last edited by king of the slums (Wed 09 Nov 2016 4:23 pm)

Share

Re: The Trump

Also, Trump did okay for a stalking horse / straw-man and a patsy for the ruling elites in a rigged election. The tin-hat brigade are quiet tonight..

Share

Re: The Trump

Oh, I think it's more than just America's problem.

Share

Re: The Trump

king of the slums wrote:

I might be blinded by hindsight but surely we all saw this coming? Clinton was disliked, yes experienced, but there were huge swathes of the electorate (including her own party members) she failed to connect with. She came across as unauthentic, in it for the ride and for the tick on her CV. She also pissed huge amounts of democrats off with the way Sanders was handled. The old adage, you fight fire with fire, couldn't be more apt with this one. It was always going to be both a polarised and populist election and she simply didn't cut it as a steady Eddie, she needed to inspire which I think she scores quite poorly on  Trump versus Sanders. Sanders would have fired up the people who didn't vote. Trump won by mobilising those that seldom voted. Bernie would have done the same. Shame on the DNC for not seeing this when many did see this as a street fight for votes from people who had given up and needed galvanising to make a stand and vote. Trump did that, he had a movement. Clinton rode on the fact she had the credentials and that she wasn't Donald Trump. Although she did throw millions at building a voter turn-out strategy. Trump spent nothing on encouraging people to vote. Didn't have to. Sanders would have had a similar energy and authenticity to Trump. The DNC only has itself to blame, it was their election to lose pitting 30+ years experience against a TV personality with none.

Good luck Cuts!

This.  Imagine the "Commie" stuff Trump would have come up with for Bernie though?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Comforting to know the nuclear codes are in safe hands.

Share

Re: The Trump

Small safe hands.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: The Trump

Cuts wrote:

Trump 59,088,024 votes. Clinton 59,238,524 votes. The bloke who didn't know where Aleppo was 4,012,795. Jill Stein 1,196,095.

Now there's a country at war with it's self. Hope the 9% of 18 to 29 year olds who voted for The bloke who didn't know where Aleppo was are happy with the consequences of their probable protest votes today. I'm sure they'll feel it the most.

45% couldn't even be bothered to vote lowest turnout in a long while , it basically means only a quarter of the country voted for him

Share

Re: The Trump

king of the slums wrote:

Also, Trump did okay for a stalking horse / straw-man and a patsy for the ruling elites..

I stand by that 100%. No-one, including the democrats, the republicans, the media, the experts or anyone here gave him a prayer of passing the primaries. But if you will give people the vote, sometimes they'll surprise you. He was there to be a shoe-in for Clinton, it backfired spectacularly.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Re: The Trump

Trump acrually apes a lot of what Sanders was saying.  Spend on infrastructure.  Jobs, hope, even if it was pie in the sky.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Can't help thinking Sanders would have edged it and motivated people who wanted change and to be heard. He would have been a great president too, shame he got shafted.

Share

Re: The Trump

The underlying problem, as with the UK, is globalization. Milwaukee, Detroit, Middlesborough, Merthyr Tydvil, they are all the same. It has ripped the hearts out of these places and nobody has done anything about it.

Who gives a flying fuck about a bloke who says 'blokish' things when you have just lost your job and have 3 kids to feed? To make it worse you have the liberal press (and it really is) telling you that you are an uneducated thick fuck and how you should think about gay right etcs, in that sneering way that they specilise in.

I am very very worried about Trump it has to be said, but he nailed it on the main problem. Of course a large percentage of his voter base are racist twats, but the far greater percentage are certainly not.

On foreign policy Trump could be a disaster. When Dutuerte starts calling him a ''son of whore'', will Trump ignore it like Obama? No he won't. he will respond in kind, which will push the Philippines even closer to China. That gets the rest of Asia very nervous. If he pulls US troops out of Japan and South Korea, does any body want to take a stab at what is likely to happen? Japan is already re-arming itself under the covers, not good.

Last edited by Mitaman (Fri 11 Nov 2016 1:56 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: The Trump

erobehterog wrote:
Cuts wrote:

Trump 59,088,024 votes. Clinton 59,238,524 votes. The bloke who didn't know where Aleppo was 4,012,795. Jill Stein 1,196,095.

Now there's a country at war with it's self. Hope the 9% of 18 to 29 year olds who voted for The bloke who didn't know where Aleppo was are happy with the consequences of their probable protest votes today. I'm sure they'll feel it the most.

45% couldn't even be bothered to vote lowest turnout in a long while , it basically means only a quarter of the country voted for him

Turnout was 55.6%. Clintz won 360,000 more votes than Trump.

Share

Re: The Trump

We done this yet?

This, this, this this this

Share

Re: The Trump

king of the slums wrote:

We done this yet?

This, this, this this this

Perfect!

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share