Topic: The mid-November Christmas thread.

Yep.  All sorted.

Everyones presents are bought, paid for and wrapped, the meat is in freezer.  All I have to do is by veggies for the dinner just before xmas.  All by November 14th. 

Got to be a record.

Re: The mid-November Christmas thread.

Congratulations.

I'm doing one abroad for 3 weeks.

So technically, given no ones getting nowt from me, I cleared this in October. On a technicality, like.

I've always regretted giving my Mrs access to my Amazon account - we're always having things turn up she's randomly ordered

However,  the point has been tipped!  An e-mail confirmation came through yesterday of her most recent orders:

1 x Tottenham Hotspur single duvet cover
1 x Manchester City single duvet cover

What the hell is she thinking?!?!

Just because my 5-year old thinks he supports Spurs "because I'm called Harry and Harry Kane plays for them" and my 7-year old thinks he supports Citeh "because they're good" doesn't mean she has to infest the house with shit like that!!!!

I despair

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

I got my lad a Leeds kit.  He took one look and said "but they're shite".  Didn't try again.

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

I've always regretted giving my Mrs access to my Amazon account - we're always having things turn up she's randomly ordered

However,  the point has been tipped!  An e-mail confirmation came through yesterday of her most recent orders:

1 x Tottenham Hotspur single duvet cover
1 x Manchester City single duvet cover

What the hell is she thinking?!?!

Just because my 5-year old thinks he supports Spurs "because I'm called Harry and Harry Kane plays for them" and my 7-year old thinks he supports Citeh "because they're good" doesn't mean she has to infest the house with shit like that!!!!

I despair

It gets worse.  Turns out I'm also buying my own Christmas presents this year from my Mrs and the boys from my Amazon Prime account.......!  Apparently I'm not supposed to look at the confirmation e-mails to my OWN e-mail account as it will spoil the surprise.  She's good,  I'll give her that big_smile

One of the Indian lads I work with (foolishly) asked me about X-Box recommendations for his 9-year old

Said I had no idea cos i don't

He's saying stuff about 360,  1,  1S - possibility of games not working on different upgrades etc etc

Help!

The one S runs much faster than the one.   I recommend paying 60 to 70 quid for a USB 3 external 2to drive as the basic model runs out of storage fast.  You also need superfast broadband to own a one.

Mu lad's got the X box 1. Not sure if we have Superfast broadband but works fine. The 360's the older model.

Site stalwart.

Cheers gents - I'll pass it on

I would imagine he has good broadband speed as he works from home quite a bit with big file sizes etc

Got the nipper a drum kit and an Anpanman scooter, living vicariously through her as you do.. smile

Few beers, get the year over with, do me.

snake hips

Buying the tree tomorrow but it still seems a while away.
Me and the Mrs have a £20 limit for each other. Daughter is getting a MTB. And she asked for it, no influence from me.....honest....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Lad is getting toys. Transformers Rescue Bots is the current favourite

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

My lad wants a top hat, monocle and walking cane. The oddball.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

big_smile

Brilliant

I blame his mother's Black Country roots. Wannabe Noddy Holder.

Site stalwart.

The top hat bit I mean.

Site stalwart.

AS TOUNG CHILDTEN ARE TAUGHT IN PRIMARY SCHOOL, CHRISTMAS WAS ADDED TO EXISTING PAGAN AND DRUIDICAL MID-WINTER FRSTIVALS SUCH AS " SAHMAIN".  CHRISTMAS AS A RECOGNISABLE MODERN PHENOMENON BEGAN IN THE NINETEEN CENTURY. PREVIOUSLY THERE WAS NO PROOF OF THE EXISTENCE OF "FATHER CHRISTMAS". HE AND HIS  "ELVES" SHOULD SURELY BE REGARDED IN THE SAME WAY AS FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTERS. (THE ELVES IN " THE LORD OF THE RINGS" BY J.R.R. TOLKIEN ARE FAR SUPERIOR).
NOW OF COURSE BECAUSE OF TABLOID NEWSPAPERS AND THEIR ASSOCIATED WEBSITES WE CANNOT EVEN WISH EACH OTHER "MERRY WINTERFELL"

GRRR...ANGRY wrote:

AS TOUNG CHILDTEN ARE TAUGHT IN PRIMARY SCHOOL, CHRISTMAS WAS ADDED TO EXISTING PAGAN AND DRUIDICAL MID-WINTER FRSTIVALS SUCH AS " SAHMAIN".  CHRISTMAS AS A RECOGNISABLE MODERN PHENOMENON BEGAN IN THE NINETEEN CENTURY. PREVIOUSLY THERE WAS NO PROOF OF THE EXISTENCE OF "FATHER CHRISTMAS". HE AND HIS  "ELVES" SHOULD SURELY BE REGARDED IN THE SAME WAY AS FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTERS. (THE ELVES IN " THE LORD OF THE RINGS" BY J.R.R. TOLKIEN ARE FAR SUPERIOR).
NOW OF COURSE BECAUSE OF TABLOID NEWSPAPERS AND THEIR ASSOCIATED WEBSITES WE CANNOT EVEN WISH EACH OTHER "MERRY WINTERFELL"

Hello WYFSC

England rugby shirt just arrived from Ingurandu. He just needs to be good for another 13 days and he gets it. Not sure that's possible.

Very quick, from the rugbystore.co.uk

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Harvest wrote:

Got him a top hat and monocle from an eBay fancy dress site. He's also getting a Leeds kit. These will be the photos I'm showing his wife in 20 years.

Site stalwart.

My lad wanted a black suit and a bowler hat.  I thought that he already has enough going on to bully him about.

To be fair though he is in Madness.

Site stalwart.

What is it with women and shops!!!  Ffs mine are bastard obsessed.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

What is it with women and shops!!!  Ffs mine are bastard obsessed.

You said it, pal.
wink

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Harvest wrote:
Harvest wrote:

Got him a top hat and monocle from an eBay fancy dress site. He's also getting a Leeds kit. These will be the photos I'm showing his wife in 20 years.

If he wears the top hat and monocle, chances are, he won't have a wife in 20 years?

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'