Topic: T2: Trainspotting

Expected it to be a huge disappointment but thought it was brilliant.

Funny, sad, nostalgic, poignant, another largely great soundtrack. 

Highly recommended. Get it watched.

Re: T2: Trainspotting

Hear nothing but good things about T2. Spare a thought, I don't think it's out until 17th March over here.

I'm off to watch this on my own. Might take some cans.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

It's Boyle in it.   Not made anything shit.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Slumdog Millionaire?

Just had a look on IMDB, he definatley has.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000965/

Last edited by Cuts (Wed 01 Feb 2017 7:30 pm)

Harvest wrote:

I'm off to watch this on my own. Might take some cans.

Same here. Taking a bottle of Buckfast.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Agree with Kermode; interesting how Spud was a central character this time, not peripheral.

Thought it was a bit messy overall but with some great set pieces- howling at the scene with they Rangers cunts in the pub

"We are The Fall"

Cuts wrote:

Slumdog Millionaire?

Just had a look on IMDB, he definatley has.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000965/

What ever I've seen has been OK.

Young Marxist - Spud, to me, was the highlight of the film. The "stars" are great too but loved how they developed his character.

The Hun Lodge scene possibly one of my favourite scenes in any film, ever.  Particularly amusing if you're a Scottish football fan.  Might be somewhat lost on an international market. I saw it was opening in Italy yesterday - fck knows what they'd make of it.

Trainspotting a somewhat strange cultural phenomenon in Scotland.  Box office figures at weekend through the roof.  The cinema we watched it in had it on 15 times last Saturday.  Everyone I know has either seen it or is going to see it.  Young, old, acid house casualties, straight pegs - completely across the board and everyone seems to have loved it.  I've just checked and it's on at all four cinemas in Aberdeen today with 29 viewings!  Weird seeing as it's hardly a flattering image of our nation or national psyche.

Mate of mine at work used to go salmon fishing inside the Finnish Arctic circle every year and all the local kids wanted to talk about was Trainspotting.  Weird how a film about Leith smackheads has such a global appeal.

Is it worth £13.99 on Sky?

£13.99??? You get a wrap of heroin with that?

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

£13.99??? You get a wrap of heroin with that?

It's the only option.  They send you the dvd too.  Found it on tinternet in the end.  Really liked it.

Not Now Cato wrote:

Young Marxist - Spud, to me, was the highlight of the film. The "stars" are great too but loved how they developed his character.

The Hun Lodge scene possibly one of my favourite scenes in any film, ever.  Particularly amusing if you're a Scottish football fan.  Might be somewhat lost on an international market. I saw it was opening in Italy yesterday - fck knows what they'd make of it.

Trainspotting a somewhat strange cultural phenomenon in Scotland.  Box office figures at weekend through the roof.  The cinema we watched it in had it on 15 times last Saturday.  Everyone I know has either seen it or is going to see it.  Young, old, acid house casualties, straight pegs - completely across the board and everyone seems to have loved it.  I've just checked and it's on at all four cinemas in Aberdeen today with 29 viewings!  Weird seeing as it's hardly a flattering image of our nation or national psyche.

Mate of mine at work used to go salmon fishing inside the Finnish Arctic circle every year and all the local kids wanted to talk about was Trainspotting.  Weird how a film about Leith smackheads has such a global appeal.

I watched it last night and loved it. Its something to be applauded if a film about Scottish drug addicts can be a mainstream and counter cture success.

The lodge scene was indeed ace, it had echoes of “No Surrender”.

Am I the only one who was a bit underwhelmed? Some of the scenes were direct duplicates of Trainspotting 1. Thought it suffered a bit due to the iconic nature of the original - a bit self-conscious. It looked and sounded great, of course, but it was more like a series of flashy set pieces than a coherent whole. And what sort of prison was Begbie in?!?! It was more like a swish hi-tech post-modern conference centre.

Last edited by Rudi (Sun 08 Oct 2017 11:05 pm)