Topic: Ranieri sacked

Modern football eh.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Its okay though, they did it with heavy heart and Owen Coyle is available.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Hope they go down.   Let's see them shift on 7 or 8 lazy cunts who are 1 year into 3 on 100k a week.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

It should be a good metaphor for life.

A man leading his team to championship victory by way of his "genius management" one season - then sacked the next as a clueless cunt. It happened to Mourinho the year before. It seems to happen all the time at the top level in football. Messianic "genius managers" hauled in to sort out a club's troubles.

However, it just goes to show, that if your employees don't want or have to put in a decent effort for you, you're fucked.

However, in the real, non-football world, I guess there's not many of us on here on a multi-million pound contract that is guaranteed to be paid up however shit we do the job, leading to the equivalent of warming the subs' bench in the reserve team.

So we are forced to do enough to at least survive, allowing our "genius (fuckwit) managers" to get away with their incompetencies.

Not that it seems to impact on football "genius managers". They seem to be more easily re-cyclable than aluminium cans.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Disgraceful decision after all he achieved last season. If ever we needed proof that the game we once loved has gone for good, then this is it. He masterminded the most romantic story in PL history, then is unceremoniously cast out because of owners' greed and a bunch of overpaid, underperforming players. Relegation is what they deserve now. And the timing of the sacking shows that the owners do not understand football, as losing 2-1 to Seville away was an impressive result by any English club's (overrated) standard.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Kante, some player.

Good luck trying to move those players on if they go down.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Cuts wrote:

Kante, some player.

Good luck trying to move those players on if they go down.

He is the key now for Chelsea, and was last year for Leicester. I agree 100% with Pip, very sad for football indeed. That said, I hope that Ipswich beat your lot this weekend....

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

pipoldchap wrote:

Disgraceful decision after all he achieved last season. If ever we needed proof that the game we once loved has gone for good, then this is it. He masterminded the most romantic story in PL history, then is unceremoniously cast out because of owners' greed and a bunch of overpaid, underperforming players. Relegation is what they deserve now. And the timing of the sacking shows that the owners do not understand football, as losing 2-1 to Seville away was an impressive result by any English club's (overrated) standard.

This

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Fingers crossed the bin dippers will drop like a stone now.


Who might they get in as any sort of replacement at this stage of the season.

Aim Low and miss...

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

danpiesley wrote:

Fingers crossed the bin dippers will drop like a stone now.


Who might they get in as any sort of replacement at this stage of the season.

what have the scousers got to do with this?

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Tolley wrote:

It should be a good metaphor for life.

A man leading his team to championship victory by way of his "genius management" one season - then sacked the next as a clueless cunt. It happened to Mourinho the year before. It seems to happen all the time at the top level in football. Messianic "genius managers" hauled in to sort out a club's troubles.

However, it just goes to show, that if your employees don't want or have to put in a decent effort for you, you're fucked.

However, in the real, non-football world, I guess there's not many of us on here on a multi-million pound contract that is guaranteed to be paid up however shit we do the job, leading to the equivalent of warming the subs' bench in the reserve team.

So we are forced to do enough to at least survive, allowing our "genius (fuckwit) managers" to get away with their incompetencies.

Not that it seems to impact on football "genius managers". They seem to be more easily re-cyclable than aluminium cans.

Ranieri will pick up a stash of cash managing in China - put money on it

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

I think this proves that football isn't about football anymore
It's about money
Last season was the exception to the rule
Teams who have the most win the most
The gap money wise between the premiership and championship is so wide now
Any owner can't be blamed for trying anything and everything to avoid the drop
That's one reason I don't mind being in the championship
With the odd exception it's a fairly level playing field so much less predictable

ambition beyond ability

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

#jesuislineker first they came for europeans, then the child refugees and now ranieri. When will the pain stop?

It's not a surprise is it? The signs were there before the end of last season. The players changed in their behaviour towards him, showing a lack of respect. It was if, they'd mentally switched from thinking their success was down to him, to thinking that it was all down to them and he was a passenger. That has increased this year tenfold with increases in salaries, perks, etc. Vardy & Mahrez have not broken sweat this season. He's basically gone with 10/11 of last years team playing near enough the same formation, and strengthened whilst dropping Ulloa, he's hardly gone all rinus 'fucking' michels on them. Plus it's a sad state of affairs if Vardy honestly needs reminding to run with the ball and shoot, or mahrez to beat the first man at set pieces.

It was very similar to swansea, you start getting stories in the press from dressing room leaks about the players not liking training/selections/substitutions, etc. Mancini & Hididnk are favourites to replace him. Both totally inappropriate for the job in hand. Who would i get? Warnock on a short term deal with a £1m bonus to keep 'em up. Then if successful, get someone in at season end and give them free reign to cull the shit, back stabbing bastards. Leicester are currently 7/4 to go down. I'm sticking a lump on it. If they go down, they will never come back again.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Imagine being a Leicester fan 18 months ago when they were staring relegation in the face. You're told then that not only will you avoid relegation, you'll win the league next season and have a good chance in the Champions League the season after but then be relegated. You'd take it in a heartbeat.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Championship's more fun anyway.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Harvest wrote:

Championship's more fun anyway.

It totally is, though. Four years of the Premier League and I've had more than enough of it. Which is just as bloody well.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

The enemy within.
That Shakespeare comes across as sneaky,divisive, two faced cunt.
He almost managed to look the sky reporter in the eye when interviewed yesterday.
As for Vardy....how can anyone trust a cunt with an haircut like that?

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

What i can never understand, and it seems to be on the rise, is the players stopping playing for the manager. You would have thought the sensible thing would be to have a team meeting, and agree that although we hate the fucking manager, we'll get do our best, get to season's end and then sort it out then with the club hierarchy as a collective. You've got journeymen pro's, who appear to have either actively or complicity, thrown away the chance to get to an FA quarter final and a champions league quarter final. For what? The manager had the audacity to switch from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 at half time? That he chose Musa ahead of Gray? That he doesn't present his ideas tot he team for their acceptance? Do they really think the chance will come again? Or that Real Madrid will come a-knockin'?

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Don't they get win bonuses any more?

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

After their "champion" performance against Liverpool, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that they had downed tools until they got what they wanted--Ranieri gone--despite their protestations to the contrary. They didn't just shaft their boss, they've been cheating their loyal fans all season long, the ones who pay their astronomical wages. In any other profession, they would have been the ones to be sacked for failing to show up at work. Nasty, greedy c****

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Anyone seen the Schmeichel interview?  I'm no body language expert but that lad looked like he was lying through his teeth.  Avoiding the question like he was Minister for Bullshit.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

This

I was watching it last night and couldn't believe the difference in the team - Mahrez the most obvious

Then old Steptoe comes out with the moaning saying how they "were fired up by the criticism they'd received after the sacking of Ranieri"

What about how shite they'd been playing and how everyone was c*nting them off?  Didn't that "fire them up"

C*nts the lot of them

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

You have to feel for the players though to be fair.  I mean someone may have not given them enough free gold or they may not have had enough aggressive sex with teenage girls that week.  Ranieri may not have supported the recruitment of extra door openers, cutlery operators or arse kissers on the back of their new found world class status.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

This

I was watching it last night and couldn't believe the difference in the team - Mahrez the most obvious

Then old Steptoe comes out with the moaning saying how they "were fired up by the criticism they'd received after the sacking of Ranieri"

What about how shite they'd been playing and how everyone was c*nting them off?  Didn't that "fire them up"

C*nts the lot of them

Facing relegation, justifying their wages or trying to save ranieri's job, didn't flick their collective switches. A little bit of 'unfair criticism' and they go ape shit.

Share

Re: Ranieri sacked

Misura wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

This

I was watching it last night and couldn't believe the difference in the team - Mahrez the most obvious

Then old Steptoe comes out with the moaning saying how they "were fired up by the criticism they'd received after the sacking of Ranieri"

What about how shite they'd been playing and how everyone was c*nting them off?  Didn't that "fire them up"

C*nts the lot of them

Facing relegation, justifying their wages or trying to save ranieri's job, didn't flick their collective switches. A little bit of 'unfair criticism' and they go ape shit.

Poor little souls

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share