Re: Ranieri sacked

I wonder if his style of management had a shelf life, a bit like Mourinho's? Mourinho's victimhood/ everyone is against us style of management only has a two season shelf life for a given team I think. Unless you change the team, its a tired style and ceases to work.

Ranieri's 'Dilly Dong' Pavlov's dog style of pitch side management also has a shelf life too? Particularly as other teams now watch out for it and know what is going on. Do you think these is an element of this?

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mitaman wrote:

I wonder if his style of management had a shelf life, a bit like Mourinho's? Mourinho's victimhood/ everyone is against us style of management only has a two season shelf life for a given team I think. Unless you change the team, its a tired style and ceases to work.

Ranieri's 'Dilly Dong' Pavlov's dog style of pitch side management also has a shelf life too? Particularly as other teams now watch out for it and know what is going on. Do you think these is an element of this?

A good point. I don't know. I think mourinho at chelsea was difficult because there were rumours of shagging & cliques & leaks and power struggles, a bit like moyes at manu. Saying that, Moyes was left a turd burger by ferguson with zaha, and then inexplicably ordered a side of turd fries to go with it by buying felliani. Also with mourinho, i think he has to have the right players for his style to work. It was obvious that hazard & fabregas weren't that type of player. Ranieri seemed to be losing the respect of the squad at the end of last season, players mocking him & chucking drinks on him. At the time it was dismissed as high jinks, but it wouldn't have been done to pearson. I think ranieri deliberately played the innocent Italian abroad, but perhaps that came back to bite him. Whether they were only ever putting up with him i don't know. I don't think keeping coaches from the previous regime ever works. I wouldn't be surprised if shakespeare gets the gig until the end of the season & beyond. I suspect the players are of the mind set that they're worldbeaters if you bookend the results from pearson's last half season and ranieri's full one. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the fucking champions league, judging by their miraculous change in form.

A lot has been made about loosing Kante, but he wasn't that good. i read a report saying that he protected the back four, and without him they were exposed. Yes & no, he certainly did that, but he was helped by his mates. This season, prior to the liverpool game, no body appeared to be doing anything for anyone. No runs off the ball into space, no tracking back or decoy runs. Suddenly versus liverpool everyones doing it. Vardy, who's spent the season looking like he's got myalgic encephalomyelitis, suddenly is back to the player he was last season.

Last edited by Misura (Wed 01 Mar 2017 12:23 pm)

Misura wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

A good point. I don't know. I think mourinho at chelsea was difficult because there were rumours of shagging & cliques & leaks and power struggles, a bit like moyes at manu. Saying that, Moyes was left a turd burger by ferguson with zaha, and then inexplicably ordered a sid eof turd fries to go with it by buying felliani. Also with mourinho, i think he has to have the right players for his style to work. It was obvious that hazard & fabregas weren't that type of player. Ranieri seemed to be loosing the respect of the squad at the end of last season, players mocking him & chucking drinks on him. At the time it was dismissed as high jinks, but it wouldn't have been done to pearson. I think ranieri deliberately played the innocent Italian abroad, but perhaps that came back to bite him. Whether they were only ever putting up with him i don't know. I don't think keeping coaches from the previous regime ever works. I wouldn't be surprised if shakespeare gets the gig until the end of the season & beyond.

A lot has been made about loosing Kante, but he wasn't that good. i read a report saying that he protected the back four, and without him they were exposed. Yes & no, he certainly did that, but he was helped by his mates. This season, prior to the liverpool game, no body appeared to be doing anything for anyone. No runs off the ball into space, no tracking back or decoy runs. Suddenly versus liverpool everyones doing it. Vardy, who's spent the season looking like he's got myalgic encephalomyelitis, suddenly is back to the player he was last season.

He would have killed every last one of them.  I've never seen a man so full of, barely contained, boiling rage.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Sitts pushes him close. It verges on poetry. 'Terry' was Terry Howard, who was on his 397th appearance for the club. neutral

Last edited by Misura (Wed 01 Mar 2017 12:37 pm)

Misura wrote:

Sitts pushes him close. It verges on poetry. 'Terry' was Terry Howard, who was on his 397th appearance for the club. neutral

Always good to watch is that.  That's football. 

"Bring your dinner.......cos you're gonna need it".......ha ha ha.

Wasn't Pearson's lad one of the little shits who got fired for that sextape?  Imagine the repressed temperance protestant style carpeting he got.

Misura wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

A good point. I don't know. I think mourinho at chelsea was difficult because there were rumours of shagging & cliques & leaks and power struggles, a bit like moyes at manu. Saying that, Moyes was left a turd burger by ferguson with zaha, and then inexplicably ordered a side of turd fries to go with it by buying felliani. Also with mourinho, i think he has to have the right players for his style to work. It was obvious that hazard & fabregas weren't that type of player. Ranieri seemed to be losing the respect of the squad at the end of last season, players mocking him & chucking drinks on him. At the time it was dismissed as high jinks, but it wouldn't have been done to pearson. I think ranieri deliberately played the innocent Italian abroad, but perhaps that came back to bite him. Whether they were only ever putting up with him i don't know. I don't think keeping coaches from the previous regime ever works. I wouldn't be surprised if shakespeare gets the gig until the end of the season & beyond. I suspect the players are of the mind set that they're worldbeaters if you bookend the results from pearson's last half season and ranieri's full one. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the fucking champions league, judging by their miraculous change in form.

Makes me chuckle that given that Conte doesn't seem to have the same problem.
That said,Mourinho's doing alright so far...there's a good chance they'll add either the FA Cup or Europa League to the League cup acquisition and most likely finish top 4 to qualify for the CL.

Given it's his first season in charge anyway he was already on a free pass.

Unfortunately for him that ups the ante for next season and they'll expect him to deliver on either the PL or CL.
Trouble is,there's a lot of inflated ego's at Man Utd these days,Pogba,Zlatan and Rooney to name but 3 and given that Mourinho likes it to be all about him,I fully expect him to implode again next season, probably around or just after Xmas time and then the search starts again.

As for Ranieri,agree about the shelf life to a degree but he deserved far better than he got from the pleyers this season and that performance against the Mickeys the other night bordered on the obscene in comparison with the effort they've displayed before that.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

I think Conte's a cool cat, it wouldn't surprise me if he wins the prem, puts it at the top of his CV & uses as a bargaining chip to get a good deal at Inter/AC/Juve next season. I suspect he realises that the current team won't pull any trees out in the champions league next year & possibly his style of management only has a limited shelf life and the irrefutable fact that hazard and fabregeas aren't the type of player to respond well to a second season of high emotional intensity football. big_smile Plus I suspect he's clever enough to spot the double finned cuntfish that is the lampard & terry management dream team swimming up behind him. "Whatcha up to Fwankie boy?" "Not much mi owd mucka, just doing them wafa badges".

It's a funny one, they're top of the league, but they have the appearance of team of individuals who'd rather be somewhere else next year.

Last edited by Misura (Wed 01 Mar 2017 2:11 pm)

Misura wrote:

I think Conte's a cool cat

Running "gag" in Italy about Antonio having a cat on his head (hair transplant).

I don't think Conte (or Ranieri) would ever expect to be in a job beyond a season or two. He's probably not the great anglophile that Mancini is, so yes, could well be back in Italy before too long. Be a big deal if he did go to Inter, but I guess Trapattoni did it, so could happen.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Misura wrote:

I think Conte's a cool cat, it wouldn't surprise me if he wins the prem, puts it at the top of his CV & uses as a bargaining chip to get a good deal at Inter/AC/Juve next season. I suspect he realises that the current team won't pull any trees out in the champions league next year & possibly his style of management only has a limited shelf life and the irrefutable fact that hazard and fabregeas aren't the type of player to respond well to a second season of high emotional intensity football. big_smile Plus I suspect he's clever enough to spot the double finned cuntfish that is the lampard & terry management dream team swimming up behind him. "Whatcha up to Fwankie boy?" "Not much mi owd mucka, just doing them wafa badges".

It's a funny one, they're top of the league, but they have the appearance of team of individuals who'd rather be somewhere else next year.

Next strapline please.

"We are The Fall"

Thank you most kindly

"We are The Fall"

fulmine wrote:
Misura wrote:

I think Conte's a cool cat

Running "gag" in Italy about Antonio having a cat on his head (hair transplant).

I don't think Conte (or Ranieri) would ever expect to be in a job beyond a season or two. He's probably not the great anglophile that Mancini is, so yes, could well be back in Italy before too long. Be a big deal if he did go to Inter, but I guess Trapattoni did it, so could happen.

That's no coincidence, my posts aren't just thrown together, they're carefully crafted. big_smile

Fulmine, you're just the gentleman to settle an argument. I was having an agreement with a mate about Conte, I could swear that he got a slapping when he was on his holidays in Italy once. He was on the beach and got into a scuffle with some ultras, nothing too serious black eye & split lip. Possible 6 or 7 years ago. Ring any bells? If it wasn't him, if was definitely a youngish Italian manager.

Yes, he was, when he was coach of Bari. Happened in Lecce (where he's from), who are big local rivals.

Surprised at how well Conte comes across as Chelsea manager. Always seen as a stroppy, pompous git in Italy, but he seems to have won everyone over in England. Wonder if the idea of returning to the Italian football madhouse might actually be something of a turn-off for him now...

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

fulmine wrote:

Yes, he was, when he was coach of Bari. Happened in Lecce (where he's from), who are big local rivals.

Surprised at how well Conte comes across as Chelsea manager. Always seen as a stroppy, pompous git in Italy, but he seems to have won everyone over in England. Wonder if the idea of returning to the Italian football madhouse might actually be something of a turn-off for him now...

Maybe he could return, but the hair-piece could stay and manage Chelsea? I'm thinking out loud here obviously..

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

So, the glorious revival continues. Playing out of their skins again, doing Liverpool, Hull, then knocking one of the best teams in Europe out of the CL. You're not going to tell me that they couldn't have still played like that under Ranieri. Relegation plus getting embarrassingly slaughtered by Barca (or pick any other giant) is all these ungrateful, swindling  c**** deserve. If I were a LCFC supporter, I'd be asking for a fair bit of my money back. It's a prime example of why so much in football (especially the PL) disgusts me now.

pipoldchap wrote:

So, the glorious revival continues. Playing out of their skins again, doing Liverpool, Hull, then knocking one of the best teams in Europe out of the CL. You're not going to tell me that they couldn't have still played like that under Ranieri. Relegation plus getting embarrassingly slaughtered by Barca (or pick any other giant) is all these ungrateful, swindling  c**** deserve. If I were a LCFC supporter, I'd be asking for a fair bit of my money back. It's a prime example of why so much in football (especially the PL) disgusts me now.

So you don't think its due to the skillfull manangement of  Craig Slimface then ?

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

So you don't think its due to the skillfull manangement of  Craig Slimface then ?

Slimface appears to be doing a good job and the players are playing for him. My point is that it shows they can still perform to previous standards at a moment's notice and could therefore have continued to do so for Ranieri. Instead, they stopped playing for him--a professionally unacceptable and treacherous act toward both him and the supporters who pay their inflated wages.

pipoldchap wrote:
Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

Slimface appears to be doing a good job and the players are playing for him. My point is that it shows they can still perform to previous standards at a moment's notice and could therefore have continued to do so for Ranieri. Instead, they stopped playing for him--a professionally unacceptable and treacherous act toward both him and the supporters who pay their inflated wages.

It probably happened a lot in the olden days only I can't remember it.  The fact that for a almost a whole season they perform at a level just about acceptable for the Leicester of previous years and then suddenly under the expertise of Slimface once again turn into whirling dervishes is outrageous .

Yet I fear that its the players who will someone feel that they have been hard done to by a public who felt that Ranieri was decent.

It'll all go wrong soon enough for Slimmers and the hard working dynamos of Leciester.

I never liked them!

I don't understand any sportsman not giving their all. These fucker need to realise how privileged they are. When I was a kid I was desperate to be a footballer. I remember getting picked for trials at Bradford and thinking I'd nearly made it. One day I will be on match of the day!! One thing I did when I played football was give everything I possibly could and the rest. Every loss used to kill me . Fuckin hell, if I did something wrong I'd be embarrassed for anyone I knew watching. To not go out and give your all when you're on that kind of money is shameful. Where's the pride in being English champions gone?

Cunts

I'd previously put it down to a class thing or the fact that he'd come up from non league or that he was a little rough around the edges, but no, after his previous comment about unfair criticism regrading ranieri and now this, he actually is a full weight cunt.

Last edited by Misura (Thu 16 Mar 2017 9:25 am)

Misura wrote:

I'd previously put it down to a class thing or the fact that he'd come up from non league or that he was a little rough around the edges, but no, after his previous comment about unfair criticism regrading ranieri and now this, he actually is a full weight cunt.

I can, almost, forgive him,  as it was Nasri; the epitome of cuntiness.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Misura wrote:

Full weight cunt doesn't even scratch the surface but well said!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Two c**** for the price of one, then. Even the "C****" thread at its leanest and meanest would be hard pushed to match that for value.

Think Leicester are going to beat Athletico over 2 legs.

I hope Atletico score first.