Re: Running ... again

Eddie Merckx had that tattooed on his arse.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Toronto Ted wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Beautiful morning,no work,so thought I'd try a different route this morning.
Decided to run that back road (Denton rd) from Ilkley,which runs parallel with the river,all the way into a little village called Askwith.
It's about 6.5 miles there and back so a decent run.
When I reached the grounds to Denton Hall, took a glance left and the adjacent fields were full of deer....must have been over a hundred,some grazing,others just laid there.
'Twas a magnificent sight,some big fuckers too,fully antlered up.

Plodded on up the hill into Askwith and at the top you can see right across the Wharfe valley,the Cow and Calf rocks perched on top of the moor bathed in glorious sunshine and then right across to Otley the other way.
One of those mornings when you feel good to be alive!

Back home fucked now like but a fabulous start to the day all the same.

Nice going !

I'm probably averaging about 4.5K a day now, up to day 173.
The biggest change is finding it relatively easy to run for 45/50 minutes at decent pace

You lost weight at all, feel better in yourself, sleeping better?

Aim Low and miss...

Mitaman wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Decided to run that back road (Denton rd) from Ilkley,which runs parallel with the river,all the way into a little village called Askwith.
When I reached the grounds to Denton Hall, took a glance left and the adjacent fields were full of deer....must have been over a hundred,some grazing,others just laid there.

Plodded on up the hill into Askwith and at the top you can see right across the Wharfe valley,the Cow and Calf rocks perched on top of the moor bathed in glorious sunshine and then right across to Otley the other way.

Is that boozer still there in Askwith, forgot the name? Used to walk over there a lot when I was a kid, after negotiating the stepping stones at B-in-W.

Yes mate,the Askwith Arms,not sure if it was called something else back in the day.
Never been in but I'm told the food is top drawer.
It has an elevated terrace to the rear which overlooks the valley so would imagine it's popular with the day trippers.

Steady 4 miles this morning,on to Ilkley lido,cut across the fields to head half way up Curley Hill then through Middleton Woods and back home via the river trail.
Wasn't really feeling it today although that last pint of Guinness yesterday evening won't have helped!!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

danpiesley wrote:

You lost weight at all, feel better in yourself, sleeping better?

Eat more, drink more and keeping weight steady.
Dont feel particularly more healthy just notice that Im less prone to feeling like shite.

Take off hosers ...

Just did 2.8km, first time since I buggered my CT band next to my knee. A very casual 6m9s per km, pedestrian! Its 24 degs this morning, so worked up a reasonable sweat at least.

Also, it was called the Black horse 'when I were a lad'.

Last edited by Mitaman (Sun 03 Sep 2017 12:26 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Nice one Mitaman

Went out for my weekly 'race' run yesterday, highlight was seeing a family of deer. time not too shabby as I clocked 8.6k in just under 40 minutes

Evening topped off by making a camp fire and toasting S'Mores

Take off hosers ...

Day 223

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

Day 223

Great going.

Just got back from a 7k jaunt up to the Cow and Calf rocks and back.
First run for 3 weeks after pulling a calf muscle.
Blowing out of me arse bigtime!
Getting fit is one thing but staying fit is different altogether!

Toronto Ted wrote:

Day 223

Have you ran every day?

Harvest wrote:
Toronto Ted wrote:

Day 223

Have you ran every day?

Roger that

Take off hosers ...

Good effort.

How many days you aiming for Ted?

Or I could just read post 1.

Steady 4 miles this morning.
Anyone else still at it?

When I can tie my shoelaces I might have a go

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Steady 4 miles this morning.
Anyone else still at it?

Stopped around the day 265 mark, my knees were killing me and my right one in particular felt like it was going to buckle on a daily basis.
Not run for 2 months, this and the arctic weather but due out for a gentle 5k this weekend and slwoly get back into it

Take off hosers ...

Just completed my second park run. 5km circuit, did it in 29.47 minutes, which I'm happy with at 53.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

I've been steady.  Once or twice a week.  No way near what I was once at - just can't get my mojo going.

Aim Low and miss...

Doing 9 miles once a week at the moment, training for Liverpool half in March need to step up a bit soon.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Did the Askwith run again this morning although took a short cut over the iron bridge on the Wharfe which shortens the run to 5.4 miles.
Decided to wear the shorts instead of the trackies this morning which I regretted for the first couple of miles until I'd warmed up...always the danger of pulling a muscle on a cold morning like this.
Disappointingly no deer on show outside the grounds of Denton Hall today although the fields approaching Askwith village were abound with lambs,always a good sign Spring is nearly upon us.
52 minutes so didn't break any pots but a nice start to the weekend.

Planning my first run after a couple of months out this week. Spring is almost here and chomping at the bit

Take off hosers ...

I have been steady - two a week.  One short (four or so miles) and one long (eight or so miles).  Mainly off road, niceish runs.  However I cant run all the way - I am running slowly as it is - 9/10 min miles but I will stop a few times and walk.  Starting to piss me off.

How's the knee TT?

Aim Low and miss...

I'm still trying to run two or three times a week but as the death  bus draws ever nearer I'm slowing down rapidly. I'm also finding my asthma medication to be somewhat disappointing especially as it now appears to be the drug of choice for the elite athlete and winter olympics medal winning nation.

The knee pain is quite interesting as when I climb the stairs nowadays  a jolting pain is sent back through my knee the second my foot falls to the step.

I'm quite envious of the Bungalow owners on our estate on certain days.

Last edited by Mega Armageddon Chickens (Tue 27 Feb 2018 3:18 pm)

Too much ice and snow about for a run this morning so gonna get the walking boots on and get wrapped up warm and take the dog for a long walk into Addingham and back.

No running for me this week.  I did manage a few brisk walks though.  Going again later.  I am going to attempt a run tomorrow.  Maybe on the cut.

Aim Low and miss...