Topic: Five Guys

Good burgers, good fries, sells ale, filled a hole.

Site stalwart.

Re: Five Guys

Decent fodder. Fucking expensive mind.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Don't let Reg see this thread.

Site stalwart.

Went to a couple in the US.  Are the British ones on a par?

Five Guys schmive guys.  Venus Turkish in Holbeck is where it's at......... Or where I am at right now to be more precise.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

What do you get in Venus?  It's not far from work. I've bobbed in a couple of times but mostly seems to be about a tenner. Had a lamb donner for a bit less than that. Twas good. Seems popular with families sharing a table floor of food. What are the best dishes there?

onandoff wrote:

What do you get in Venus?  It's not far from work. I've bobbed in a couple of times but mostly seems to be about a tenner. Had a lamb donner for a bit less than that. Twas good. Seems popular with families sharing a table floor of food. What are the best dishes there?

I get a mixed dinner mate.  Planty of crushed chilli sauce and garlic.  Turkish bread and bizarre salad.  Tastes fantastic and you could easily sphere it.  £6.50. 

The smell of the charcoal drags me in like the bisto kids.

Ta. I was Hoping you'd  found some bargain dish for 17p but I guess it's worth £6.50 now and then. The dinner a crusty roast lamb - nothing like that weird smelling stuff from yer average kebab shop.

Anyway. Five guys. Good. Son loves it. About three times the vBulletin price of McDonalds and four times as good. It's the beer that really makes it pricey mind

I've been in that place in Holbeck for a knees under. Had a Pide, was pretty nice.

Then I saw this and now I don't fancy it so much.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n … -1-7116339

Grow your own.

placidcasual wrote:

I've been in that place in Holbeck for a knees under. Had a Pide, was pretty nice.

Then I saw this and now I don't fancy it so much.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n … -1-7116339

Fuck.  I don't shop there.  Just eat the kebabs.

Just samples the wires of Five Guys at Meadowhall.  Excellent burger and nice cabin fries.  Too many options on the drink machine though, my curiosity for the better of me and I must have tipped half a litre of stuff away before settling on one.

Also they give you it in a bag which is a proper faff with loads of loose chips piled on the top of the burger.  Wasn't quite sure how to approach it, ended up tipping the lot onto a tray.

Just been again.  ad a cherry shake, blood hell, how nice?

£15 though, nearly had a shit right there and then.

Went to the one of Oxford Street the other day

Pile of over priced wank

Too noisy anorl

If I had to say one thing positive it'd be that the burger was better than McDonalds...........

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

There's an article on line somewhere about the prices in Five Guys. Basically said they could bring the prices down significantly if people stopped pouring half a litre of pop away every time they bought a drink.

One opening in the White Rose along with a few others and a huge cinema.

Site stalwart.