Topic: The Detectorists

I have done a search on this but to no avail.  (I'm sure one exists).

However - series one just got a re run on BBC2 and a third series is upcoming.

I thought this was wonderful TV - nice and gentle with some very very funny moments.

I binged on series 1 and 2 and it made a massive change from murder, death kill.

Plussing as which it has a killer theme tune.

Aim Low and miss...

Re: The Detectorists

It's on imdb, 8.6.

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

Thought we'd discussed it on here too.

Yeah, loved it. Saw on Twitter yesterday that they'd started season three. There's so much in there about the hopelessness of large aspects of life, fear of change, need for escape, even if only temporarily. Really good writing ad, as you say, no misery as entertainment. Binge watched it with my Mam when she was over. She loved it also. Not that that's always a sign of quality TV mind.

Not a fan of the theme tune though but it kind of fits.

This is getting rave reviews everywhere.

I love it, its very gentle and British.  I had a tear in my eye near the end at the auction.

Very well acted, lots of slight social awkwardness but lots of acceptance and resolution too.  Just lovely.

And yes, killer intro tune.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

The final episode was fantastic.  So so life affirming (and not in shit way) and funny and the resolution was there for all to see but not rammed in your face. 

Absolutly amazing and that is it.  Three series and no more.

What a show - get it watched.

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

The final episode was fantastic.  So so life affirming (and not in shit way) and funny and the resolution was there for all to see but not rammed in your face. 

Absolutly amazing and that is it.  Three series and no more.

What a show - get it watched.

I'm amazed they got that cast for the series, must be the writing.  Three or for of them genuinely have active movie careers.

^^ I did not realise Dianna Rigg was the mom.

Not that I imagine she does much these days.

Aim Low and miss...

I'm starting from series 1 and doing it all again.

I've been oblivious to this. Obvs i can't keep abreast of everything that goes on. I've bought the boxset for myself for xmas this very afternoon.

The theme tune is acemons & brings tears to my eyes. As good a song i've heard for a long time, if it had another verse it would close to perfection. It's probably better sung by another. An irish voice possibly. He's jerome fynn's half brother dontcha know.

I think his voice is perfect.  Very Nick Drake.

Aim Low and miss...

Really like this programme. 

And Mrs guy garvey is very pleasing on the eye

Misura wrote:

I've been oblivious to this. Obvs i can't keep abreast of everything that goes on. I've bought the boxset for myself for xmas this very afternoon.

The theme tune is acemons & brings tears to my eyes. As good a song i've heard for a long time, if it had another verse it would close to perfection. It's probably better sung by another. An irish voice possibly. He's jerome fynn's half brother dontcha know.

scootay wrote:

Is that Andy's wife in it?  If it is you'll be pleased to know that there is a lesbian scene in some film or other with her and Sally Hawkins.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
scootay wrote:

Is that Andy's wife in it?  If it is you'll be pleased to know that there is a lesbian scene in some film or other with her and Sally Hawkins.

Seen that ol lad

Tipping the velvet it was. Good little series that.. good storyline, period set, arty with Basque ripping girl on girl action

Tremendous

Just finished this. I think it's one of my favourite things I've ever watched.

I'm new to this.  Just watched series 3.  Now I need to chase down the first two.

This is that brilliant gentle humour that only comes around about once every ten years or so.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

'Roman haul' turns out to be TV show Detectorists prop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-42887063