Topic: Young lasses and make up

How come they wear so much slap?  There was a lass in her 20s on TV just now and she looked like a 40 year old caked in foundation and heavy eye makeup.  She reminded me of what someone like Carol Vorderman looked like about 20 years ago.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Re: Young lasses and make up

I don't recognise my own daughter when I pick her up.  She's 14, completely orange body with orange hands to match. An inch of foundation and she touches the sun visor with her eyelashes when she blinks. I just have to look at her now and sigh or shake my head, as I've been banned by her mother for 'having a go' and upsetting her. She's experimenting apparently and it's normal.. I even bought her a make up lesson in house of Fraser but she won't go as she knows what she's doing.

I think kids are just fuckin ding bats these days

I blame Roy Wood.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Facebook body shaming.  It's a thing we grew up without.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

It's crazy isn't it.  It's also unnecessary as young lasses don't need it.  It must knack the skin too.

I took her for her passport photo on Wednesday and told her passport regulations didn't allow make up on the photo.... lied....She was mortified at having to leave the house without it. I said she looked beautiful and so did my girlfriend but she was having none of it.

space wrote:

Facebook body shaming.  It's a thing we grew up without.

I fucking hate that world and it's attendant uses. In most cases it's fair comment, moving towards critique at worst mild criticism. If people are so fucking narcassicitc to publish photos/song/whatever on the internet, then they should be able to take other peoples comments. You publish a photograph of yourself grinning gormlessly, doing a peace sign, pouting and looking orange, with ridiculously bad broad painted on eyebrows and you get upset when someone laughs at you? Fuck me. Didn't grow up with it? You turned up to a do dressed like a twat, your mates would soon let you know about it. You'd take it on the chin, wouldn't wear the gear again and laugh about later. You wouldn't go home in tears, complain about being 'shamed' and contemplate suicide. Unless perhaps you were morrisey.

Same with the phrase 'Hater'. Fucking boils my piss. It's annoying me now as i'm typing. It's the over riding sense of entitlement, gross over estimation of beauty/talent/etc & unbelieavbly thin skin and the inability to accept rejection/honest criticism/reality, that has led us here as a society. That brooklyn beckham book and the surrounding shit storm is a case in point.

Girls always loads wore of make up ... are you lot all suffering from memory loss.
No-one go to the Frontier, Rooftops ...  ?

Take off hosers ...

Girls always wore make up but some of 'em these days and the total coverage and colours is bizare - not as bizare as those painted on eyebrows though - oddness abounds there.

Still - Total Recall (1990) was on ITV 4 last night.

Aim Low and miss...

No cheating. How old do you think this person is?

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBJqBED.img?h=1080&w=1920&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=962&y=450

She looks like a doll

Toronto Ted wrote:

Girls always loads wore of make up ... are you lot all suffering from memory loss.

Nah, even the most 'interesting' lasses back then didn't get near the current generation. They've taken it to a whole new level. Same with how much they wear. I'm showing my age but I get shocked at some of the outfits lasses wear. What really boils my piss is seeing kids under 10 in crop tops and the like. We have an obsession as a society with making kids mini-adults. We do it in what they do and how they look. Fuck childhood, he needs some Barbour and a motorbike. And an Instagram account.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:
Toronto Ted wrote:

Nah, even the most 'interesting' lasses back then didn't get near the current generation. They've taken it to a whole new level. Same with how much they wear. I'm showing my age but I get shocked at some of the outfits lasses wear. What really boils my piss is seeing kids under 10 in crop tops and the like. We have an obsession as a society with making kids mini-adults. We do it in what they do and how they look. Fuck childhood, he needs some Barbour and a motorbike. And an Instagram account.....

All kids have Instagram etc. Its a peer thing. Ive tried to disuade but they are peer pressured into it

If you told me she was 14 I would believe you and same if you told me she was 25. I have no idea who she is but she looks very beautiful. Audrey Hepburn type class about her and the Angelic face .. the sort of girl who will keep her youthful looks for a couple of decades unless she hits the yabba

scootay wrote:

If you told me she was 14 I would believe you and same if you told me she was 25. I have no idea who she is but she looks very beautiful. Audrey Hepburn type class about her and the Angelic face .. the sort of girl who will keep her youthful looks for a couple of decades unless she hits the yabba

Her name is Millie Bobby Brown, and she stars in 'Stranger Things' on Netflix. I've seen her before in papers & on the net and thought she looked older than her years. Like you said scoots, she could easily be mid 20's, i think it's her eyes make her look older. Fame years are like dog years.

Christ, if you Google her she doesn't look like that without some queer or hag publicist making her up.  Disgusting. She's a child, same age as my boy.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Fri 23 Feb 2018 5:48 pm)

Misura wrote:
scootay wrote:

Her name is Millie Bobby Brown, and she stars in 'Stranger Things' on Netflix. I've seen her before in papers & on the net and thought she looked older than her years. Like you said scoots, she could easily be mid 20's, i think it's her eyes make her look older. Fame years are like dog years.

Ah yeah she's the girl who played the girl.. she had a skinhead. You could tell she was a film star in the making on that. Hope she's ok. Couldn't think of anything worse than fame for a loved one

I think the narcissism is a lot worse these days than when we were young. My 14 year old niece told me that there are lads in her class who get their eyebrows shaped and nobody seems to think much of it. Can you imagine that 30 years ago? There's a good book called 'the narcissism epidemic - living in the age of entitlement ' by Twenge and Campbell about all this. Its American but still relevant to what is happening here. My 3 year old daughter is already throwing strops about what to wear for nursery and saying things like "everyone will laugh at me if I wear that". I just don't know where that is coming from cos her mum and me are absolutely not like that. Its weird like its a manifestation of current collective consciousness.

Birds eh?

You worked out that they are generally shape-shifting bastards yet?

The light-weight cunts.

Sauvingon BLANK!

Misura wrote:

One year younger than that Russian skater I posted in the WO thread.

Make up makes her look much older than her years..

https://images.nbcolympics.com/www.nbcolympics.com/field_image/21February2018/alina-zagitova-usatsi_10636457-1024.jpg

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/game-time/results/OWG2018/resOWG2018/img/bios/photos/3036248.jpg

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Not sure where my head will be at when mine starts putting on slap, asking for FB and shit, probably really conservative.. smile

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

My 15 year old daughter seems to have got through that stage for now.  She spent possibly 18 months, every morning for school, spending at least an hour doing her make up.  Now she gets iout of the shower and she can be out of the house ten minutes later, no make up.

Although if she’s going out out, she still puts on her make up but nowhere near what she would have done a year ago.  Her and her friends went to the young farmers ball up here a few weeks ago, lots of 15/16 year old girls all made up (but not too much) and in their best frocks. Every one of them would have easily passed for 21.

It’s scary times being the father of a teenage girl.   She asked me yesterday if she could go to Leeds Fest with a couple of her friends.  I said ‘are you out of your mind’.    Her response “i’m not even there yet”.    Too clever for their own good. 

I made it 100% clear that she is not going, but no doubt she’ll ask again today.  She will still gat a no.

Expanding Man wrote:

Birds eh?

You worked out that they are generally shape-shifting bastards yet?

The light-weight cunts.

Sauvingon BLANK!

Over to you RHS!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Little Billy Bremner wrote:

My 15 year old daughter seems to have got through that stage for now.  She spent possibly 18 months, every morning for school, spending at least an hour doing her make up.  Now she gets iout of the shower and she can be out of the house ten minutes later, no make up.

Although if she’s going out out, she still puts on her make up but nowhere near what she would have done a year ago.  Her and her friends went to the young farmers ball up here a few weeks ago, lots of 15/16 year old girls all made up (but not too much) and in their best frocks. Every one of them would have easily passed for 21.

It’s scary times being the father of a teenage girl.   She asked me yesterday if she could go to Leeds Fest with a couple of her friends.  I said ‘are you out of your mind’.    Her response “i’m not even there yet”.    Too clever for their own good. 

I made it 100% clear that she is not going, but no doubt she’ll ask again today.  She will still gat a no.

Thats ace!!

And err, defo NO!