Re: Favourite meal if you could have it in front of you now

Harvest wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
danpiesley wrote:

I had a rather special tea last night.

Chicken wellington - breast wrapped in Prosciutto with pesto and goats cheese and puff pastry obvs.  With Dauphinoise pots and minted peas, broccoli and green beans covered in a leek and bacon sauce.

I was nailed to the sofa after.  Fucking stuffed.

Sounds bloody lovely

Late home from work so I fried off some chicken thighs in butter and garlic and steamed some carrots/broccoli/green beans.  Sauce was a couple of glasses of Picpoul de Pinet

What would you have had if you were early?

I was thinking about some sort of cod provencal but couldn't be arsed with all the chopping

Chicken and veg easy,  lob the chicken in the pan and do the veggies whilst cooking - 15mins tops

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Maybe added a pan of spuds?

Cuts wrote:

Trying to keep low on carbs........

fuzzy dunlop wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
space wrote:

Is that the thick stew with cheese and potatoes?

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/lamb-kleftiko

Yeah its basically slow roasted lamb, garlic, lemons, spuds and rosemary in a greaseproof paper parcel to keep the flavour and moisture in. I think some people add feta also. The first time I tried it I burst out laughing cos it tasted so good. Just ridiculous . I've tried making it at home and it was really nice but nowhere near. I'd have it with a heavy malbec if I could cos a lot of greek wine can be a bit manky unless you get lucky.

That's the one.  I had the version with feta.  I definitely had a "fuck me that's soooo good" moment.   Had it with a greek house rose which was luckily drinkable.

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Cuts wrote:

Trying to keep low on carbs........

Me too. Not easy.

Fish & chips from the paper with a wooden fork on a cliff top bench in whitby in the wind and rain sat next to the girl I love with a can of dandelion and burdock.

"To tell you the truth, a lot of the younger lads don't care about the FA Cup, they think it's just something your Grandparents talk about. They'd rather we got knocked out." Trevor Davies - Streatham Rovers Football Club

Misura wrote:

Fish & chips from the paper with a wooden fork on a cliff top bench in whitby in the wind and rain sat next to the girl I love with a can of dandelion and burdock.

You old romantic

I can picture the scene though smile

Misura wrote:

Warm pop from the top of the fryer with a thin layer of grease on it?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Misura wrote:

On occasion - nothing finer.

Aim Low and miss...

Good macaroni cheese.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...