Re: London

If you’re going to be in the East End ask for the Cockles card. Bit cheaper and allows you in everyone’s back door.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Was there last weekend for my lad's birthday. Did the full tourist bit. Stopped near The Tower of London, did a few hours there in the morning, part of it on a Beefeater tour, really interesting. Had a walk over Tower Bridge, through Borough Market, over Millennium Bridge, St Paul's etc. Westminster Cathedral, Whitehall, Downing Street, Parliament, Trafalgar Square etc.

At night food around Covent Garden and went to see School of Rock Musical, really impressed, great show, the kids were excellent.

Sunday, went up The Shard. Great views as you'd imagine, bit gloomy but still plenty to see. Did a couple of VR things up there where I near shit myself, had overpriced drinks. Went up The Monument, to the Great Fire, designed by Christopher Wren. Similar trek up to The Scott's Monument in Edinburgh. Again, great views, worth doing.

Great trip and a real eye-opener for the boy.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

My nephew is coming down from Bolton next weekend so will be doing a very similar route - take my 7 and 8 year old along too so should be a lovely day

Any tips on The Shard or is it as it says on the tin?

The nephew is a Chelsea fan believe it or not and my wife is pushing me really hard to take him on the Chelsea Stadium Tour which is breaking me out in a sweat to be honest.  I'm trying to be the bigger man but it's not working.......I could always let him and the boys go in I suppose and wait outside.  Is that just petty.....?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

The Shard - just book online before you go, you get a slot allocated to go up. Not an awful lot to do up there other than look at the view and pay for extortionate drinks. There are two floors you can visit at the top, the higher one is exposed to the elements. Take some binoculars if you have any and it's a clear day.

If you go there no need to do the wheel.

Harvest wrote:

The Shard - just book online before you go, you get a slot allocated to go up. Not an awful lot to do up there other than look at the view and pay for extortionate drinks. There are two floors you can visit at the top, the higher one is exposed to the elements. Take some binoculars if you have any and it's a clear day.

If you go there no need to do the wheel.

Dome the wheel a few times now with people visiting that's why I thought The Shard would be a better option.  Noculars a good idea,  my boys have a little pair each which I'm sure they'd love to take along.  My Mrs is a fraid of heights but she reckons she'll be OK - I guess the 'open' bit would be a challenge smile

Cheers H

Not open as leaning over the edge, its the pointy bit at the top, tall glass walls but no roof.

Harvest wrote:

Not open as leaning over the edge, its the pointy bit at the top, tall glass walls but no roof.

Mate,  she couldn't go up the Eiffel Tower so I'm sure she'd get a wobble on.......

As a kind uncle i was looking for a Chelsea related gift for my nephew so I Googled Chelsea Polo shirt

Found this beauty.  The T-shirt itself and the attached verbage says it all really

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLASGOW-RANG … Swq1JZN875

Billy Britain

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

As a kind uncle i was looking for a Chelsea related gift for my nephew so I Googled Chelsea Polo shirt

Found this beauty.  The T-shirt itself and the attached verbage says it all really

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLASGOW-RANG … Swq1JZN875

Loose fit smile

#DoTheDai \o/