Topic: Iluvwhite sadly departed

Hello All

In particular hello all friends of Iluvwhite who perpahs hasn't posted on here for a short while.

Sadly he passed away today after a 10 month battle with oesophageal cancer and he is greatly mourned by his family.

I know that forum members and lurkers alike will wish to raise a glass to his memory on this sad day.

You may gather from my login name that I am his missus and I am now off to raise a glass of my own.

Re: Iluvwhite sadly departed

Mrsiluvwhite - I'm extremely sorry to hear that.

You have my deepest sympathies and I'm sure the sympathies of Iluvwhite's fellow posters on here.

Glasses will definitely be raised and thank you for letting us know on what must a very sad day for you and your family.

Suddenly life seems much more precious today.  A 13 year old lad in my sons school diesd yesterday.  Head injury from rugby. 

Try and enjoy life folks.  Mrs Iluvwhite, condolences, your fella contributed to years of enjoyment on here.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Condolences.

Sorry for your loss. Hope he has a good send off. Off the ale but one shot in his memory is in order.

The scooter boy from Halifax with puzzling liking for Scottish football?  See ya on the other side.

Condolences to his family.

Thankyou for taking the time to post this sad news. So sorry for your loss.

R.I.P Iluvwhite.

Site stalwart.

Really sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss Mrs Iluvwhite. Raising a glass here for ILW. sad

Many condolences.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Condolences. So sorry for your loss

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Sorry for your loss . Sad news , also raised a glass .

To stand aside is to take sides.

When I first posted on here, ILW was an reassuring link to people I had known in my three student years in Leeds (65-68). I'm sorry I never got to meet the man. RIP.

Thanks for thinking of us MrsILW. He'd lived a bit to say the least, was a trove of great stories about supporting Leeds away in the 60's and '70s and was always straight talking and funny. Sorry for your loss. And also to Old Codger (once of this parish) and Harvest I think who knew him from days of yore. RIP

Oh dear, what very sad news. My sincere condolences to you and may he rest in peace.

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Terribly sad news. I always hoped to bump into ILW and Mrs ILW when back in Halifax. Dirty Dicks was never the same after Steve stopped working there.

My condolences to Mrs ILW and his family. Take care.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know it can't be an easy time for you

RIP ILW and big hugs to Mrs ILW

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

onandoff wrote:

Thanks for thinking of us MrsILW. He'd lived a bit to say the least, was a trove of great stories about supporting Leeds away in the 60's and '70s and was always straight talking and funny. Sorry for your loss. And also to Old Codger (once of this parish) and Harvest I think who knew him from days of yore. RIP

I've just found out, by text (thanks OJ), this is terrible news.

I hadn't seen Steve for a number of years and we both lost touch probably due to losses of phones etc.  He was a great guy, an absolute entertainer to be with and Mrs ILW is a lovely person too.

I'm so sorry for your loss, J.

God bless

Bob (or Rob I think Steve preferred to call me)

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

RIP ILW. Condolences Mrs ILW.

Condolences.

"To tell you the truth, a lot of the younger lads don't care about the FA Cup, they think it's just something your Grandparents talk about. They'd rather we got knocked out." Trevor Davies - Streatham Rovers Football Club

Condolences

Very sad news. Sincere Condolences.
RIP ILW

________________________________________________________________________________

I am very sorry to read of this, and for your loss. I shared a couple of post-match evenings in town with Steve and he was great company and a sound lad. He'll be missed.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Sorry for your loss.

snake hips

Bit late I know but his cremation is Friday at Park Wood Crematorium Elland at 12.45.  At 2pm BST worldwide there will be a toast in his honour.  There is also an obituary notice in YEP and online a condolences page which will be permanent.  Thank you for all your kind wishes.  His passing is still a shock.  If you need any further details - real name for instance - pls pm me.

Good luck and health to you all!!