Topic: Slippers

Women wearing sparkly fluffy slippers out and about. Is this a thing now?

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Re: Slippers

Sliders, Harvest. And they're all the rage.

Sliders in the street, what a time to be alive.

I end up going out in my carpet slippers at least once a week.  I think it's an age thing.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Misura wrote:

Would that be elk or beef sliders big_smile

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Thu 03 Aug 2017 2:50 pm)

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:
Misura wrote:

Would that be elk or beef sliders big_smile

You'll like this one, TT. After the initial post on this thread, i began to write a ranty piece about how some of the fashion houses were going 'down market' with their designs, eg. the sliders, and aping a 80's hip hop/80's snide/street aesthetic. And how brands like gucci were shifting stuff by the van load (and charging top £'s) that looked like the stuff you used to bring back from benidorm back in the day. Large motifs & over branding and how i was also seeing rip offs of the logo's etc with 'Homies' and it was all getting on my tits. Anyways, i lost interest halfway through and deleted it. Roll on to yesterday, and i read an interesting article about Dapper Dan, the tailor of harlem and how his story has come full circle, with him ripping off stuff back in the day, and now he's been ripped off by the brands that he used to rip off. And the look is currently being actively sought. Anyway, up until then, i'd never heard of MCM, and to think i thought that i knew everything.

Four Star General in London used to sell Gucci, MCM and LV stuff. And the truly awful Troop stuff.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

space wrote:

I end up going out in my carpet slippers at least once a week.  I think it's an age thing.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Inside shoes to keep the floor clean and your feet warm?

I live in Japan, you would do a 5-stretch care of the Emperor for such a crime.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Pair them with a straw trilby and a paisley pant suit for the real Acid Cougar look

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Mitaman wrote:
space wrote:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Inside shoes to keep the floor clean and your feet warm?

Yet you can sleep in the street after diving out the office for 3 bottles of Suntory and a Celine Dion masterclass then go buy schoolgirls knickers from vending machines.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

I had to google MCM, never heard of them, they sell knock off tat big_smile

Homies, Bucci, Aint Saint Laurent without Yves etc ... all the work of Brian Lichtenbreg. Most stores similar to us cary all his shit, we've steered clear, probably financially foolish but ...
At the moment everything seems to be about branding, even the most discrete labels are chucking big logos on stuff, Margiela and even KM at 68.

Nothing surprises me any more, its just cyclical and after 25 years of doing this its not difficult to spot whats coming next.

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Wed 09 Aug 2017 7:40 pm)

Take off hosers ...

http://discoscratch.pbworks.com/f/Four_Star_Flyer_2.jpg

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Post from over 4 years ago predicting it wink

http://www.onemickjones.com/forum/viewt … p?id=21359

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Wed 09 Aug 2017 8:19 pm)

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

Post from over 4 years ago predicting it wink

http://www.onemickjones.com/forum/viewt … p?id=21359

Fair do's, you do work in the industry mind! It's probably a mix of 80's east coast rap & Paninaro.

Scouse lasses have been going the shop in slippers for decades. Jamas too.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
space wrote:

Yet you can sleep in the street after diving out the office for 3 bottles of Suntory and a Celine Dion masterclass then go buy schoolgirls knickers from vending machines.

I don't wear them on purpose.  I just get to where I'm going and noticed I didn't put my shoes on.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

I don't wear them on purpose.  I just get to where I'm going and noticed I didn't put my shoes on.

big_smile

And then you realise you're 'out out' and still have your olives and Iberico Ham in your Lidl placky bag

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Hedge your bets with a pair of Charles Phillip's, they're just not one thing or the other....

http://www.shulmansays.com/os/resources/media/CP-2.jpg

http://www.shulmansays.com/os/resources/media/CP-5.jpg

Last edited by Misura (Wed 16 Aug 2017 2:22 pm)

CP slippers? Shouldn't they have a little pair of goggles on them?