Re: Joined at last

king of the slums wrote:

There's them what think lamb cannot be served as a cold cut after a roast due to lamb being too fatty as a meat. These people insist that left over lamb must be cooked once again or at the very least "warmed through." With the exception of banging it in a curry on the second day, people who feel the need to warm up slices of roast lamb are just not right in the head. They are the devil's children and probably eat with the same hand they wipe their arse with...

Not a lover of cold lamb myself as said cold fat is fucking awful, now my missus is really torn about lamb. Whilst on the east coast the other week a lorry load of lambs went by on their way to slaughter and she got all upset. That's it I'm going vegiterian I can't stand the thought of them poor things being bussed to their own deaths like that. Fast forward a couple of days and were in the West End at Kirkstall for some snap and she goes to order my steak pie and whatever she decides on.30 minutes later the waitress arrives at our table with my meat pie and the wife's lamb shank !

Young Marxist at Tescos wrote:

If you were an apprentice gladiator in the Roman amphitheatre, would you prefer to be armed with net and trident, or sword and shield?

Favourite Fall album?

These questions are getting harder, sword and shield I think although my weapon of choice would be an ak47. I have heard of the fall but that is all.

Last edited by Precinct Boy (Wed 16 Aug 2017 9:17 am)

Precinct Boy wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

There's them what think lamb cannot be served as a cold cut after a roast due to lamb being too fatty as a meat. These people insist that left over lamb must be cooked once again or at the very least "warmed through." With the exception of banging it in a curry on the second day, people who feel the need to warm up slices of roast lamb are just not right in the head. They are the devil's children and probably eat with the same hand they wipe their arse with...

Not a lover of cold lamb myself as said cold fat is fucking awful, now my missus is really torn about lamb. Whilst on the east coast the other week a lorry load of lambs went by on their way to slaughter and she got all upset. That's it I'm going vegiterian I can't stand the thought of them poor things being bussed to their own deaths like that. Fast forward a couple of days and were in the West End at Kirkstall for some snap and she goes to order my steak pie and whatever she decides on.30 minutes later the waitress arrives at our table with my meat pie and the wife's lamb shank !

It was all going so well.........

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Would you rather defend yourself against a bull in a supermarket aisle armed with a pen knife, or fend off an enraged chimpanzee in a car park with a baseball bat?

Rudi wrote:

Would you rather defend yourself against a bull in a supermarket aisle armed with a pen knife, or fend off an enraged chimpanzee in a car park with a baseball bat?

Bit of an animal lover me (although don't seem to give a fuck when eating one)  so if my life depended on it I'd have to go for what seems like the easier option of baseball batting the chimp to a pulp. Is that it now these questions are fucking hard !

Adidas, Puma or Nike?

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

CharlieG wrote:

Adidas, Puma or Nike?

Easy one this adidas, currently gazelles but fancying some black suede sambas which I'm struggling to get in this country.

Which dictator do you most look like?

A- Stalin
B- Mao
C- Il Duce
D- Kim Jong il

Welcome aboard

You can tell we rarely get anyone new these days.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

placidcasual wrote:

Which dictator do you most look like?

A- Stalin
B- Mao
C- Il Duce
D- Kim Jong il

Welcome aboard

Il Duce I'd say these days, my days of dictatorship are truly gone now though.

Precinct Boy wrote:

If you were an apprentice gladiator in the Roman amphitheatre, would you prefer to be armed with net and trident, or sword and shield?

Favourite Fall album?

These questions are getting harder, sword and shield I think although my weapon of choice would be an ak47. I have heard of the fall but that is all.

Only just joined and already looking at a lengthy ban

"We are The Fall"

Precinct Boy wrote:

Favourite Fall album?

Only just joined and already looking at a lengthy ban

You'd better warn him about Shack too.......

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Favourite Fall album?

Seen as I'm doing fuck all else I've just listened to a few fall tracks and found totally wired quite decent.The lead singer sounds a bit like Hugh Cornwell which isn't a bad thing.

Precinct Boy wrote:

Favourite Fall album?

Seen as I'm doing fuck all else I've just listened to a few fall tracks and found totally wired quite decent.The lead singer sounds a bit like Hugh Cornwell which isn't a bad thing.

The Fall and The Stranglers referenced in the same sentence.  Bonus points.

People are Twats

Team Bernard  or Team Hook?

Rudi wrote:

Great question Rudi, and one which doesn't get asked enough these days.

The bulll for me. Get some slashes in early round the facial area. With a berserk Bubbles you swing and miss a couple of times he's all over you like a rash.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

The bulll for me. Get some slashes in early round the facial area. With a berserk Bubbles you swing and miss a couple of times he's all over you like a rash.

Spot on Harvest, you know your animals. Bull for me as well, they tire quickly, have difficulty turning around in the tight aisles & if push came to shove you could distract 'em with stuff from the shelves. The chimpanzee is a very underrated foe, they've worked hard on their PR as a species, the public think they're all 'bubbles & pg tips', but they're a right bunch of nasty bastards. They're mobile, strong and they go for the balls, throat & face with great speed and enjoyment. You'd only get two good swings at it with your bat, before it was on top of you, ripping your ears off. The simian shithouses.

Precisely...fucking chimp wankers!
In fact get the fucking lot of them in the cunts thread!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Chris Wood is some kind of Chimp, sure of it.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

The car park affords the opportunity to run away?

Like wise our bovine friend may use that aisle to his advantage.  Trap and pin you against the frozen peas section.  I am wondering if you may be able to fashion a rudimentary weapon from the racking in the bread aisle or if you could tool up from the deli counter?

Aim Low and miss...

Where do you shop for your tinned vegetables, Lidl or Aldi?

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mitaman wrote:

Where do you shop for your tinned vegetables, Lidl or Aldi?

They've opened a Waitrose near me.  I always go in on the way back from the Aldi, just to look at the prices and feel smug.  The only thing I do buy is the occasional bottle of single malt when they've got something nice on special.

People are Twats

I think you lot might have scared him off with your damn fool questions.

Whatever happened to 'How many brothers and sisters have you got?' or 'What's your favourite colour?'

Mind you, not knowing anything by the Fall is a bit weird..... Try this for size Mr Precinct:

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

CBIT wrote:

Team Bernard  or Team Hook?

Hook like a bit of new order