Re: Sunlund vs Leeds

Three clean sheets? When did we last do that? Oh, Chris who???

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Enjoyed that a lot..

What a turning point that header off Cooper , saving a certain goal. After that we well deserved the win. That 2nd goal , we broke with such pace , great to see .
Team is growing , blending. Tremendous statement, winning there . Well happy.

To stand aside is to take sides.

scootay wrote:

Enjoyed that a lot..

That's the best away performance in this league I've seen considering who we played.

Superb. Start to finish.

Special mention - Cooper's saving header.

Loose Lips wrote:

Special mention - Cooper's saving header.

Top class. Him and Jansson were commanding.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Let's hope Cooper can maintain it, we still need a quality centre half.

Great result

12M ... Blaise Matuidi just went from PSG to Juve for less that that. I'd bite their hands off

Take off hosers ...

Another thing about this and our other away win . We suffered injuries and were able to shuffle things around and maintain a performance. My glass is definitely half full and in 10 minutes it will be half full again .

We need some forwards unless we want to make this 4-6-0 formation work.

space wrote:

We need some forwards unless we want to make this 4-6-0 formation work.

Spain did.

CharlieG wrote:

Three clean sheets? When did we last do that?

George Graham.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

That Saiz is some fucking player.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

That Saiz is some fucking player.

Him and Alioski are going to scare the life out of most defences.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Leeds head coach Thomas Christiansen told BBC Radio Leeds: "I don't know if it's the best performance (in my time here so far) but it comes in the best moment, especially when the team needed it.

"We had the circumstances: Barcelona for me, personally, but also for the team, that Chris Wood will leave the team.

Erm, sorry??  hmm

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Big win is that, whichever way it arrives.

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

I'm glad Dallas scored the decider.  It will have done his confidence no end of good.

Two very good goals.

Three clean sheets, Bolton only managed a couple due to daft debut defending and Jansson being suspended.

The big test now, for this game was a big test was it not, and one where our main main refused to play, but we rose to it. The big test now is finding a way this form can be maintained consistently. Do that and it creates a belief in itself. Do that and we're going up. We'll have shit days where our luck runs out, but play like that and we'll be pushing for automatic.

Hats off to Cooper, I wasn't sure about him,, but he seems changed under TC and it might have been as simple as drawing the captaincy out of him and validating his ability which has made all the difference as he now has confidence. Cooper played and acted like a captain IMO.

Too early to tell, but I think we might have got something with TC. He seems switched on, can do the psychology bit of getting them to play as individuals and as a squad, makes them accountable without putting a sword above their necks in the press, etc.

Last edited by king of the slums (Sun 20 Aug 2017 8:18 am)

snake hips

Coopers goal line clearance tho..... big_smile

placidcasual wrote:

https://twitter.com/Mayo_GodHelpUs/stat … 4902658048

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Only seen the highlights, but I have recorded it. I would have deleted if we`d lost, but looking forward to watching it.

Listened to it on Radio Leeds with my 88 year old dad, we both went nuts when the 2nd went in. His hearing is a bit fucked, but that`s why God invented Noel Whelan, for hard of hearing Leeds fans.

________________________________________________________________________________

Mol wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

https://twitter.com/Mayo_GodHelpUs/stat … 4902658048

I thought he did well to be honest and worked great to get a feint touch on the shot. That slightest nick is the slimmest of margins between a confident display or being on the back foot in the early part of the season. Well done Cooper.

I wasnt having a go at him.

Toronto Ted wrote:

Great result

12M ... Blaise Matuidi just went from PSG to Juve for less that that. I'd bite their hands off

I saw that and was amazed no one from England had come in for him - top player in my book

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.