Topic: Chris Wood

Is it a sign of the club's new found 'ambition' that we are now a feeder club for Burnley?

Have we really fallen that far?

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Re: Chris Wood

It's just a reality of wages funded by EPL TV money.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

It's just a reality of wages funded by EPL TV money.

Indeed.

Bit disrespectful of him deciding not to play today though

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

Revieswhites wrote:

Bit disrespectful of him deciding not to play today though

The cunt.

What's the point of handing out contracts as they are almost inevitably broken? May as well just have loan players all the time, pay as you play.

¡No pasaran!

Fuck him, thought he'd handled it well, but a social media tweet and deciding not to play, unacceptable..

15 million for maybe one season wonder , got to take it . I've no axe to grind with him going, did great last season and even before when things weren't going his way he never hid and gave 100%.
Good luck to him .
Should get 2 in before window shuts .

To stand aside is to take sides.

white dragon wrote:

15 million for maybe one season wonder , got to take it . I've no axe to grind with him going, did great last season and even before when things weren't going his way he never hid and gave 100%.
Good luck to him .
Should get 2 in before window shuts .

As long as we get at least two in. A centre half and a striker

4 days ago everyone was saying that 12M was an insult. 12M  !!! ... laughing all the way to the bank. Downside is obviously that they haven't found a decent replacement who guarantees goal, or at least has a scoring record.

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Sat 19 Aug 2017 9:01 pm)

Take off hosers ...

Fuck him, he's gone.  Often looked like a plank and yes he scored a lot of goals but we played with one up front and played everything through him, course he's going to score a lot.  I'm surprised at £15m, thought to would be more like £18m.  Contracts mean fuck all, they just up the price.

Fair enough, it might be the only chance he gets to play in the PL. The gulf between the PL and the Football league is so great that, yes, we can be a feeder club for any of those clubs, even Brighton or Bournemouth...deep sigh

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Fuck him.
Reminds me of the time when Hugh Grant shagged that ugly prozzi when he was going out with Liz Hurley.
An Irish Comedian came on and said..
"You might think us Irish are stupid, but yer man Hugh Grant is the biggest eejut i've ever seen.  It's  like having the finest champagne in your fridge and then drinking your own piss"
Good Luck you big ugly cunt, you'll need it .

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Fuck him, he's gone.  Often looked like a plank and yes he scored a lot of goals but we played with one up front and played everything through him, course he's going to score a lot.  I'm surprised at £15m, thought to would be more like £18m.  Contracts mean fuck all, they just up the price.

Being up front on your own makes it harder.

I Wood wrote:

Fuck him.
Reminds me of the time when Hugh Grant shagged that ugly prozzi when he was going out with Liz Hurley.
An Irish Comedian came on and said..
"You might think us Irish are stupid, but yer man Hugh Grant is the biggest eejut i've ever seen.  It's  like having the finest champagne in your fridge and then drinking your own piss"
Good Luck you big ugly cunt, you'll need it .

ace

And true

Smutty Lips wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Being up front on your own makes it harder.

Harder for him but we channelled most things through him so he got the opportunities and consequently the goals.  The team will play a different way and the goals will come from other areas.

The phrase "feeder club" doesn't quite cover it for me.  It's simply the money from TV.  9 months time we could be swapping places with Burnley and no Leeds player will want to go there then unless we want them to.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Sun 20 Aug 2017 7:28 am)

Since the creation of the premier/ champions league and all the money it brings , it has made it an unfair playing field . Liverpool feel they are being bullied by Barcelona as they themselves have beet bullying Southampton. PSG did it to Barcelona with Neymar. It's what football is today. If your not dining at the very top table or don't have Arab owners with a bottomless pit of money , you will loose good players.
I think it's a good deal for us and him , he's not worth half that money. We're cashing in while his stock is high and so is he.

To stand aside is to take sides.

white dragon wrote:

Since the creation of the premier/ champions league and all the money it brings , it has made it an unfair playing field . Liverpool feel they are being bullied by Barcelona as they themselves have beet bullying Southampton. PSG did it to Barcelona with Neymar. It's what football is today. If your not dining at the very top table or don't have Arab owners with a bottomless pit of money , you will loose good players.
I think it's a good deal for us and him , he's not worth half that money. We're cashing in while his stock is high and so is he.

Bang on.

In an ideal world he'd have stayed but the football world is far from ideal.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

We're not bullying Southampton.

Have they not ever taken the money? Did they bully Celtic? Or others?

There is no bullying from clubs, there's greed from players and agents.

Chris Wouldn't

king of the slums wrote:

Chris Wouldn't

Cooda Shooda Woodnay.

Toronto Ted wrote:

4 days ago everyone was saying that 12M was an insult. 12M  !!! ... laughing all the way to the bank. Downside is obviously that they haven't found a decent replacement who guarantees goal, or at least has a scoring record.

12m is the new 5m, 15m the new 8m.

We can get a prolific goalscorer, better than Wood from abroad for 5m to 8m, but who? that is the problem.

Would Juventus have paid £30m for Michael Keane or anyone outside the Premier League £30m for Jordan Pickford.
English clubs pay it because of the TV money, it`s all now massively over inflated.
Why do English clubs pay premiums for English players, when they won`t go abroad anyway, they`re homesick after a fortnight in Tenerife and this Champions League squad numbers, can`t be it, because it`s been happening for years now.

________________________________________________________________________________

From TC's interview on the YEP website. Bang on:

“I only count on players who want to fight for the shirt, the badge and their team-mates. That was behind the decision not to have him in the squad. He travelled because there was a possibility he might play.'

So has the twat fucked off yet? Don't want these people hanging around like a bad smell.

Next.....

¡No pasaran!

He's gone.

Radz made a statement saying anyone with Wood 9 on the back of the shirt can go and trade it in for a new shirt at the club store..

Man, he's very very good...

Allegedly

https://www.facebook.com/LeedsUnitedAwa … 27/?type=3

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.