Topic: What happened to our best players?

I'm sure  wood will have a fuller wallet  by joining premier third rate league club Burnley, ready to rock ?

Looking at today's games the LUFC brightest and best of the last three years did the following
Byram - reserve not used
Cook - not in squad
Taylor- reserve not used
Mowatt- reserve not used
becchio - unused binman

I'm sure his role as understudy to united failure Sam vokes could be successful but I wouldn't bet on it.

Re: What happened to our best players?

English quotas, 40 man squads, someone has to make the numbers up.

They can pay bench warmers £3m a year apparently.  I'd rather have my u21s there and my u18s cleaning the boots not driving Porsches.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Fiery jack wrote:

I'm sure  wood will have a fuller wallet  by joining premier third rate league club Burnley, ready to rock ?

becchio - unused binman

Apparently he was at the game yesterday, and no not on the bins. smile

________________________________________________________________________________

George Swan - Went to City, didn`t make it there and he was eventually released by York City, last seen wandering around York City centre asking bemused tourists if they knew where Sarah Coggles was. He had heard they stocked some decent clobber.

Michael Woods - Went to Chelsea, had successful spells at Yeovil and Doncaster before valiantly fighting for survival with Hartlepool, but despite his ability they fell into non league football.

Tom Taiwo - Went with Woods to Chelsea, then Carlisle and Hibs, now struts his stuff at Falkirk.

Luke Garbutt - At Everton, or was. Has had loan spells at various clubs, last seen playing for Wigan.

________________________________________________________________________________

Talking of former players, nice to see that Shitehouse Kewell having a low key successful managerial career.

Having been sacked as Watford youth team coach, he has got off to a stormer as Crawley, as manager.

Played 4
Won    0
Drawn 0
Lost     4

Win rate 0%....impressive.

Excellent news.

Site stalwart.

zicoslovechild wrote:

Talking of former players, nice to see that Shitehouse Kewell having a low key successful managerial career.

Having been sacked as Watford youth team coach, he has got off to a stormer as Crawley, as manager.

Played 4
Won    0
Drawn 0
Lost     4

Win rate 0%....impressive.

I'm sure he'll describe it as 100% record on his CV and Linkedin entry.

Along with one or two others from those glory days I'm in the process of erasing him from my memory

Last edited by Mega Armageddon Chickens (Sun 20 Aug 2017 9:08 pm)