Re: Birmingham City h

He is usually top banana though, granted.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Smutty Lips wrote:

Happy times in the Bickle household with both father and daughter getting used to that top of the league feeling.

Town are second behind Sutton I think. But she'll be buzzing. She was still awake at 2-0 (wasn't meant to be). Kept asking the score. I'll have gone to work when she gets up so I've left her a note.
Happy days...

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Yes last minute Sutton goal.

Mike Jones wrote:

TOP!!! Oh my giddy aunt

Haven't heard that for many years, but feel its totally appropriate given the circumstances.

BTW. What was the crowd?

Last edited by Mitaman (Wed 13 Sep 2017 1:05 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

90Piesanhour wrote:

De puta madre...

big_smile

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Sounds like an off night and we won, it's only September innit..

Good to see Berardi back, Pennington can't be too far behind, hopefully TC can get them into 4th gear and get them all happy with the rotation system and we can be 10 points clear by the Christmas break with a couple of additions in the window, only September innit..

Last edited by king of the slums (Wed 13 Sep 2017 2:12 am)

TC mentioned in his after-match presser that it increases the pressure as everyone now wants to beat Leeds. I am not so sure, teams have ALWAYS wanted to beat Leeds, more so the other Yorkshire clubs of course.

If you have any notion of going up, you need to be able to handle the pressure. Fulham last year being a case in point.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

The team showed that they are capable of grinding a result out. Can't be OLEing every game. Every week the opposition is different and will try different pre arranged plans to limit our ability to play football from back to front.

From the keeper on goal kicks or with the ball at his feet the centre halves go wide to full back position and the full backs go to wing and allow the midfield to take the ball to link play wide or the centre halves to bring the ball out, hence the fact Jansson has more touches than most outfield players. It's the way that kids are taught to play out from the back these days.

On Saturday Ayling and Anita were so high up the pitch it forced Burton back. Last night Brum made it difficult for them to do that thus nullifying the tactic and making them look like having an "off night". Orta on one wing and I think Boga on the other were a handful.

Brum were pushing the play up the field by pushing onto the space between centre halves and the rest of the team from these positions. They were well organised to close play down, particularly Saiz and Hernandez who clearly didn't have the same space and time afforded to them on Saturday. Our passing didn't look as good as previous games maybe this pressure from Brum affected that.

Ayling's goal line clearance is the slim margin to maintain a winning we will not concede mentality and not. I cannot believe why any team would sell him. Bristol City fans must be scratching their heads. He's the most consistent performer in the team. Was my man of the season last year

All the fantastic attacking play is great and Saiz is pure quality. But I've also been really impressed with Phillips this season. He's looks well solid, every game there seems to be a 50/50 or 40/60 and the other player ends up hobbling away. I think he's got great potential. I know a lot cant stand him.

Lassoga worked extremely hard all night. The first goal came from him chasing a ball down and shooting with some proper ferocity from an oblique angle, where by rights he shouldn't have been shooting from. 

We're top of the league. When was the last time we were top of the Championship or Div 2? I've no idea.. If they keep winning where they have to grind out a result then we can do something in this league. Good to see Cardiff lose. We may all have differing opinions on football but one thing I'm sure we agree on is that Warnock is a CUNT!

Last edited by placidcasual (Wed 13 Sep 2017 7:31 am)

placidcasual wrote:

The team showed that they are capable of grinding a result out. Can't be OLEing every game. Every week the opposition is different and will try different pre arranged plans to limit our ability to play football from back to front.

From the keeper on goal kicks or with the ball at his feet the centre halves go wide to full back position and the full backs go to wing and allow the midfield to take the ball to link play wide of the centre halves to bring the ball out, hence the fact Jansson has more touches than most outfield players. It's the way that kids are taught to play out from the back these days.

On Saturday Ayling and Anita were so high up the pitch it forced Burton back. Last night Brum made it difficult for them to do that thus nullifying the tactic and making them look like having an "off night". Orta on one wing and I think Boga on the other were a handful.

Brum were pushing the play up the field by pushing onto the space between centre halves and the rest of the team from these positions. They were well organised to close play down, particularly Saiz and Hernandez who clearly didn't have the same space and time afforded to them on Saturday. Our passing didn't look as good as previous games maybe this pressure from Brum affected that.

Ayling's goal line clearance is the slim margin to maintain a winning we will not concede mentality and not. I cannot believe why any team would sell him. Bristol City fans must be scratching their heads. He's the most consistent performer in the team. Was my man of the season last year

All the fantastic attacking play is great and Saiz is pure quality. But I've also been really impressed with Phillips this season. He's looks well solid, every game there seems to be a 50/50 or 40/60 and the other player ends up hobbling away. I think he's got great potential. I know a lot cant stand him.

Lassoga worked extremely hard all night. The first goal came from him chasing a ball down and shooting with some proper ferocity from an oblique angle, where by rights he shouldn't have been shooting from. 

We're top of the league. When was the last time we were top of the Championship or Div 2? I've no idea.. If they keep winning where they have to grind out a result then we can do something in this league. Good to see Cardiff lose. We may all have differing opinions on football but one thing I'm sure we agree on is that Warnock is a CUNT!

"I'm not very good at being a hedonist... ...must try harder"

Kevin Stapleton wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

From the keeper on goal kicks or with the ball at his feet the centre halves go wide to full back position and the full backs go to wing and allow the midfield to take the ball to link play wide of the centre halves to bring the ball out, hence the fact Jansson has more touches than most outfield players. It's the way that kids are taught to play out from the back these days.

Even better!!!

Fair play to Phillips, he's worked hard and improved immensely. He's cut out all the misplaced passes it seems.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Keeper still worries me , the one Ayling cleared off the line , looked like he should of gobbled it up and a ball flashed across his 6 yard box 2 nd half he was nowhere near .
For the first 15/20 mins we looked unplayable. After that it was a grind and 2-0 flattered us . Fantastic to be were we are this morning.

To stand aside is to take sides.

white dragon wrote:

Keeper still worries me , the one Ayling cleared off the line , looked like he should of gobbled it up and a ball flashed across his 6 yard box 2 nd half he was nowhere near .
For the first 15/20 mins we looked unplayable. After that it was a grind and 2-0 flattered us . Fantastic to be were we are this morning.

Have a look at this on 0:28 sec. That is horrible goalkeeping and a very clear training need.

Mitaman wrote:
white dragon wrote:

Have a look at this on 0:28 sec. That is horrible goalkeeping and a very clear training need.

Yeah, keeper should have stood up, not rushed in,attacker was going outside, easy to say here sat behind my keyboard with a chocice in hand..

From the little I have seen of him, he appears uncertain and when to come and when to stay with cross field/ box balls. That can be trained into him for sure. Would that be fair to say?

Also, does anyone know if the wretched online match streaming is sorted out yet?

Good save on 1:16 smile

Harvest wrote:

Fair play to Phillips, he's worked hard and improved immensely. He's cut out all the misplaced passes it seems.

Agreed.
Thought he was a liability at times last season and was genuinely hoping he'd do one in the summer.
Credit where credit's due though,he looks a different player this year and now plays to his strengths.
Happy to be proved wrong so far this season so more of the same please.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

king of the slums wrote:

....easy to say here sat behind my keyboard with a chocice in hand..

Is that slang for something?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

I fancy a Choc Ice.

Or chocice.

Mitaman wrote:

From the little I have seen of him, he appears uncertain and when to come and when to stay with cross field/ box balls. That can be trained into him for sure. Would that be fair to say?

Also, does anyone know if the wretched online match streaming is sorted out yet?

Stream was goosed for me on Saturday with no reply back from the club, seems to work for some and not others, I've had issues every match and it's a buffering / connection issue. I can only assume they can't handle the traffic so some people get bumped. Similar to those games on AceStream, if you're not on it at kick off or before you end up watching it buffer more often then not.

Didn't check last night as you know it was 3.45 am kick off

Harvest wrote:

I'll hold my hand up and say that I slagged  him off last year - he looked to be a yard off the pace and impetuous. Looks like he's worked his nuts off during pre season, so hats off to the lad.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

placidcasual wrote:

or the centre halves to bring the ball out, hence the fact Jansson has more touches than most outfield players.

It's not that he was given it, it's what he did with it, hoof every time with players available short and wide. It came back at us about 15/17 times first half. It was clearly pre-planned, didn't work and was changed second half.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Since this Canary has nothing to sing about (by all accounts a monstrously drab 0-0 home to Burton), allow me to congratulate you lot for going top of the table. Mind you, I'm bound by Dad in Blade heaven to hope you'll soon be overhauled smile

Mol wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

or the centre halves to bring the ball out, hence the fact Jansson has more touches than most outfield players.

It's not that he was given it, it's what he did with it, hoof every time with players available short and wide. It came back at us about 15/17 times first half. It was clearly pre-planned, didn't work and was changed second half.

Okane's growing every game on me by the way.

Good. About time. Gore still hates him big_smile