Re: Cardiff (a)

The coach and team have a lot to answer for this performance.  Christianson seems to have learned nothing from the Millwall game.  Back to square one :-/

How's the goalie been, any goals his fault ?

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

Baffling team selection,why fuck about with it?
Be interesting to hear the reasoning behind it.

As for Cooper the brain dead cunt!!

Where's O'Kane?

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

That was fun. Must do it again some time.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Where's O'Kane?

Had the shits, apparently. Cooper was just shit.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Wednesday will be licking their lips! Even worse than Millwall

TC was out thought and out coached. Bamba played great.

We made hoilet look like Renaldo and bamber like beckenbour. And grot look like showomwi. Cooper should of won the ball for the 2nd yellow, hesitated and game over . Wrong 11 started . To be fair we did ok 2nd half, but barring them getting a red , the game had gone. Without doubt Cooper cost us the game .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Pennington looked alright, maybe can stake a claim while cooper is suspended.

white dragon wrote:

We made hoilet look like Renaldo and bamber like beckenbour. And grot look like showomwi. Cooper should of won the ball for the 2nd yellow, hesitated and game over . Wrong 11 started . To be fair we did ok 2nd half, but barring them getting a red , the game had gone. Without doubt Cooper cost us the game .

I don't rate Grot from what I've seen of him, doesn't offer much up front and gives too many fouls away. They quoted he was very skillful on the ball when Leeds bought him, but I haven't seen any signs.

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

90Piesanhour wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Where's O'Kane?

Must admit, I have never been convinced about him at all. Has good players around him, but if he is targeted, he's always going to be in trouble I think. I may be wrong, but him and Wiedwald are the two weak links.

Edited to say that his sending off may be a blessing in disguise.

Last edited by Mitaman (Wed 27 Sep 2017 3:34 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mitaman wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Where's O'Kane?

Must admit, I have never been convinced about him at all. Has good players around him, but if he is targeted, he's always going to be in trouble I think. I may be wrong, but him and Wiedwald are the two weak links.

Edited to say that his sending off may be a blessing in disguise.

Agree

Hopfully Pennington and Jansson from now on.

Cooper's fault, but love him or loathe him, we can't fault him for the previous games he's played where he's been immense.

The buck has to stop with TC. He's known for his thorough research, so what did he not pick up on here? Cardiff away. A Warnock side with plenty to prove. Wasn't teed up for fancy Dan football. Or is he trying to make us a Barcelona? Viera starts, can't help thinking what he's done. Alioski goes to the bench, not a game for the Macedonian Messi, same for Paulo and certainly not a time to throw new players in the mix. Do that against Burton or where we have some room to breathe and tinker.

He should have picked a harder side and told them to go out there and clog the fuck out of them..

What he does for Wednesday is the next big question...

Last edited by king of the slums (Wed 27 Sep 2017 8:18 am)

king of the slums wrote:

Fair dos, Cooper was shit previously, but had earned himself a place, seemed to have messed that up..

The buck has to stop with TC, he's known for his thorough research as well, so what did he not get? Cardiff away. A Warnock side with plenty to prove. Wasn't teed up for fancy Dan football. Viera starts. Alioski goes to the bench and not a time to throw new players in, do that against Burton or where we have some room to breathe.

He should have picked a harder side and told them to go out there and clog the fuck out of them..

What he does for Wednesday is the next big question...

There is a pattern emerging, you play physical sides i.e. Millwall, any side managed by Warnock, any side managed by McCarthy and you need a plan. This league is full of physically tough players, TC needs to work this shit out. As someone once said, you have to kick your way out of this league.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

I don't think you need to kick your way out of the league - more be able to kick when required and then play football

The trick is to have the steel then to play the football

If he'd have played Grot from the start then he'd have just been kicked around by their two centre halves and Sol Bamba - the idea of playing Roofe up front,  to me at least,  was sound.  Keep it to feet,  fast breaks,  neat inter passing,  don't play into the lumbering defenders arms by putting it long

However,  to do this we needed to win midfield which we certainly didn't.  Playing Viera from the start would have been a good decision,  I didn't mind Dallas starting out wide as he'll put a shift in,  a 4-5-1 with 3 willing to put their foot in and 2 looking to create (but still able to chase and harry) would be my choice

Still,  TC can't be blamed for an idiot falling over his own feet for the first goal,  defenders backing off with a goalie stuck in non-existent mud for the second,  and an eejit lacking the nouse not to scythe down someone on the touchline when he was going nowhere

Onwards and upwards.  Bit more steel in midfield but continue trying to unlock defences with speed and guile

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Yes, but Cardiff forced us into the mistakes. They were all over us like a bloody rash.

T C needs to learn and settle on the nucleus of a first 11 . Too many changes from game to game guilty of over thinking it . We looked disjointed with back 4 exposed, maybe defending too deep . I though Dallas was one of our better players last night. Klich shouldn’t of started And Phillips should of been subbed, we were in danger of going down to 9 men. This is a learning curve for our new coach . We’re doing great tings against the lower teams but not able to impose our game on the stronger sides . Anita or Shaunessey might of been a better replacement for Okane . when Hernandez took them couple of knocks early doors , you knew it wasn’t a game for him.

Mitaman wrote:

Yes, but Cardiff forced us into the mistakes. They were all over us like a bloody rash.

I don't disagree with that but playing a team of cloggers won't help that

A player who is good on the ball but can kick too is a special thing

Probably why the likes of Bremner and Giles were such magnificent players

(I was going to add Batty but possibly over-egging it there)

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Never saw the other two but go on, add him in.

Disappointing is an understatement.
I know the games are thick and fast in this decision, but 5 changes?
As soon as I saw the line up I thought TC must be a tactical genius, he isn`t.
No easy games in this division and as much as I like Hernandez, is he made of china.

It would be great if Pennington comes off and gets a run in the side.
Disappointed not to see Saiz in the starting 11. I will be amazed if him and Lasogga don`t start against Wednesday.

________________________________________________________________________________

We go 3rd tonight.

Last edited by Harvest (Wed 27 Sep 2017 5:46 pm)

Site stalwart.

Loose Lips wrote:

Never saw the other two but go on, add him in.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Facebook_like_thumb.png

zicoslovechild wrote:

Disappointing is an understatement.
I know the games are thick and fast in this decision, but 5 changes?
As soon as I saw the line up I thought TC must be a tactical genius, he isn`t.
No easy games in this division and as much as I like Hernandez, is he made of china.

It would be great if Pennington comes off and gets a run in the side.
Disappointed not to see Saiz in the starting 11. I will be amazed if him and Lasogga don`t start against Wednesday.

I get the impression that he is experimenting with his squad as he still does not (after only 10 games) fully know the capabilities of each player and indeed the opposition in this league. He probably now has a good idea of his best 11, or at least he hope he does. What he seems less sure on is who and how he can rotate the team. That bit he hasn't got right yet. It may take a bit longer.

Some interesting stats towards the bottom of this page.
https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/T … ampionship

PS. I hope he plays Pennington alongside Jansson on Sunday, that has the potential to be a very good partnership. We shall see.

Last edited by Mitaman (Thu 28 Sep 2017 2:11 am)

What if TC thought, fuck this Cardiff are too much like Millwall we aren't ready for that sort of game just now, we'll take what's coming to us and protect the confidence of the best eleven.

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/vid … 170736700/