Topic: The Championship 2017/18

New thread required for all the other stuff?

Misura's gang up there now. Villa on the rise. Sunderland relegated by Christmas etc

Site stalwart.

Re: The Championship 2017/18

I would be happy enough for Sheffield Utd to go up, not at our expense of course.

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Villa finding form. Bristol City too - wouldn't mind seeing them as runners up to us.

Site stalwart.

East midlands Derby Sunday.  At Forest - I smell goals.

Aim Low and miss...

Wolves hitting form.

Site stalwart.

Saw them against Burton, got some quality players. Spent some big money this season though

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

They need to go up or FFP will fuck them.  Fucking dingle dog heads.

Aim Low and miss...

Wolves about to put 12 points between them and us.

Site stalwart.

Which they have.

Site stalwart.

I fancy Villa to win it myself and I don't think Derby will be that far away.

Hopefully we'll be safely tucked in the Championship grey zone by this stage.

O'Kane says that TC is very like Eddie Howe. I'm not sure this is a good thing, Howe always looks like he is going to cry and he seemed to find Burnley a little scary.

Oh dear.

Chris Coleman to take over at Sunderland.

Site stalwart.

Silly sod

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

What's he done that for?

Knocking bet there's a divorce being funded by that daft move.

Expanding Man wrote:

What's he done that for?

Knocking bet there's a divorce being funded by that daft move.

Hardly a surprise given the amounts he must spend on hair dye and teeth whitener!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Harvest wrote:

A very strange decision, and one which might end his career as a manager. It's a club in crisis, which is more than likely going to go down this season, and will need a drastic financial haircut to move on next season. There's a lot of unhappiness still to be felt at the new roker park. The fans have a tendancy to turn against their managers whatever they do. I doubt he'll be in the role in 6mths.

Saying that, if the NI manager jacks his gig in and takes the scottish job, that's a daft one as well.

"To tell you the truth, a lot of the younger lads don't care about the FA Cup, they think it's just something your Grandparents talk about. They'd rather we got knocked out." Trevor Davies - Streatham Rovers Football Club

Misura wrote:
Harvest wrote:

A very strange decision, and one which might end his career as a manager. It's a club in crisis, which is more than likely going to go down this season, and will need a drastic financial haircut to move on next season. There's a lot of unhappiness still to be felt at the new roker park. The fans have a tendancy to turn against their managers whatever they do. I doubt he'll be in the role in 6mths.

Saying that, if the NI manager jacks his gig in and takes the scottish job, that's a daft one as well.

Besides that,if he'd waited another couple of weeks the Leeds job might have been an option!

Thank fuck he didn't!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Harvest wrote:

New thread required for all the other stuff?

Misura's gang up there now. Villa on the rise. Sunderland relegated by Christmas etc

We could be in a bit of shit now,. Our midfield three of duffy, fleck & coutts have been the engine room for the last 18mths worth of success. Coutts in particular has been quality. Unfortuanlte he broke his leg last night at burton sad and is out for the season. Going on the great united tradition of tight fistedness & making the wrong decisions at crtiical times, this might be the start of the end or the end of the start.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article11540568.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Burton-Albion-v-Sheffield-United-Sky-Bet-Championship-Pirelli-Stadium.jpg

"To tell you the truth, a lot of the younger lads don't care about the FA Cup, they think it's just something your Grandparents talk about. They'd rather we got knocked out." Trevor Davies - Streatham Rovers Football Club

See Sheff U and Fulham though they were playing in 1949 last night.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

See Sheff U and Fulham though they were playing in 1949 last night.

Strange game. 4-5 looks a lot better than 2-5! They were hanging on at the end. We'd gone to 2-4-4 for the last 10 minutes.

I think that they only had 7 shots all night, 5 went in, 1 produced a great save from our keeper and the other went in but was ruled out for a foul in the build up.

That sessignon is some player.

Slutsky to go as City coach today. Nigel Adkins incoming.

fuck my footballing life

Point 7 of my rant. The gift that keeps giving. Slutsky looked like one of those miserable bears in 3rd world zoo's when we played you a couple of weeks ago. He was just pacing around the technical area looking in distress. Howling.

I'd rather have fred karno than nigel adkins.

Adkins raised a smile in his managers’ office when he turned the tables on his interrogators, asking: “What’s the biggest room in your house? The room for improvement.”

For that comment alone he should've been taken out into the centre circle, blindfolded and shot, Estadio Nacional style.

Down at the mother in law's for the weekend so me and the lad got the train to Villa v Ipswich. Probably been about 15 times to Villa before but still love it. Proper ground. The brickwork at the back of the Holte End is ace. There's a section where they've built a stand, Doug Ellis Stand I think, over the road so cars can go under, always think Leeds should do that with South Stand. No queues at the many toilets either, unlike East Stand at ER where you spend 5 minutes waiting for a piss.

Villa did enough to win. That Adomah who got both looked shit hot. Snodgrass was a bit laboured, never the quickest. Samba at the back was an enormous human mountain. They'll test us on Friday, bit. Head of steam at the moment.

Site stalwart.

Bristol City??....proper shit aren't they and yet look at the league table?
Seen Cardiff a couple of times and they look utter toss too!

Fucking nuts this division!

City are back, hello, hello ....

Wolves couldn’t beat Sunderland, who were down to Ten men after an hour . Them and villa let my acca down .

To stand aside is to take sides.