Topic: Work related stress

Does it exist or is it people trying it on?
Discuss.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Re: Work related stress

Yes.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Discuss.

Bit of both I reckon.  Seen some really sound, hard working people struggling.

And some dodgy fuckers having a laugh.

Like everything else in life really.

"We are The Fall"

Yes.

Site stalwart.

Good..thanks for the confirmation.

Our Head of Department reckons there's no such thing!

"if it's work related then they are in the wrong job"

Cunt

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Cunt

No, he's in the wrong job. If you have an HR dept this needs reporting. Sounds like the sort of prick who would tell someone with depression to cheer up.

Site stalwart.

Email this to him, some useful shit in here for the dumb fuck manager.

'Welcome @49ers to our family ...together to make the history of our glorious Club'   Kim J. U.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Cunt

What a fucking whopper.  Harvest is bang on, he's actually a risk to the company.  He will be in some pretty warm water if his HR Director gets to know about this.  Even if you are trying to get shot of someone and you suspect they are taking the piss it's a very dangerous game to open your mouth.  Procedures are there for a reason.

I think work stress is becoming more common, as we are all asked to fill more than one roll even mates of mine who have never looked for promotions, were happy to keep their head down are having pressure put on them that they never wanted. 

Not everyone can juggle so many balls, good management should spot this.  Horses for courses innit?

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Fri 29 Sep 2017 1:22 pm)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Discuss.

It's easy to dsimiss it and say it doesn't exist, until you experience it yourself then it becomes very real.

I experienced it myself about 8 years ago and to be honest I can look back on it now and it taught me one of the best lessons I've ever learnt. NO job or client is worth putting yourself under so much pressure that you turn into a nervous and emotional wreck. I still do the same job, but can tell much earlier when things are getting on top of me and know how to ease back so I don't ever find myself like that again.

In defence of your head of dept,(not that he should be defended), it is a diffcult condition to understand until it happens to yourself or somebody close. Before it happened to me, I also wasn't sure that it existed.

Harvest wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Cunt

No, he's in the wrong job. If you have an HR dept this needs reporting. Sounds like the sort of prick who would tell someone with depression to cheer up.

You don't report people like this, instead you log every "bullying" comment they make about stressed people.  It's worth at least 6 months paid leave and a big fat cheque when you decide to move jobs "due to the constant negative atmosphere created by the manager when your mental condition became known".

Cunts like this are walking reasons for expensive litigation and are therefore worth their weight in gold to someone.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Never worked for anyone else apart from my Mrs now, and she stresses the fuck out of me.

Dont know what its like working for someone else, but for yourself, its all on you, paying your staff, suppliers, yourself...
I was a walking wreck for a good 3 years, nerves shot, drinking way too much, panic attacks. lack of sleep.

LBB's right, even when its your own business you need to know when to take the pressure off.

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

Never worked for anyone else apart from my Mrs now, and she stresses the fuck out of me.

Dont know what its like working for someone else, but for yourself, its all on you, paying your staff, suppliers, yourself...
I was a walking wreck for a good 3 years, nerves shot, drinking way too much, panic attacks. lack of sleep.

LBB's right, even when its your own business you need to know when to take the pressure off.

I know these feelings very well.

Theres work related stress and stress knowing that you could be out of work. Stress that if you do end up out of work, will you get back into work. The older you get, the more all of the above increase. Just my view on it.

'Welcome @49ers to our family ...together to make the history of our glorious Club'   Kim J. U.

Mitaman wrote:

Ace that Mitaman and so relevant to the type of shit that's going off at our place lately.

Space is right.  If you're coming under unreasonable pressure from your boss, make sure you log every single incident, what was said and to whom and make a note of who else was there too.

You might think it's a situation you can handle but believe me, shit like that can end up having a massive effect on you, especially if it ramps up over a period of time.

I was in a job I loved doing that ended up turning sour with the introduction of a new boss. I watched her destroy so many people, all of whom left one by one until it was finally my turn. She worked on me for nearly 6 months and made my life a misery, even though I was over-performing. Because I'd seen her do it to others, I recognised her MO and noted everything down. She finally fucked up and went overboard on me in front of witnesses, which along with the diary I'd kept ended up burying her.

What pissed me off most was the company knew what she was like and yet did nothing about it. I made sure it cost them in the end though, the bastards..

Mitaman wrote:

Video removed.
What was the name of the guy who did this,I'd like to search for it as I now have a use for it?

Cheers

It's real enough and when it hits it's horrible, funnily enough I've always found the pull your socks up you soft twat types not that stressful. It's the political snide cunts that play it by the book, lick the right arses then pile on the pressure in a "managerial" way that are the ones to watch.

Last edited by king of the slums (Wed 07 Feb 2018 2:09 pm)

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

Video removed.
What was the name of the guy who did this,I'd like to search for it as I now have a use for it?

Cheers

I have a use for you.

http://fanfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/p04m9ybh.jpg

Aim Low and miss...

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

Video removed.

Cheers

Simon Sinek - Nobody Wins:

Thanks EM