Topic: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Roll up, roll up ...

http://jonathanandolivia.com/footwear.h … turer=2035

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

The green intacks are very appealing.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

I'm in for a pair of MCCARTEN in a 9

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

If anyone is interested if they sell out in the UK then I'll see what i can do with shipping.
Launch party next Thursday if anyone fancies popping over for a couple of beers or if there's any Toronto lurkers on here big_smile

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Fri 06 Oct 2017 1:23 am)

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Just bought some green Pumas suedes. Took me an age to find some I wanted. And even now I'm not convinced.....
https://cdn5.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Puma-Suede-Classic.jpg?x77385

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

I'm afraid I didn't look at the sneakers as I was distracted by the 80%-sale sign

Good luck with next Thursday though smile

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

I'm afraid I didn't look at the sneakers as I was distracted by the 80%-sale sign

Good luck with next Thursday though smile

A sign of good stock selection.

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Misura wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

I'm afraid I didn't look at the sneakers as I was distracted by the 80%-sale sign

Good luck with next Thursday though smile

A sign of good stock selection.

Yeezy,  yeezy,  Yeezy........

*handsclappingoverhead*

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Travis Bickle wrote:

Just bought some green Pumas suedes. Took me an age to find some I wanted. And even now I'm not convinced.....
https://cdn5.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Puma-Suede-Classic.jpg?x77385


Bob on them Trav.

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Only like the green intaks too... nice them

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Like the shoes.

But it's like looking at Claire Margarson.

http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/t4916- … arson.html

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Expanding Man wrote:

Like the shoes.

But it's like looking at Claire Margarson.

http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/t4916- … arson.html

whatever floats yer boat...

I like the TRX, I like runner  the rest i dont need to look like a middle aged bloke pretending to have been there frst time round

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Toronto Ted wrote:
Expanding Man wrote:

Like the shoes.

But it's like looking at Claire Margarson.

http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/t4916- … arson.html

whatever floats yer boat...

I like the TRX, I like runner  the rest i dont need to look like a middle aged bloke pretending to have been there frst time round

This
Adidas is no replacement for Grecian 2000 or Just for Men!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

I like the new release shoes they're doing.

Ted, talk to us about that scarf for $695? Has anyone actually bought one of them. Have you had to pay to stock it, how is that manageable as a business? Do you have to take a few of those more less normal product lines to create the cachet for the shop.

Genuine questions, not trying to be clever.

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

No offence taken, it's a good question, and one that sometimes keeps me awake at night,  that I'll happily answer after I shoved my face full of turkey and other goodies this Thanksgiving weekend, or when the outlaws fall asleep

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Toronto Ted wrote:

No offence taken, it's a good question, and one that sometimes keeps me awake at night,  that I'll happily answer after I shoved my face full of turkey and other goodies this Thanksgiving weekend, or when the outlaws fall asleep

The crackle of another log on the fire, a bottle of château margaux '79 gently warming on its silver salver, the turkey resting in its juices ready to carve, the chatter of the family on the veranda surrounded by the autumnal hue and the anticipation of selling another vetements heavy denim shirt hangs gently in the air. Life is good at chez ted? big_smile

Last edited by Misura (Sat 07 Oct 2017 3:56 pm)

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Sales are slowing down man .... I had to downgrade to a Saint Joseph 2005 and its pissing it down sad

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Sat 07 Oct 2017 4:43 pm)

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

What 'help' do you get from 'brands'?

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

In reply to Placid #1

In reference to the 'ultras' scarf. I/we (Mrs TT and me) spotted the Vetements collection early on, one of the first 10 stores in the world to pick up the collection. It started early on looking like a very early Margiela collection... price freaked us out a bit but we believed in it
Slow start but then the phenomomen and hype kicked in... A list celebs at the shows, wearing it, a couple of cool t-shirts and bingo no-one was batting an eyelid to buy $1500 sweatshirts. They've milked it for all its worth, the designer is now doing balenciaga at the same time and the hype's over. We still sell it well but it used to walk out of the door, much like YEEZY,HOOD BY AIR and OFF/WHITE.
But much like great club nights put on by your mates ... the crowd changes, the vibe changes and before you know it the kids in elememtary school are wearing it

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Is there any link between palace & vetements? Palace have done the ultra scarf and socks recently.

https://process.fs.grailed.com/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/resize=height:880,fit:scale/output=format:jpg,quality:70/compress/2Eg77HzSQPyMLTYs2vg7

Last edited by Misura (Sun 08 Oct 2017 2:18 pm)

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Palace was created by the lad who did Pointer footwear
Football scarves in fashion originally done by CDG

#2 coming after the turkey

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

#2 ...

Buying certain collections, much like buying a certain player in football, creates leverage to bring in other collections/ players you want. Vetements was definitely one of these. Its not so much now but served its purpose to being in those other lines, Margiela, Yohji Yamamoto ... and it sold well.

Mr Expanding ... help from brands ? F*ck all the greedy bastards. Take Alexander Wang ... does collab collections with adidas for example and releases it earlier in his own store compared to multibrand retailers.
In saying that adidas are footing the bill for the launch party on Thursday night, Cheap as chips admittedly but still its appreciated.
Its a tough old game and there's not many 'fashion' multibrand stores left, squeezed out by luxury lines, monobrand stores once you've built the name up for them, department stores permanently discounting, online retailers and the high street.

Still fun finding new stuff, working with interesting people ... we're bring in the T-s from Know Wave. For those who are up on Supreme you'll probably know this.

There's worse ways to earn a living and i appreciate the life I've led thanks to it

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Mon 09 Oct 2017 10:53 pm)

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Toronto Ted wrote:

#2 ...

Buying certain collections, much like buying a certain player in football, creates leverage to bring in other collections/ players you want. Vetements was definitely one of these. Its not so much now but served its purpose to being in those other lines, Margiela, Yohji Yamamoto ... and it sold well.

Mr Expanding ... help from brands ? F*ck all the greedy bastards. Take Alexander Wang ... does collab collections with adidas for example and releases it earlier in his own store compared to multibrand retailers.
In saying that adidas are footing the bill for the launch party on Thursday night, Cheap as chips admittedly but still its appreciated.
Its a tough old game and there's not many 'fashion' multibrand stores left, squeezed out by luxury lines, monobrand stores once you've built the name up for them, department stores permanently discounting, online retailers and the high street.

Still fun finding new stuff, working with interesting people ... we're bring in the T-s from Know Wave. For those who are up on Supreme you'll probably know this.

There's worse ways to earn a living and i appreciate the life I've led thanks to it

Would scare the living shit out of me Ted to be honest

But then again,  I know knack all about fashion and am,  inherently,  a tight wad from Cleckheckmosedge

Good luck to you and the Mrs

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

Thanks Ray

Dont know how to post a picture thats not a URL ... but here's one window

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … mp;theater

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Adidas SPZL - shameless promotion

All interesting stuff Ted, thanks for sharing that. Stock turnover is the key to success I imagine, and also its biggest risk.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share