Re: World Cup Play Offs draw

Obviously, mol's the man when it comes to the ins & outs in the emerald isle, but the whole thing could be viewed as a beautiful oportunity; a perfect chance to reform & create with a clean slate. Out with the old guard, etc.  The u19's appear to be doing alright at the moment.

Obafemi (17)
Afolabi (17)
Malomby (18)

"To tell you the truth, a lot of the younger lads don't care about the FA Cup, they think it's just something your Grandparents talk about. They'd rather we got knocked out." Trevor Davies - Streatham Rovers Football Club

Misura wrote:

Obviously, mol's the man when it comes to the ins & outs in the emerald isle, but the whole thing could be viewed as a beautiful oportunity; a perfect chance to reform & create with a clean slate. Out with the old guard, etc.  The u19's appear to be doing alright at the moment.

Obafemi (17)
Afolabi (17)
Malomby (18)

O,  A,  M???

Space isn't going to be happy!

On a more serious note,  clean sweep.  bring in a younger manager who can work with younger players.  The current ones are creaking and it needs a new broo.

Chris Hughton would be a good shout if he wasn't doing (quite) well at Brighton

Also,  if they're being realistic,  a return to scouring around for new Townsends,  Houghton's,  Cascarino's is the only way they'll do anything in the short to medium term

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Just watched the aussies do Honduras 3-1 at home in the 2nd leg (0-0 after 1st) to confirm their place - any chance of list of them mis?

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Misura wrote:

Obafemi (17)
Afolabi (17)
Malomby (18)

O,  A,  M???

On a more serious note,  clean sweep.  bring in a younger manager who can work with younger players.  The current ones are creaking and it needs a new broo.

Also,  if they're being realistic,  a return to scouring around for new Townsends,  Houghton's,  Cascarino's is the only way they'll do anything in the short to medium term

Well, you say that.......

I think it was mol who wrote a really good ranty piece on here about how a very good young generation of irish players were destroyed by big jack and the english/scottish interlopers. Possibly an u21 team that had done well/showed promise.

I'd probably agree with you.

Wales are playing the long game (5 to 10yrs) and have acted quickly by attracting & blooding english youngsters (ampadu, brooks, hedges & woodburn) into the full team. They've also got a lad called rabbi matondo (17) in the u21's, who was born in liverpool, started off at cardiff and is currently at citeh, who is meant to be very, very good. As well as dasilva, harries, mepham, thomas, babos & roberts who are english. If i were them i'd also be looking into the background of patrick roberts at celtic.

"To tell you the truth, a lot of the younger lads don't care about the FA Cup, they think it's just something your Grandparents talk about. They'd rather we got knocked out." Trevor Davies - Streatham Rovers Football Club

CBIT wrote:

Just watched the aussies do Honduras 3-1 at home in the 2nd leg (0-0 after 1st) to confirm their place - any chance of list of them mis?

I'm not some dirty list whore, you know!

Shouldn't you be working?!?!?

Yeah, been watching that myself. Two poor stodgy teams. 40th & 60th in the world? It kinda showed.

Misura wrote:
Misura wrote:

Obafemi (17)
Afolabi (17)
Malomby (18)

O,  A,  M???

I think it was mol who wrote a really good ranty piece on here about how a very good young generation of irish players were destroyed by big jack and the english/scottish interlopers. Possibly an u21 team that had done well/showed promise.

Wales are playing the long game (5 to 10yrs) and have acted quickly by attracting & blooding english youngsters (ampadu, brooks, hedges & woodburn) into the full team. They've also got a lad called rabbi matondo (17) in the u21's, who was born in liverpool, started off at cardiff and is currently at citeh, who is meant to be very, very good. As well as dasilva, harries, mepham, thomas, babos & roberts who are english. If i were them i'd also be looking into the background of patrick roberts at celtic.

I think Big jack went too far - feed in more established Guinness drinkers around the Irish youth to get it started.  Bolster the game over there,  steal a few GAA players etc etc

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Misura wrote:
Misura wrote:

Obafemi (17)
Afolabi (17)
Malomby (18)

O,  A,  M???

Other teams have got wise to that ploy - see Delaney playing in midfield for Denmark. Some Dublin mates called him a Quisling cunt, told em he must have a Danish grandma...

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?