Topic: Shaymen v Torquay

2 points lost.
Torquay were bottom this morning. 7 points from 15 games. Town had Kosylo back. We were optimistic when we took our seats. I'd give you a report of the first half but it was so uneventful and poor I think my brain has deliberately erased all memory of it.
No Denton but in his place was George Waring who signed on loan from Tranmere this week. Like 'Big Dents' but with hair. And he scored on his debut. Played okay.
There's some grafters in this team. And a few with some skill. But I'm beginning to wonder what Connor Oliver, Town's 10, actually does. He can pass accurately at times. And he isn't necessarily shit. It's just that for the role he's meant to play he falls short, very short.
Shit game but we had a laugh.
Torquay had the obligatory 'wacky' fan, Tom Baker-esque long scarf and shorts. They brought 60 or 70, maybe more. You've got to admire people that do a 550 mile round trip to watch the bottom of the league team draw in Halifax. Especially as the rain was biblical by the second half.
I'm loving this season, watching her learn what football is all about but it's frustrating at times as I reckon there's a half decent team waiting to show itself at Town. Kosylo is worthy of a league team but hopefully he'll stay where he is.
We sit in line with the home dugout. She loves watching 'Mr Angry', Billy Heath the manager. Bullet-headed and loud. He stood defiantly in his suit when it pissed it down in the second half, even refused the big coat one of the backroom staff brought him. Gives you an idea of the sort of manager he is. If you read the message boards he splits opinion with the fans.

She confirmed her 'against modern football' credentials by moaning about the two drums in the crowd (a home and an away one).

1-1. Could and should do better....Maidstone United on Tuesday night. She'll probably be allowed to go if she's grafted at school. Tranmere away next Saturday.

Spot the mini-Bickle.....
https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22552338_10155337238771725_1008747388966946666_n.jpg?oh=e7c2922dffd1410eccd1ba20e38c04b2&oe=5A7EC792

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Shaymen v Torquay

I actually find these reports better than the Leeds ones, they seem more wholesome for some reason. You can almost smell the chips, lager breath and occasional fart in the stand..

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

She's laying off the lager this season....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Having to miss tonight's game. Long story but quite disappointed tbh.
Anyway, here's a picture of the Shay from the 60s.....
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22552575_10154843691425025_7806151569078728921_n.jpg?oh=8d9e0adc6933aaf7c6a9310249f1b199&oe=5A6C3D41

In other news, tickets bought for Tranmere away....

Fucking hell, "grim up north" in a nutshell

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Seems we lucked out missing tonight. They were shit apparently. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the 10, Connor Oliver, is crap.
Tranmere ran them ragged in the Cup. Saturday should be fun......welcome to watching football love.....