Topic: Half Man Half Biscuit - The Welly, Hull

I do love going to a gig where being middle-aged and unfashionable means you're the 'in crowd'. I'd never go as far as Dukla Prague away kit (some now take Joy Division over gloves and one bloke wears a hi-vis with 'King of Hi-Vis on the back, all song references for the uninitiated) but they are still utter genius to me.
Nigel Blackwell has to be one of the cleverest and funniest men about.
Yep, it's all a bit anorak but so fucking what, it'll do for me. Ken, the guitarist, is ill. The lad standing in for him was great, a slightly heavier sound as a result.
His spiel between songs is often worth the admission price. We had the credits to Coronation Street and historic Pontefract amongst other things.
The obligatory cover in the encore was a belters, The Undertones 'My Perfect Cousin'.
Good venue too. Cheers to Rudi for the heads up on parking. A good night was had by all....I reckon I might give London a go next year for a laugh.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Half Man Half Biscuit - The Welly, Hull

Trav,  I'll be getting tickets so let me know if you're off - can meet up for a few beers and the like

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Just seen that, on paper, I'm working in Leeds that Friday (convinced myself it was a Saturday). If that changes I'm off and I'll let you know.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Tickets bought for Friday 8th June

Might take the afternoon off so i can get properly 'in the mood'

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.