Topic: Leyton Orient V Dover

My first trip to Brisbane Road yesterday.  Proper stadium among a load of terraced houses just of Leyton High Street.  What a fucking shit hole Leyton is though - Jesus,

Had a few beers in the Coach and Horses - what a fucking shit hole - there is a theme here isn't there.

We took 537 - It felt like double that, we were very noisy throughout and Leyton were as quiet as mice.  There were 4000 of them.

The game - we are very muscular as has been reported before - big lump up top and most stuff was direct to him, over the top - not pretty at all although that Norty Nortie (sp) can play a bit and took his goal well.  We were all over them in the first half and in a classic 'game of two halves' they were all over us in the second and equalised on 70 odd minutes, they at least tried to play - we just lumped it over the top again.  They were lucky not to win it.  Our keeper pulled off a great save and there two goal line clearances.

Back to the pub after and I bumped into people I had not seen for 25+ years.  All in all a bloody great day out and we are still top.  You Whites!

Aim Low and miss...

Re: Leyton Orient V Dover

That norty nortie was at Wrexham last season, looked clueless when I seen him .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Whats Leyton like, always wanted to go but never got the chance.

Is it your traditional white East end brigade or more a Tottenham esque mix of Afro Carribean, Greco Cypriot crowd... Not that it matters, just interested.

Last edited by placidcasual (Sun 19 Nov 2017 10:12 pm)

Very white, very east end, lots of table lads in Stone Island and aquascutum.  Nice little ground though and if you get the chance.

Just been reading that Orient are in For our manager Chris Kinnear.  I'd imagine he'd leap at it - full time and he is a teacher as well as  managing Dover part time.

Aim Low and miss...

Seen Leeds there. Fuck, we were in the same division as Orient???

Site stalwart.

I remember them playing Arsenal in the 78 cup semi, when such things mattered. Played at Stamford Bridge.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

Seen Leeds there. Fuck, we were in the same division as Orient???

My thoughts entirely - add Yeovil to that list

I quite liked the quirkiness of the ground with blocks of flats in the corners but the area is typical East End - a seemingly majority Asian population with 99.9% of the fans being white.  I imagine there is more white faces around now but they'd be drinking Tyskie

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

danpiesley wrote:

although that Norty Nortie (sp) can play a bit and took his goal well.

Has he been watching too much Danny Dyer?