Topic: Depeche Mode - Brum

Saw this lot for the first time. I got into them in the late 80's after Violater. Then a bit more from her in doors.

But they were superb, proper stadium stuff & the volume was immense. Dave Gahan is up there for me. Enjoy the Silence is one of the best songs ever by anyone.
Push comes to a shove New Order are the best electronic group, but these are a close second. A great evening.

I am just a common breed

Re: Depeche Mode - Brum

I love The Mode - I have a very vivid memory of standing in me mate's dad's greenhouse listening to the radio as New Life was playing in 1981.  I was 10.  I remember thinking - this is fucking ace and started buying the 7" singles before then buying buying up all their vinyl - i've shit loads of it.

However I have never seen them live.  The ticket price of that tour was a bit rich.

Have you listened 101 or seen the accompanying film?  it is very good.  Mode in there absolute pomp IMHO.

Aim Low and miss...

Re: Depeche Mode - Brum

Yes wasn't cheap, but it was money well spent. A proper stadium band. The bass line to enjoy the silence still gives me the shivers.

The tshirts were 30squid. They will make some serious money from this tour I reckon.

I am just a common breed