Re: Ashes 2017/2018

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Chopper Read wrote:

Just a shame we lost that fourth wicket right at the close of play.  Needs a Captains innings tomorrow from Root!

Or heavy rain!

Either of those will do nicely.

Useless cunts!

Whitewash here we come!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

I got up at 5am to watch it

Didn't see a ball bowled live

The Woakes dismissal was a funny one - how can they say the sound registered on 'Snicko' was that of ball on bat and not something else?

I see no positives whatsoever to be honest apart from Overton doing well on debut

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Not bad today from England - Malan comes of age and Bairstow digs in

Cook    lbw    b Starc    7   
Stoneman    c Paine    b Starc    56   
Vince    c Paine    b Hazlewood    25   
Root    c Paine    b Cummins    20   
Malan    not out        110   
Bairstow    not out        75   
Extras    1nb 1w 8b 2lb    12

Total    (89.0 overs)    305-for4wickets   

If we get 450 we shouldn't lose - that's about as positive I can get at the moment

Eh up - that were a nice end to the day.

That Malan is a pretty good batsman across all formats.

I am fucked off the curse of captaincy seems to have afflicted Root.

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

Eh up - that were a nice end to the day.

That Malan is a pretty good batsman across all formats.

I am fucked off the curse of captaincy seems to have afflicted Root.

What's Cooks excuse though!?

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Ha ha ha.

I am unsure.  End of the road?  How old is he?

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

Ha ha ha.

I am unsure.  End of the road?  How old is he?

He's only 32 isn't he?

Mind,  he needs to turn it around quickly,  can't keep picking him on reputation.  He does have these 'lean' spells though and has come through a couple before

403 all out.  Great stuff from Malan and Bairstow, slightly worrying that 6 players scored less than extras.  Also Root not firing which could cost us.

Also not sure Broad, Woakes and Anderson will be too effective with new ball.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Ridiculous collapse again!
The minimum they should got from the cornerstone built up from Malan and Bairstow was 450.
Aussies first wicket down but what's the betting they don't get very close to or surpass our first innings?

useless set of cunts

Don't think Root has what it takes to be captain. This is going to end 5-0. Absolute shambles.

I caught that knob Vaughan on the radio today. Quite funny, thought he was going to pull his hair plugs out.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

I caught that knob Vaughan on the radio today. Quite funny, thought he was going to pull his hair plugs out.

Yeah and he's been pretty quiet on the football front this season too the gobshite!

Embarrassing,!
Wasn't this supposed to be one of the closest fought Ashes series ever?

Add "gutless" to the list!

I'm not sure about gutless - just not good enough

Australia were made to look like World beaters but I'm pretty sure that'll change when they play someone half decent

If I'm being generous I'd say Root and Bairstow and possibly Cook would get in their team but no one else would have a chance