Topic: Mick Head & The Red Elastic Band

Saw him last night at St Georges Bristol, an old chapel which is one of my favourite venues. Ideal to see Mick in.

Words fail me, he was superb. He looks totally different really good, lost a shit load of weight. His band were a full complement. 3guitars, plus his, bass, piano, cello & couple of female singers. Started off a bit dodge with the backing singers on Hazy, but it settled in on the second.

His guitar playing drove the songs & his band were excellent. I missed seeing John next to him, but the others did him proud. It's about the songs.

Anyhow for a full hour and half he was untouchable. Winter turns to spring welled him up. Proper raw & real, from a man who has lived all of those lines. Everything stopped. By the time of Comedy & Meant to be, it was like a religious communion. Fitting in an old chapel.

Concert of the year for me. Let's hope he finds happiness & peace of mind like his song says, by Christ he deserves some.

On the way out we pretty much bumped in to him. I had the pleasure of shaking his hand. He still has it, it's in his eyes.

I am just a common breed

Re: Mick Head & The Red Elastic Band

Nice one.

Site stalwart.

Re: Mick Head & The Red Elastic Band

Can feel it through your words UTA, nice one.