Re: Yosuke Ideguchi Watch

It beggars the question as to why the fuck they bought him in the first place? This purchase seems particularly bizarre.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

He's a rated player, but we aren't Chelsea, we demand immediate results from foreign hires. We can't nurture a player, you only have to look at Ideguchi and Klich to see that. Klich got a lucky escape and will play a handful of subs at CB or DM. Ideguchi, bangs them in for Japan. And not against light teams either. The Aussies are full of fouling bruisers as we know. He was lauded at Gamba Osaka, who were AFC Champions League semi finalists, losing in the semis to Guangzhou 1-2 who then went on to walk the final.

Lots of talk about him being lightweight but that's bollocks. It's not rugby FFS and the press over here have him down as an "aggressive player," do a Google search and try and find a photo of him without a black eye big_smile 

We've clearly fucked him around, smells of Radz thinking a player like him will get him some TV deals out of Japan. We clearly couldn't get him match ready and used to English football in the U23's and then he gets 1.5 training games playing out of position (he's an inside left CM not a winger as we've seen) to prove himself worthy. For this he's had to give up being a star in Japan, and all the trappings you get with being a top player in your own domestic league, stuff like; sponsorship deals, advertising, free stuff, TV show appearances and of course fanny dripping off you wherever you go. He's also given up his world cup and a place in the national side. All for what? To get dicked around in a language you don't understand after obviously being sold some false promises.

I am past caring whether it's because he's "not good enough," and there's plenty of evidence to say that's BS, but to be treated like that, wondering what the fuck is going on, thousand of miles from home, when it's probably a confidence thing for him and he needed easing in to the UK (not Spain!).

Hope he goes on to shine elsewhere, but even if he goes on to play J3, you don't treat people like that, simple!

Last edited by king of the slums (Fri 27 Jul 2018 7:02 am)

#DoTheDai \o/

Let's just marvel at this again for a moment, and at what could have been...

井手口陽介の超絶ゴール!!

#DoTheDai \o/

He's from Osaka, tough as old leather! You do feel for the lad though. Shame.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Not exactly given much of a chance. It was totally a TV related shirt sales type affair or he would have been given a try at least.

I only saw him vs York and he looked decent on the ball in 1st half but innocuous in 2nd playing at right attack. Would like to see him come on late in a few games on big pitches playing 10 role.

And then he gets given a squad number at the club shop.

Cruel trick of the commerce team not being up to speed?

Trying to sell a couple of shirts before turfing him out?

Was the squad a work in progress and they released it?

All of the above?

https://image.ibb.co/kTc68o/Screen_Shot_2018_07_28_at_11_08_00_am.png

#PrayForIdeguchi

#DoTheDai \o/

Shame really. Based on the fact that he was unknown and an international in a decent side he seemed an exciting signing in the style of Masinga and Radebe all those years ago. Very unLeeds like really.

Sadly unlike others he doesn't appear to have even been allowed to fail.

I feel sorry for the kid; He moved because he thought he was a midfield started, went to failed spanish project  where he didn't know anyone, didnt settle or play , then lost his place in the japan team, then finally comes to Leeds and Bielsa relegates him to the stiffs. Must be wishes he'd stayed with his jap club and moved after the  WC.
BTW I thought  japan were fucking brilliant - just needed a striker ( or goal scoring midfielder LoL)

They've given him squad number 16.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

If he has an engine on him, he will get a game this season I strongly suspect. I think the players will need 4 lungs to fully utilise Bielsa's favoured game plan.

Forgot about this one big_smile

Love this smile

A bit of Tuesday fun for you. This is New Years Eve 2017/18 - 清武 (Kiyotake)、山口 (Yamaguchi) & 井手口 (Ideguchi) take on 100 school kids in a televised match. Watched this live, nice bit of family fun and great to see the lad with a smile on his face... smile

#DoTheDai \o/

I’m a bit lost on this thread. So he’s got a squad number but he’s not going to play?

Loose Lips wrote:

I’m a bit lost on this thread. So he’s got a squad number but he’s not going to play?

He wasn't when they were first announced mate.  Note sure if it was a gentle kick up the arse for him.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reet. Ta.

Gamba Osaka have not replaced him yet, they'd gladly take him back I hear.

#DoTheDai \o/

Loose Lips wrote:

Someone on the official site put a spreadsheet up saying it was the squad numbers, whole of Japan lost their shit, next day you could get him as 16 at the club shop and he's training with the first team..

Shocking state of affairs, just shit comms from Elland Rd, still not explained..

#DoTheDai \o/

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

He wasn't when they were first announced mate.  Note sure if it was a gentle kick up the arse for him.

Gentle kick up the arse after being played out of position for 1.5 games and nobody in the team attempting to talk to him?

All Leeds Aren't We (except the quite kid over there...)

#DoTheDai \o/

We had this one yet?

That pass at 1:58 smile

His corners / his crosses & not a bad shot on the lad.

Misses a few but makes chances - therein lies the difference, this doesn't gloss over his misses, in fact it goes chronologically, so starts with a few misses, then his first goal for Gamba..

#DoTheDai \o/

Thankfully, now we know, he's not considered as either 1st or 2nd choice in his position, so needs to leave the club (either by transfer or loan).

The club couldn't even be arsed hiring a student to be a translator for him. I'm sure having a 3 way conversation in Japanese, English and Spanish, via Skype calls really helped with his confidence.

I'd get on the next plane to Japan and get back to playing in the J-League a.s.a.p.

Last edited by king of the slums (Mon 06 Aug 2018 6:35 am)

#DoTheDai \o/

had sympathy but he had seven months to learn English and didn't do it...obvs didn't care enough about playing in the UK

Sayonara

I think if Bielsa thought he was what he was looking for the language barrier wouldn't be an issue. Might be a great player but if he's not seen as a piece of the puzzle move on.
One of the strangest transfer sagas ever.

Human kindness is overflowing

Fiery jack wrote:

had sympathy but he had seven months to learn English and didn't do it...obvs didn't care enough about playing in the UK

Sayonara

lol

#DoTheDai \o/

He's playing for the u23s tonight

Nice pinpoint cross for Dalby's goal.

Toughen him up a bit, and keep with him.

And fuck the haters!

Here's a clip of Ideguchi training last week smile

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5qkgy

#DoTheDai \o/

He played in the 10 role behind Dalby. His movement and ball playing was excellent. He didn't pass the ball away once from memory. He did get knocked off the ball a few times. But 90% of the balls he delivered to their desired recipient apart from when he got clattered.

You could hear his name being called more than any other player on the pitch. Almost like the team wanted him to get on the ball. But I got the feeling he was being told where to be a lot of the time maybe because he can't communicate that well. Almost as if they thought he was daft or something. None the less, most of the attacking play came through him, Jack Clarke and especially De Bock.

In my humble he should learn English as fast as he can so he can join in the shouting and pointing like the rest of them. Watching him last night he stood out as one of 3 or 4 really quality players on the pitch. But he looks like he's not dominating like he probably could do, down to confidence in his environment.

He's certainly better off here at Leeds than in Spain or Italy or where ever.  Like I said in another thread, this Press thing is going to leave a lot players fucked playing twice a week. He may get his time sooner rather than later.

Guchi
Shougnessey
De Bock
Clarke

Were best players on the pitch.

Dalby finished his goals well and looked comfortable. He didn't stand out so much but to be honest I was watching the midfield and wing backs more.

Last edited by placidcasual (Tue 14 Aug 2018 7:37 am)